It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 12:47 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please note this forum is not an official Ossett Town forum and is in no way officially linked to Ossett Town FC.

Please ensure that you do not post anything libellous to this forum.

Post subject: NEW MANAGER REQUIRED
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:32 pm 

http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/manag ... town-8865/

I'm surprised Eric didn't get the job, or maybe he didn't want it. Best of luck to the successful candidate, there's some grumpy old sods at the club, it's still 1978 in their world, but people like James Rogers have done a good job with the juniors and hopefully the club can see some light at the end of the tunnel after a few rough years. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: NEW MANAGER REQUIRED
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:36 pm 

I think you may find junior football along way from senior football

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:32 pm 

grassroots wrote:
I think you may find junior football along way from senior football

it might be a learning curve for him and the other newcomers to the senior set up, we all had to start somewhere, some succeeded, the rest of us failed. Mr Turfrey is an example, he had only ever been involved in Wakefield Sunday League football before he joined Ossett Town, he made a few mistakes in the early days, upset a few people, but he did the job he came in to do and cleared the debt, now he's helping Wakefield FC through some challenging times for them. I'm inclined to give Mr Rogers the benefit of the doubt and hopefully he will get the support of the rest of the committee, especially when picking the new manager.

"Tommy" Cooper anyone? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:05 pm 

Where is Gary Brook these days...

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:24 am 

Spoff wrote:
Where is Gary Brook these days...

IN PRISON

he works at New Hall prison near Flockton :mrgreen:

i don't think he's been involved in football since being sacked by Bradford PA.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:16 am 

http://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/sport ... -1-4536104

:roll:

obviously we only have Eric's viewpoint at the moment, i would expect the club to say something in reply if only to refute the allegation that there are factions in the club who wanted Eric to fail.

I think Eric could be barking up the wrong tree when he says that his former association with Ossett Albion was the cause of the opposition to him. Looking at the list of committee members (as published in Graham Willis' latest Town Cryer magazine) and thinking about some of the other members at the club who are still close to the committee, i can't see any of them being daft enough to want Eric to fail just because he was Albion's manager for 10 years.

It could be (this is just me guessing), that Eric heard first hand what had been going on in the club over the last few years from those who left Ossett Town and went to join Ossett Albion; so when he joined us last year he was primed for any potential trouble from the committee, sure enough there would have been some trouble and he dealt with it in a manner that upset a faction of the committee and members who decided he had to go.

I don't think it was Eric's Albion connections that caused the problem, it would have been something he said or did while talking to a committee man or a senior member that marked his cards. Some of them can be that petty.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:12 pm 

SOUTH OSSETTIAN wrote:
http://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/sport/other-sport/gilchrist-says-no-to-ossett-town-job-after-failing-to-win-club-s-complete-support-1-4536104

:roll:

obviously we only have Eric's viewpoint at the moment, i would expect the club to say something in reply if only to refute the allegation that there are factions in the club who wanted Eric to fail.

I think Eric could be barking up the wrong tree when he says that his former association with Ossett Albion was the cause of the opposition to him. Looking at the list of committee members (as published in Graham Willis' latest Town Cryer magazine) and thinking about some of the other members at the club who are still close to the committee, i can't see any of them being daft enough to want Eric to fail just because he was Albion's manager for 10 years.

It could be (this is just me guessing), that Eric heard first hand what had been going on in the club over the last few years from those who left Ossett Town and went to join Ossett Albion; so when he joined us last year he was primed for any potential trouble from the committee, sure enough there would have been some trouble and he dealt with it in a manner that upset a faction of the committee and members who decided he had to go.

I don't think it was Eric's Albion connections that caused the problem, it would have been something he said or did while talking to a committee man or a senior member that marked his cards. Some of them can be that petty.

http://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/sport ... -1-4239028
Someone needs to point out to departing OT Managers that there are alternatives to Mr Mourinho. On a related note the original article seems a little strange as I understand Eric Gilchrist has submitted his CV to the club. It may be so they can recognise a CV when one gets sent in :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:14 am 

i would have thought Eric ticks all the boxes for what Ossett town need for the next few years; lives locally, spent the last 15 years managing local clubs at NCEL and NPL levels, used to working with small budgets, not afraid to introduce local players or youngsters. He would be ideal to keep the club ticking over until the new ground is sorted out. But there again, we're talking about Ossett Town here, anything could happen.