It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:57 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please note this forum is not an official Ossett Town forum and is in no way officially linked to Ossett Town FC.

Please ensure that you do not post anything libellous to this forum.

Post subject: Think I've Asked This Before... FAO South Ossettian
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:13 pm 

Hi mate, got two gaps in the recent history that I am trying to fill

Do you know when Micky Bullock left, what was his last game.

For David Leadbetter first and last games

Chris Allwood first game.

I've exhausted all online search options lol

Post subject: Re: Think I've Asked This Before... FAO South Ossettian
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:31 pm 

no idea :mrgreen:

Bullock left at the end of the 1990-91 season, I no longer have any programmes from that time (I put them in the shop and I think Simon Turfrey flogged them on ebay to help pay off the club debts). All my notes are now here on the forum, I got rid of my paper notes once I had typed all my stuff on here.

What I do remember about the 1990-91 season is that one of our last games was against Guiseley, who had played a few days earlier at Wembley in the FA Vase final.

Dave Leadbeater was appointed player manager for the start of the 1991-92 season, one of our first games that season was the FA Cup game against Southport, the club had started building the new stand at the bus station end, the funding of which caused all the ructions at committee level during the 1990-91 season and indirectly led to Bullock losing his job.

I think Dave left Ossett Town in February 1993, Chris Allwood took over as caretaker manager and what I do remember is that Ossett Town ran up some big scores towards the end of the season, including 10-1 v Harrogate Railway. Paul Elsworth ended the season with 20 goals and he was the last one to reach 20 until Gary Brook in 1999.

sorry I couldn't be any help, but if there is anyone out there with programmes from 1990-91, 1991-92 or 1992-93, chances are they could answer your questions. Don't bother looking at the Wakefield Express archives for that time before 1996, they only ever printed Ossett Albion's reports until a new editor took over in 1996 and we started getting some equal coverage.

Post subject: Re: Think I've Asked This Before... FAO South Ossettian
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:10 am 

No problem, thanks as always