It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Ashton United game
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:53 pm 

Sounds more like it, think Gavin Allott makes a big difference. Glad Indy scored, looks like a decent player to me
and should make a major contribution to the side throughout the season.
Sorry to have missed the first point gained and the improved performance but I did see seven of the eight goals at
Bramall Lane, buying chips and a bottle of coke near half-time and not looking at the tv screens thereabouts for the
Cofie' goal.
Like everyone is saying - it is something to build upon.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:35 pm 

a decent performance from 1 to 11,looked more comfortable with this formation,i know its ealy days but for a team at the top their defence seemed to panic a lot and looked shaky at the back,well done boys,it starts from here,i for one think we can get our first win on tuesday as the confidence will have gone up from this display,draw was maybe a fair result but we just shaded them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:43 pm 

blue stan wrote:
a decent performance from 1 to 11,looked more comfortable with this formation,i know its ealy days but for a team at the top their defence seemed to panic a lot and looked shaky at the back,well done boys,it starts from here,i for one think we can get our first win on tuesday as the confidence will have gone up from this display,draw was maybe a fair result but we just shaded them.

Not according to Ashton Utd manager Danny Johnson, he felt that his team had lost today and tossed 3 points away, As his keeper only had to make one save......Not the same game i watched, but never mind.

A draw maybe a fair result, but i agree with Stan, Ashtons back four in the first half were shaky and we had our fair chances to score if we had our shooting boots on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:14 am 

a very well deserved point today, well done to all involved. glyn and jimmy were outstanding and caused ashton no end of problems.

shame about the gift we gave away just before half time, before that they weren't in the game. the ashton manager must have been watching a diffrent game to us then, agreed they had a spell of pressure, but in no way was they the better team.

well done guys, revenge on tuesday please 8)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:25 am 

A bit concerned about the official attendance, under two hundred is poor. Good to not hear anyone complain
about the referee.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:33 am 

The ref was OK Blade, one of the ones that you don't really notice - hence they must be doing a decent job. Me & SMS had a bit of a natter with him in the bar

Hoping for mid table complacency

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:09 am 

told you go to 4-3-3 and the results would come.worked at goole.one points a small start but its a start.shame we lost but onwards and upwards.keep up the good work karl :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:50 pm 

Agree with other posts, great performance - particularly first half, should really have had a first half lead but thought fair result. Think Indy should have started, I've been impressed with him in every game. Only worrying aspects- the defence seemed to have gone missing a couple of times, should really have been punished, hopefully Karl will sort. Referee, fair to both sides and wasn't impressed by play acting, best I've seen for a while.
Well done boys.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:35 pm 

bluebeard wrote:
Agree with other posts, great performance - particularly first half, should really have had a first half lead but thought fair result. Think Indy should have started, I've been impressed with him in every game. Only worrying aspects- the defence seemed to have gone missing a couple of times, should really have been punished, hopefully Karl will sort. Referee, fair to both sides and wasn't impressed by play acting, best I've seen for a while.
Well done boys.

Have to agree with you about Indy, will probably get better if he plays plenty of games and gets to know the other players
better. Just read that Eastwood had less than one hundred and fifty at their game, a town that size should do better, almost
makes the Frickley attendance figure look good. Think the defence has gone missing quite a few times this season. Probably
be better with a back four and with matches played.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:43 pm 

We have to give the back four a chance, First time they have played together yesterday. Milan looks a good addition at the back, but looks short of match fitness....Him alongside Picton looks promising...Milan also adds a threat from set pieces in the opposing box.