It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Glossop v Stockport
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:36 am 

First game for a while for me, but what a pile of dung glossop were?! No idea, no shape, started 4-3-3, then changed formation 3 times dropping wingers into full back positions (again!), and why, WHY do we persist in that clown as captain?! :x just embarrassing, absolutely embarrassing.

Best shout of the night for me was 'sacked in the morning' aimed at Wilcox after stockport went 3-0 up. they had a 15 year old ginger kid playing left wing, who shown more spirit and determination than any of our lot.

Absolute JOKE!

Post subject: Re: Glossop v Stockport
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:27 pm 

laughingboydave wrote:
First game for a while for me, but what a pile of dung glossop were?! No idea, no shape, started 4-3-3, then changed formation 3 times dropping wingers into full back positions (again!), and why, WHY do we persist in that clown as captain?! :x just embarrassing, absolutely embarrassing.

Best shout of the night for me was 'sacked in the morning' aimed at Wilcox after stockport went 3-0 up. they had a 15 year old ginger kid playing left wing, who shown more spirit and determination than any of our lot.

Absolute JOKE!

i actually really felt for your board last night cause we have been in the exact same position the last few weeks, paying out money to players who dont give a toss about anything other than picking up their money and managers with the same thoughts and no idea how to build anything other than pay packets.

its time we as clubs and leagues realise this is non league and the stupid money paid to these mercenary players would be better off given to a worthwhile charity.

Wilcox is way out of date and if the budget there is correct it needs to be slashed accordingly and him punted.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:31 pm 

SSfc1, that is unmitigated bilge.

Dave, first game for a while...unlucky, you picked the worst of the season. Shame you didn't see those that we've played well in.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:59 pm 

SSFC1, sort your problems out at your own club first before you comment on Glossop and our manager.

Laughingboydave, like has been said already, you picked the worst performance of the season for your first vist to GNE in a while and you think you know it all, shame you've not seen us when we've played really well, but I'm sure you'd find something negative to say then wouldn't you. Last night for me was one of those bad nights at the office, its football every team has them now and again, just need to get on with it and move on to the next game.

And when you say 'WE' in your post, is that 'WE' Glossop? Isn't the team that you normally watch Mossley?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:43 pm 

To be fair I agree, the Chairman and Secretary at Glossop are two of the nicest guys that you will meet on the non-league circuit, and visiting Glossop is always a pleasure, I believe that last night those players did let their committee and their supporters down.

I was honestly expecting/fearing a comfortable Glossop victory, I don't know whether they were surprised by the effort they came up against, whether they were complacent, whether the manager got his tactics wrong or whatever, but the fact is they were comprehensively beaten by a side who were considered a Sunday team just a few days earlier. The buck sto ps with the manager in terms of results and I would consider one who withdraws to the safety of the dugout when they go a goal down a poor manager. They have to respond as well as set teams up.

To their credit Stockport have dealt with the very issues highlighted earlier, and no more overpaid, mercenaries will be selected for the club this season. Credit to the chairman for taking that decision.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:24 pm 

Ssfc1 wrote:
i actually really felt for your board last night cause we have been in the exact same position the last few weeks, paying out money to players who dont give a toss about anything other than picking up their money and managers with the same thoughts and no idea how to build anything other than pay packets.

its time we as clubs and leagues realise this is non league and the stupid money paid to these mercenary players would be better off given to a worthwhile charity.

Wilcox is way out of date and if the budget there is correct it needs to be slashed accordingly and him punted.

You Sir, have balls. Your club can be held up as the Poster Boy for how not to run a football club but does that stop you offering advice to others, of course not.

And I have been searching for how much Glossop's budget is this season and cannot find it anywhere. Care to share?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:51 pm 

Hillman wrote:
Ssfc1 wrote:

You Sir, have balls. Your club can be held up as the Poster Boy for how not to run a football club but does that stop you offering advice to others, of course not.

And I have been searching for how much Glossop's budget is this season and cannot find it anywhere. Care to share?

It seems that they cannot answer your question Mr Hillman, me thinks they are just listening to gossip again. They've done it before, and they'll do it again, but they cannot back up their comments with facts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:51 pm 

Facts

1/ Chris Wilcock has managed Woodley previously and was interviewed for the job again 2 years ago, so the board there know what he demands (not asks for) as a budget.

2/ During the previous managers tenure at Stockport at least 4 Glossop players contacted him to try to secure a move and indicated what they were earning

3/ One player who has player for both clubs recently has confirmed the figures paid to players at Glossop

4/ Boards at clubs talk to each other and discuss these matters

So not unmitigated at all. Don't think for one minute that players don't share the figures that they 'earn' with each other. The board member from Stockport was not suggesting that his club was run perfectly, simply highlighting the fact that mercenary players and managers are taking clubs for a ride. It's up to the clubs to turn that around and make the club the important thing once again, not players after some beer money. Communities and supporters are the life blood of the clubs, not the players who will move on for an extra fiver only weeks after joining a club.

Also if forums were only for supporters of clubs that were run perfectly then there would be no need for them at all.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:37 am 

Clucker wrote:
Communities and supporters are the life blood of the clubs, not the players who will move on for an extra fiver only weeks after joining a club.

Goodness. Someone from Woodley set out to sign a Syrian Youth International for their team, but found something else on the Road to Damascus, eh?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:49 pm 

gustavklimt wrote:
Clucker wrote:
Communities and supporters are the life blood of the clubs, not the players who will move on for an extra fiver only weeks after joining a club.

Goodness. Someone from Woodley set out to sign a Syrian Youth International for their team, but found something else on the Road to Damascus, eh?

Thats quality lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:49 pm 

daveo wrote:
Hillman wrote:
Ssfc1 wrote:

It seems that they cannot answer your question Mr Hillman, me thinks they are just listening to gossip again. They've done it before, and they'll do it again, but they cannot back up their comments with facts

£850 plus guaranteed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:52 pm 

Quote:

:lol: And if he's useless I'm sure Wilcox will bang 7 days in! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:01 am 

Wow another loss by Wilcox he cant have many days left now hope he wins next week.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:29 pm 

Excuses excuses excuses. No doubt Daveo & Co will blame me for yet another poor performance? 3 games in a week, all end in defeat. "Manager" issues public apology following the shocking display on Tuesday evening, yet people on this forum we're defending him/the players only hours earlier?

Keep peeing the budget up the wall, we ain't going up this year and we can't win a cup, so why don't we put what's left of "the budget" into next years plan? Or don't we have a plan and we just do what we've done for 30 years and continue to waste supporters/sponsors money hand over fist?!

Anyway, I await the next deluge of nonsense from "real" GNE supporters followed by another apology from the bald eagle.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:40 pm 

Ssfc1 wrote:

Bang on the money, Ssfc1!