It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:43 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: BUGLE No.4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:44 am 

DIG IN FOR VICTORY!

Everybody who follows Town doesn’t need me to go over old ground and discuss woes from the past... There is only so much Prozac to go round if I decided to write an essay so don’t panic (anybody read that in a Private Jones voice?); there will be little fifth columnist talk here... so the message to manager James Hunter, his coaching staff and to the players is this: Keep Calm And Carry On for Careless Talk Costs Lives (okay a bit melodramatic but you get the gist!). While the Supporters Trust battled to get their club back, understandably, some supporters were concerned with the morale of the team during the schism. Since James Hunter took over the reigns, results have been mainly positive - the 4-1 win at Whickham and a 2-1 defeat of Tow Law highlight the progress made. Unfortunately, since the supporters took over the club, Town’s results, barring the 6-1 win against Jarrow have been bitterly disappointing. So how much does off the field activity actually affect players or does stability, inadvertently create a comfort zone mentality? It maybe a tad early to over analyse right now - a couple of wins will soon put that theory to bed. What I do know is this: during the short time I have had contact with James is his ability to put his point across in an articulate manner. He’s not one to shirk a difficult question, possibly a trait learned from Barry Oliver and he won’t sugar coat a situation so that supporters just hear propaganda. The positive thing right now is that James doesn’t have the time to reflect too much on recent defeats with fixtures coming thick and fast. In all team sports, you hear players and managers talk of learning more from the game in defeat rather than in victory. All sport is about mentality; talent only gets you so far! So James heads into Thursday nights game against Easington with plenty to ponder on. In all fairness, a combination of injuries, unavailability and the weather haven’t been conducive to winning matches. Once James selects his eleven, it’s up to the players to cross that white line and show some resolve, earn the right to play and grind out results. Everything is now in place for the team to succeed, with stability assured for the rest of the season. Time to put on our tins hats and go to Easington and put it right up em!! If we go on a run I will be happy to hear ‘stupid boy’ in my direction!

Sent from my iPad

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.