It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: TOW LAW v BILLINGHAM TOWN PREVIEW
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:31 pm 

TOW LAW TOWN v BILLINGHAM TOWN PREVIEW
Saturday 22nd April, Ironworks Road, 3:00 k.o

We began the season against Tow Law and so we finish the season at Tow Law! Close to the edge of the North Pennines, The Lawyers play on a pitch that lays on top of a disused coal mine and we may need to burn some fuel to keep warm at an infamously cold ground! Neither side has anything to play for, so we may see an experimental line-up.

THE OPPOSITION:
The lawyers have spent the majority of the season, hovering in mid-table but are capable of the odd surprise, including two scalps over Team Northumbria to their name. Games at Ironworks Road can be badly affected by the wind due to the high altitude but luckily for us, none is forecast!! Fans will remember the opening day of the season where we battered them in the first half, leading 2-0 at one stage but the game ended up 2-2. On the scoresheet that day was Dean Thexton who knows how to get goals at this level. Two other dangerous players who were involved that day include Kieran Barker and Kevin Thear, while seventeen year old Jordan Lee continues to catch the eye. One Transfer that raised a few eyebrows, back in January was the arrival of Adam Nicholls from Bishop Auckland; Nicholls a former winger during Billingham's glory days has also played for West Auckland and Newton Aycliffe. Another major signing was Mattie Moffatt from West Auckland; although now at the age of 34, he can still do untold damage at this level!

ONE TO WATCH: MATTIE MOFFATT
Over the years, the name Moffatt would be enough to give any defender nightmares on the eve of a game, for the veteran striker has had a productive career, particularly in his division one days. It's fair to say Moffatt has earned legend status during his time with West Auckland, playing at Wembley in an FA Vase final.

RECENT RESULTS/HOME FORM/HEAD TO HEAD:
Tow Law 5-1 Darlington R.A (Thear 2, Moffatt, Thexton, Lee)
Northallerton 3-2 Tow Law (Whitworth, Lee)
Tow Law 0-0 Easington
Billingham Synthonia 3-2 Tow Law (Thexton, Dixon)
Alnwick 2-4 Tow Law (Thexton 2, Dixon, Barker)
Tow Law 0-1 Thornaby

DWLLLWLLLDdWWWLDLdW W6 D5 L8 F31 A28 League Table: 13th Form Table: 14th

Last Season: Tow Law 2-1 Billingham Town Billingham Town 5-2 Tow Law
This Season: Billingham Town 2-2 Tow Law

SQUAD NEWS:
Craig Hutchinson will finish the season on fifty nine goals in all competitions foretold as he is unavailable due to a prior engagement. Jack Connor and Danny Rowbotham are both out due to injury. Goalkeeper, Alex Leeds can boast a 50% record for clean sheets since he signed for the club, an impressive start to his Billingham Town career.

SQUAD FROM:
Leeds, Moore, Redman, Dixon, Crossen, Oakley, Ridley, Osmond, McDonald, Lavan, Dunlavey, Hogan, Beddow, Davis, Dickinson.

OLIVERS OPUS:
Tow Law away, whether its last game or any game at their place will be tough and I'm still hoping we take the points and hopefully finish fourth which will complete a remarkable season for ourselves. Mattie Moffat will be a threat up top and has experience to still play at any level so I'm expecting our back four to perform at its peak, I will be making changes across the middle and up front to give other lads a final run out and I'm expecting them to perform as per normal and not make this an end of the season party game. Craig Hutchinson is away along with josh keogh but we still take a full 16 players. Obviously to take 40 fans away on our final game is again to prove what fantastic supporters we have at the club and we hope to give them a day to remember to end a dream season for them all and once again I can't thank them enough .

The gaffer

Graham Hutchinson
Press Officer

Sent from my iPad

Next Album. Haley Bonar...... Last War

October. Zola Jesus.....Taiga.