It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:02 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please note this forum is not an official Ossett Town forum and is in no way officially linked to Ossett Town FC.

Please ensure that you do not post anything libellous to this forum.

Post subject: FRIDAY 2nd AUGUST, 07:45
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:24 pm 

next Friday, Town play Leeds United's under 21 team at Ingfield.

First time in over 20 years Leeds have sent a team down here.

I'm hoping the right Brian McDermott was contacted, it would look a bit silly if Leeds Rhinos turned up here instead. :oops:

the under 21's finished 6th out of 12 in the under 21 Professional Development League 2 North.

the under 18's were champions of the under 18 Professional Development League 2 North.

A few weeks ago, Leeds sent their first team squad to Farsley, Leeds won 5-0 in front of a reputed 3,000 crowd. Farsley had former Ossett Town players Matty Young, Anthony Lloyd, Ryan Serrant, Rob O'Brien and Aiden Savory playing for them.

Anybody visiting Ingfield this week, you might not be able to turn left into Prospect Road from Dale Street, road works (or trench warfare, take your pick). If you're coming off the motorway, best head for Wakefield, turn right into Queens Drive, then right again up Towngate, then right to the club.

Post subject: Re: FRIDAY 2nd AUGUST, 07:45
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:16 pm 

the game got a page to itself in the programme v Chesterfield, titled "watchful eyes at Ossett" (nothing to do with "The Third Man", i'm pleased to say), I've no intention of copying it all here, suffice to say. the pitch got it's usual slagging off (after 20 years, we've heard it all before), Leeds scored through Alex Mowatt and Ryan Hall, they thought Ossett were a big, physical side and they regarded the match as a potential dry run for a FA Cup game. Brian McDermott and Nigel Gibbs were there and there was a buzz amongst all the Leeds fans who turned up.

And Spoff, your eyesight might be good, mine isn't, don't do the centre pages like that again, it hurt my eyes. 8)

The very best of luck to everyone at Ossett Town, and best wishes to all the other Yorkshire clubs, including Albion :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:40 am 

Ha Ha!

centre pages were not supposed to look like that, it was meant to have the boarder round the outside and then text on a white background, I was clearly not clear in my instructions to the printers.

Also, the colours in general I think were a bit strong, with the game coming in at short notice there was not opportunity to have a test print, hopefully it will look better for the Ramsbottom game.

If you want to contribute to any of the programmes do get in touch.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:12 pm 

Spoff wrote:
Ha Ha!

centre pages were not supposed to look like that, it was meant to have the boarder round the outside and then text on a white background, I was clearly not clear in my instructions to the printers.

Also, the colours in general I think were a bit strong, with the game coming in at short notice there was not opportunity to have a test print, hopefully it will look better for the Ramsbottom game.

If you want to contribute to any of the programmes do get in touch.

er, no. last time I contributed something to the programme, Brucey babe felt the need to edit it to cut out the libellous bits. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:42 am 

Fair enough - offer will stay open.

As for programme, now the centre pages have been sorted and a few other teething problems, would appreciate comments good and bad on content style and the like.