It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ashton United game
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:22 pm 

Think we all know that we need to start getting points on the table and FAST! With Ashton United winning all 4 games so far it's not going to be easy.

Like everyone i've been very disappointed with the season so far, so lets hope we can kick-start it on Saturday with all 3pts. Don't think i'll be able to make the game because of work, but i did say that last Saturday and still went :lol: :lol:

So come on Frickley!

UP THE BLUES!!!

Post subject: Re: Ashton United game
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:33 pm 

RIP Rory Dove wrote:
Think we all know that we need to start getting points on the table and FAST! With Ashton United winning all 4 games so far it's not going to be easy.

Like everyone i've been very disappointed with the season so far, so lets hope we can kick-start it on Saturday with all 3pts. Don't think i'll be able to make the game because of work, but i did say that last Saturday and still went :lol: :lol:

So come on Frickley!

UP THE BLUES!!!

As your carer....you should be asking me if you can come to the game :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:59 pm 

You've already done me enough favours after getting me back into Englandfans after writing to the FA for me :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:01 pm 

RIP Rory Dove wrote:
You've already done me enough favours after getting me back into Englandfans after writing to the FA for me :lol:

Me and Woy Hodgson are good pals you see ! Woy woves wory Dove :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:05 pm 

Here was me thinking you was good mates with Gary Neville. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:08 pm 

RIP Rory Dove wrote:
Here was me thinking you was good mates with Gary Neville. :lol:

No...even his dad Neville Neville doesn't like Gary, How stupid is that name, it's nearly as bad as RIP Rory Dove :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:10 pm 

I think having a surname like "Shorts" is worse :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:11 pm 

By the way my £1 lucky scratch card came up with nothing today towards the £50,000.

I wonder if i come up with £50,000 on the scratch card..Steve would make it a sticky for me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I may have to do the Euro millions instead

Last edited by seanmarshallsshorts on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:13 pm 

RIP Rory Dove wrote:

How's about seanmarshallspants then :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:15 pm 

Maybe we should get Gary Neville to sign for the club :lol:

Last edited by RIP Rory Dove on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:18 pm 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:
RIP Rory Dove wrote:

How's about seanmarshallspants then :lol:

Seanmarshallspj's sounds better. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:27 pm 

All this pillow talk is great, but i have a life to lead apparently according to my wife.

Back to the topic of Ashton, hopefully we get at least a point on the board. Why is it Ashton always fly of the blocks at the start of the season and then fade away, i know they have got some good players this year from scouting around the other forums etc, and their gaffer Danny Johnson is a good young manager.

Let's hope the guys in a Blue shirt can tough it out and come out with a result

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:10 pm 

Without doubt, from what i have seen and credited by others, our best performance of the season.....We went back to 4 at the back in a 4-3-3 system.
We were at them from the start and the players looked at lot more at home in the system....the confidence the players gained was evident in the first 15-20 minutes. Surprised to see Big Gav start but he gave is all for the 1st half before coming off and feeling the pace and probably is hamstring, with his lack of match fitness at the moment it's understandable.
We should have really been leading at half time, we were far the better team before getting caught with a sucker punch blow on the stroke of half time.
A great driven goal from the sub Indy brought us level and there were solid performances all along the park. Yates and Buck put in good performances on the defensive flanks where it's been our achilles heel, especially good from the latter who has been out of favour. Milan at CB added some know how for us and should also get better with matches played. Picton was his usual solid self and the keeper was good again.

Little Jimmy just fed off the the two big lads up front and we looked a far better balanced side. Credit to the manager for being big enough to changing it around to simplicity.

I could go on a Frickley 1 rant and say "SMS told you so, and you heard it here first".....But to be honest i'm better than that :lol:

Yes, It's only a point, but it's a building block laid..and as I and apparently the manager already said pre match. The season starts here.

Also after the game there were some mini games with some local junior clubs with a BBQ, credit to all those who turned up and Pete and Maria Bywater who did all the cooking....a good afternoon. :D

I didn't get enough food though, so i'm off to McDonalds mountain :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:28 pm 

Best performance of the season from the Blues so far, a much better display from the one we had last Monday. Didn't think any player played particularly bad and especially the 1st half they all gave 100% today. Great goal from Inderjeet in the 2nd half who was unlucky not to start the game in my opinion. Also it was good to see Allott return, but he may still be lacking in Match fitness a bit.

Let hope the boys can build from here now and start collecting more points, hopefully with another 3 from Matlock on Tuesday night.

So let our season start from here.

Well done Frickley today, up the Blues.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:30 pm 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:
Without doubt, from what i have seen and credited by others, our best performance of the season.....We went back to 4 at the back in a 4-3-3 system.
We were at them from the start and the players looked at lot more at home in the system....the confidence the players gained was evident in the first 15-20 minutes. Surprised to see Big Gav start but he gave is all for the 1st half before coming off and feeling the pace and probably is hamstring, with his lack of match fitness at the moment it's understandable.
We should have really been leading at half time, we were far the better team before getting caught with a sucker punch blow on the stroke of half time.
A great driven goal from the sub Indy brought us level and there were solid performances all along the park. Yates and Buck put in good performances on the defensive flanks where it's been our achilles heel, especially good from the latter who has been out of favour. Milan at CB added some know how for us and should also get better with matches played. Picton was his usual solid self and the keeper was good again.

Little Jimmy just fed off the the two big lads up front and we looked a far better balanced side. Credit to the manager for being big enough to changing it around to simplicity.

I could go on a Frickley 1 rant and say "SMS told you so, and you heard it here first".....But to be honest i'm better than that :lol:

Yes, It's only a point, but it's a building block laid..and as I and apparently the manager already said pre match. The season starts here.

Also after the game there were some mini games with some local junior clubs with a BBQ, credit to all those who turned up and Pete and Maria Bywater who did all the cooking....a good afternoon. :D

I didn't get enough food though, so i'm off to McDonalds mountain :mrgreen:

Where's that then?