It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Club Websites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:19 pm 

Obviously the NWCFL website has been updated in recent weeks & in my opinion is a big improvement on what was provided by the league before. Just to start a debate on this forum as it's been a bit quiet lately, which club websites do supporters like and what do supporters look for in their website? (try to avoid nominating your own club as favourite site as I will do so).

My favourite so far is the Glossop site, it has good match reports as well as the supporters forum which is great for keeping up with news and views from the club. I actually find the supporters version of news from a club is much better and more informative than that which the clubs release.

Post subject: Re: Club Websites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:32 pm 

Glossop's is a good one yes but always think that both Runcorn teams have good websites. Both give good information and have regular news posts. I like it when clubs have something a bit different from the usual Pitchero site.

In regards to Winsford's, I like the layout of ours but it definitely needs work. We rarely get info about players coming in or leaving on the website. The match reports should be put on the home page too but they do write one for every game which is good. The player profiles on ours is decent too but just wish we had a forum again, that was so useful and insightful until it got taken down.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:29 pm 

What annoys me most about the Stockport Sports site is that there is rarely news regarding the comings and goings player wise which interests me most as a supporter. I agree both Runcorn sites are good too.
I think that sometimes the people in charge forget how passionately we care about our clubs and are selective in the information they release.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:32 am 

Hmmm. We have switched to a Pitcheroo site.I was involved in the old one, but not the new. I'm really grateful to have some of the admin lifted from me, so it would be churlish to criticise, but I still find the Pitchero format unneceesarily cluttered and busy on the home page. I am not easy about seeing advertising film of obese bodies (and that's not pictures of our players!) when all I'm looking for is the latest Match Report.

Initially, I also found ours difficult to navigate through, but whether it has been streamlined or whether I'm just getting used to it I don't know, but in fairness it is a breeze now. The content is also building nicely.

Agree with the above though that GNE, Linnets & Town are always worht a look at.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:35 pm 

Dave,

We (Cheadle Town) switched to Pitchero a couple of seasons ago but will be switching off it next summer; we will be having a new website in time for next season, all clean lines and social media friendly without the clutter that tends to come with the Pitchero sites which look a tad dated and are "deep and narrow" in their navigation set up instead of being "wide and shallow" i.e far too many clicks are required to get what you want.

In fact, the new Cheadle Town FC website might have a bit of a familiar look-and-feel....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:10 pm 

The Pole wrote:
Dave,

We (Cheadle Town) switched to Pitchero a couple of seasons ago but will be switching off it next summer; we will be having a new website in time for next season, all clean lines and social media friendly without the clutter that tends to come with the Pitchero sites which look a tad dated and are "deep and narrow" in their navigation set up instead of being "wide and shallow" i.e far too many clicks are required to get what you want.

In fact, the new Cheadle Town FC website might have a bit of a familiar look-and-feel....

Oh, good! If that means what I think it means.

I tend to enjoy games against Cheadle and I feel there are a number of parallels betwixt our two Clubs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:33 pm 

It must do. Norton United have been promoted, the path is clear! lol.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:54 am 

Braynsalad wrote:

Similar design but that's where my involvement sort-of ends. I'll be doing the odd match report here and there.

All other content will be nothing to do with me. I miss doing the unofficial website, for sure, but as has been proven twice I'm up against an idiot who somehow gets listened to by the authorities every time, so it's not worth getting involved anymore.

Matt (SHT Fan) wrote:

:) I'm not through with him yet. I find it ironic that - after he went and whinged about content on a Twitter account - a certain person went and set up his own Twitter account about three weeks later.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:36 pm 

Lol, type of individuals they are to be fair! Anyway, it doesn't matter, I've managed to get one over on him. He's still waiting for his film of last seasons Division 1 trophy final which I promised him a copy of! He'll be waiting a considerably longer time too! Not much, but its better than nothing! lol.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:11 pm 

The Pole wrote:
Braynsalad wrote:

Similar design but that's where my involvement sort-of ends. I'll be doing the odd match report here and there.

All other content will be nothing to do with me. I miss doing the unofficial website, for sure, but as has been proven twice I'm up against an idiot who somehow gets listened to by the authorities every time, so it's not worth getting involved anymore.

I know the feeling. Loud appears to be more important than accurate!

Matt (SHT Fan) wrote:

Quote:
:) I'm not through with him yet. I find it ironic that - after he went and whinged about content on a Twitter account - a certain person went and set up his own Twitter account about three weeks later.

I recall when we were last down there one of their officials made a comment to me which pretty much confirms everything you've said.