It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:55 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please note this forum is not an official Ossett Town forum and is in no way officially linked to Ossett Town FC.

Please ensure that you do not post anything libellous to this forum.

Post subject: Re: THE CITY GENTS
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:22 pm 

It was some time after 1968 when Willie Watson emigrated. He owned a sports shop in Sunderland and star struck dads regularly took their sons in for kit to get served by the great man.
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/wi ... nd.795218/

Wouldn't happen now!

Post subject: Re: THE CITY GENTS
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:32 pm 

SOUTH OSSETTIAN wrote:
RONNIE LIVERSIDGE

born in Huddersfield in 1934, a centre forward playing for Ossett Town in the 1955-56 season, he joined Bradford City in May 1956, becoming a full time pro in October 1956, his debut was a month later against Rochdale. In December 1956, Bradford City played and won 5 games, Ronnie scoring 6 goals, he ended the season with 15 goals in 22 games. In 1957-58, Ronnie scored 12 goals in 27 games and played in the west Riding Senior Cup final, losing 0-4 to Leeds. Ronnie started the 1958-59 season, playing the first two games, but never played again after that and in 1959, joined Buxton in the Cheshire County League. I've not traced his career after that, but there is a suggestion that at some point in his career he played for Bradley Rangers. He died in 1997.

Hi there, I'm Ronnie's daughter and thrilled to read this piece about my Dad. I have his scrapbook in digital format. If you would be interested to see it, please let me know. Warmest regards, Kay Carson