All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Tom Johnston
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:59 pm 

Spalding Utd have put 7 days in for Tom

Post subject: Re: Tom Johnston
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:05 pm 

jpurkiss wrote:
Spalding Utd have put 7 days in for Tom

They put 7 days in for me as well, but i'm staying put.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:15 pm 

thats a drop of 2 levels ? :?
would question his ambition if he goes,he has looked the best of the defenders that rosey brought in at the start of the season.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:29 pm 

blue stan wrote:
thats a drop of 2 levels ? :?
would question his ambition if he goes,he has looked the best of the defenders that rosey brought in at the start of the season.

Go to agree, in the middle of a back four he would do well. I think he could push Milan for a start, as i think Jake is a shoe in at the moment.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:01 pm 

Just hope he doesn't go, but if they're offering more money and a regular start could see him moving to Lincolnshire.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:50 pm 

Blade wrote:
Just hope he doesn't go, but if they're offering more money and a regular start could see him moving to Lincolnshire.

Tom lives in Scunny i do believe, so maybe the pleasant pastures of South Elmsall are too much for him. i hear Spalding is twinned with Scunny after all.. :D

I think Tom has been on holiday, and Nipper has eluded to signing another defender in this week's express. We are a bit light at centre back if Tom leaves, although Jeffs could step in anywhere along the back four when required.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:14 pm 

Blade wrote:

if that is so,where are they getting the money from at that level?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:17 pm 

blue stan wrote:
Blade wrote:

if that is so,where are they getting the money from at that level?

It's all speculation Stan.....what will be, will be......Carry on regardless

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:27 pm 

I once met and had a good talk with some Spalding fans on a train, when they and I were coming home from
games, very passionate about their team and quite knowledgeable about non-league football in general.
A lot of parks in Scunny,SMS. I hate the hill en route to the ground, terrible when it's frosty and slippy - especially
after watching the reserves on a freezing cold night

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:39 pm 

Blade wrote:
I once met and had a good talk with some Spalding fans on a train, when they and I were coming home from
games, very passionate about their team and quite knowledgeable about non-league football in general.
A lot of parks in Scunny,SMS. I hate the hill en route to the ground, terrible when it's frosty and slippy - especially
after watching the reserves on a freezing cold night

Terrible ground to go too, been twice watching the Blades on the train from Donny, as soon as you get off the police round you up like sheep and kettle you into a boozer, then put free shuttle buses on to the ground. I did manage to escape one year with the Bailey brothers, as one of them was a copper. The scunny massive came into a bar and got short shift, followed by the police...We had to travel on this 80's double decker shuttle bus to the ground, along with many others.
The police took you the long course around the outskirts of Scunny, instead of direct to the ground. It took ages, we had police on the bus with us all the way.
Then you got the banter with the police on route.. the following was aimed at them on the bus "Hey up love, this is Scunny, not Galatasaray"..."we've been in the premier league you know, played at Old Trafford, Anfield" and then someone piped up,"earlier this season we were even allowed to walk to Millwall"....Classic Blades days, but we never win their :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:47 pm 

See link http://www.spaldingtoday.co.uk/sport/fo ... -1-4264958

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:47 am 

I presume you are writing about your experiences of Glanford Park, Scunthorpe, SMS. Not great by rail, a very
long walk, never been herded by police into a pub or seen a free bus there. Did go by car the last time I went, very
easy, a large cheap car park at the ground. Not been to a lot of games there, a few reserves and a friendly included,
only seen them win there in the aforementioned friendly.
I quite like Scunthorpe, but not the ground, the away end too small and cramped for my liking and just too far from the
railway or bus station.
Never been to Spalding, never had a reason to really. Is that where they have a flower festival? Wouldn't fancy a football
club I supported being nicknamed 'The Tulips'.
Saw Russ Wilcox play for Scunny' reserves when he was assistant manager, in midfield, did okay, a lot of young un's doing
his running for him.