It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ferriby
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:47 pm 

Lets hope we can do an Ossett A and put Ferriby out of the FA trophy on Sat.
More so after the hamering they gave us at their place.

Post subject: Re: Ferriby
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:53 pm 

If Ossett can do it, don't see why the Blues can't. Ferriby going through a bit of a dip in form recently, but they did look
a good side against Frickley over there. Wouldn't bet against Bradshaw scoring.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:55 pm 

If you're a betting man, have a fiver on Mark Gray being on the Ferriby bench again - god knows why he can't get a game, he's way better than a bench warmer

Hoping for mid table complacency

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:10 pm 

Mini Maureenio wrote:
If you're a betting man, have a fiver on Mark Gray being on the Ferriby bench again - god knows why he can't get a game, he's way better than a bench warmer

Agree with you, but Ferriby have got two decent centre halves and a very good right back. I wouldn't expect an easy game, but
big Gavin is on form and results have picked up recently.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:23 pm 

Ear plugs in for Sat with Billy in the dug out.
Wouldent it be great if we could pay them back for the hamering they gave us a few weeks back and get a few bob in to the club?
As Kevin Kegan once said I would love it if we beat them.
Come on lads you can do it, you have with others so why not with little Ferriby.
What should / can we do to stop Bradshaw? Apart from leg him up as he comes out.
How is the pitch with all this rain i wonder?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:39 am 

Billy can be loud, certainly a character on the touch line. He will not want to lose against his old club.
As for Bradshaw, he's a clever little player with a good first touch and finds space well. Could try man
marking him, but he would drag the marker about the field. They have other dangerous forwards. Don't
expect an easy game, but they can be beat.
A good run in the FA Trophy would bring some money in and might get a few more people up to the ground.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:08 pm 

as i wasnt at the game today, can anyone shed light on what happened in the last few minutes :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:21 pm 

forest blue wrote:
as i wasnt at the game today, can anyone shed light on what happened in the last few minutes :(

Ferriby scored 3 goals :wink:
We played well, even with 10 men didn't just sit back and try to hold out, but the game ended with a bit of a domino effect. Completely different game to the one at their place though, 11-against-11 I felt we were as good as they were.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:31 pm 

just looks like an hammering again but i can understand trying to get back on terms and getting caught out. ah well just the cup then :?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:18 pm 

Disappointed by the result and by an attendance under 150, but the performance for the majority of the game sounds
promising. Always expected Bradshaw to score, nearly always does against the Blues.
I wish Ferriby good luck in the next round.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:01 pm 

glad in a way that i had to work with a scoreline like that, must have been hard to take in the last few minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:15 am 

The score flattered Ferriby without doubt. Jeffs sending off before half time was obviously a real game changer. Even with 10 men in the 2nd half we were comfortable. It's just that we couldn't get enough bodies around Big Gav to pose a real threat on their goal. A great striker by Peat the left back just really knocked the stuffing out of us. It's never good to lose games and It would have been a financial bonus to get through, but with having a thin squad, i'm just glad we don't have to go to a replay with the big FA Cup game coming up next week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:35 am 

Agree with SMS. Had the score been a true reflection on the game there would have been cause for concern. It was looking like a replay with 4 min. to go. Tom made a great save but Peat was allowed to pick up a loose ball and run and shoot when he ought to have been closed down. After that there was nothing to lose other than get towards NFU goal. Hopefully we can go to the Cup game next Saturday with a fully fit squad and get a meaningful result.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:42 am 

Back down to earth again.
The lads gave their all 100% IMO but class showed again.
But carnt fault the players.
Think thats what we will get all season a few good game and shock results but when players are playing above their abbility they have to work a lot harder and they carnt do it week in week out.
Disappointed yes suprised no not really.
All the best to Ferriby they beat us far and squire.
Is that gate number right Blade just 150? If it is it looks as if the good time boys have gone again just the old boy left again.
I thort there was more than that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:02 am 

Got to agree - the display that the boys gave didn't deserve to have 4 put past them. Like SMS said, Lukes red card was a game changer - we looked comfortable up to that point.

Still not sure what happened with the red card, as we were down the other end - sounds like an NFU man had hold of Luke, & he lifted his arms to shrug him off, ref saw it (and how 2 NFU players managed to go down in the box I have no idea!). After Hinsley got brought off so that we could put Tommy J on, big Gav had no-one to play with him. Matty Bloor put a tremendous shift in again & the keeper gets better every game I see

After the match Billy said he'd have been happy with 2-1. Anyway, let's write it off & get ready for Saturday.

Hoping for mid table complacency

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY