It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:59 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Hemsworth Miners' Welfare.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:25 pm 

A good work out for the first pre-season game. Allott and South looked like they could form a decent strike
partnership. Wood a danger too. The midfield solid and the defence rarely troubled.
A very good, flat pitch and a spirited Hemsworth side that deserved their goal and never gave up.
Probably be harder against Bridlington.

Post subject: Re: Hemsworth Miners' Welfare.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:36 pm 

Blade wrote:
A good work out for the first pre-season game. Allott and South looked like they could form a decent strike
partnership. Wood a danger too. The midfield solid and the defence rarely troubled.
A very good, flat pitch and a spirited Hemsworth side that deserved their goal and never gave up.
Probably be harder against Bridlington.

Yes Hemsworth were spirited, Maybe over spirited at times, to be honest they disappointed me, I expected more from them, but to be fair they had a few players missing. Promising signs for Frickley with South and Allott, Hemsworth had no real height across the park and could not cope with the Physical prowess of our front two. You can only beat what's in front of you as they say. Lumsden also impressed me for a striker playing wing back and Bloor looks a totally different player to when he last played for Frickley, Leaner and Stronger. We probably saw more passing in one game than we did the last several games of last season, which was refreshing.

I'm not one to get carried away with these type of games, the real test starts at Hednesford, But onwards and upwards. It's all about the building blocks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:44 pm 

There were a few tackles that were over robust, but I had the feeling that Hemsworth can only play one way
to compete. Might just see when they play Farsley on Thursday. They certainly couldn't match Frickley for
height or power. Think they need a big centre half to be more than a mid-table or lower side in their league.
Ticker probably more a goal threat at that level. Not a bad little set up and with good local support. Hopefully they will try to improve the ground when possible,
a bit more shelter from bad weather would be welcome.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:59 am 

Hemsworth were less robust against Farsley than against Frickley, but showed good spirit again despite
getting beat three-nil. The home team's right back there stand out player and did a good job at centre half
in the second half. I liked a few of the Farsley' players, the number eight scored a great goal, beating three
or four defenders before hitting the target, likes to run with the ball. The giant centre half very steady and
commanding, a bit of a stroll for him really. The big striker looked like he could be a threat, but a bit
short of match fitness and wayward with his shooting and generally needed to be a bit nastier and scare his
markers, but certainly got the build and a touch of pace - will score goals at that level.
Andy Haywood came on for the second half and formed a decent partnership with Ticker, got into the right positions
and put in a few nice passers. Looked very fit for his age, not carrying any weight. No chances made for him
and the away defence pretty comfortable throughout the ninety odd minutes.
A few of the home fans still talking about Frickley's big front two, very impressed generally.
The same ref and linesmen as against the Blues and doing a very good job.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:46 pm 

Come on Blade, Two visits to Fitzwilliam in a week, must be a hostilary involved somewear !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:28 am 

Did visit the Catch Penny and The Rovers (very disappointed they no longer do proper draught Guinness) and
the welfare in the ground but not quite the same being restricted to one and a half pints due to the medication
I am on, drinking rather a lot of coke and orange juice instead.
Only pubs I know in Fitzwilliam, not a place I know very well at all. Only been there three or four times,
all to see the football.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:52 am 

Hemsworth beat a dogged South Kirkby Colliery' side three-nil, all goals coming when the away side tired
in the last fifteen minutes. Poor performances from ex Blues Andy Haywood and Jake White in the first half.
The latter playing in central midfield. Think the home side missed Ticker's energy and williness to run.
Free to get in, I like free. Can't see either side making much impression in their leagues, but there time
to improve.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:11 am 

Welfare very poor in defence against a quick Askern Villa attack last night, were losing four-one when I left.
The first two gifted by errors by the goalkeeper and defenders including Jake White, who played at right back
behind a steady but angry Andy Heywood. Ticker making the goal with a challenge on the Villa keeper. The
home side finishing with three former Frickley men in defence, the aforementioned White, who did okay, Dean
Barrick and Dean Foley. The latter two brought on at half-time.
Great fourth goal, good run at pace and brilliant shot from distance by the impressive Jay Rollins, might be one
to watch out for in the future. A good all-round performance by Villa.
Think Wayne Benn and Andy Haywood need more consistant performances from their goalkeeper and defence,
certainly could do with a bit more pace in the side. Their main attacking midfielder Jack Wakefield could not get
into the game often enough became frustrated and got himself booked for constantly complaining to the ref'.
Had to laugh when a Villa player standing about two or three yards from a defensive wall fell down in the box
with no one near him and appealed for a penalty.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:44 pm 

See that it finished five-one to Villa. Mark Vickerage, former Frickley defender or midfielder scoring near to half-time.
Believe he's usually the captain and seems to have been playing for Askern for a very long time. Could well see why the
former Frickley players in the home side now play at the lower level on the night.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:43 pm 

Blade wrote:
See that it finished five-one to Villa. Mark Vickerage, former Frickley defender or midfielder scoring near to half-time.
Believe he's usually the captain and seems to have been playing for Askern for a very long time. Could well see why the
former Frickley players in the home side now play at the lower level on the night.

If i remember rightly, Mark Vickerage was a dimunitive striker up at Frickley, A bit in the Adam Lee mould, was promising with pace, always got himself in the right positions, but seldom could put the ball in the back of the net. Adam Lee was the same, could never score enough goals.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:39 pm 

Played for Frickley Under Nineteens in defence and midfield, may have played up top for the first team, only I
remember him more favourably further back where he usually plays for Askern.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:11 am 

Was quite impressed by Hemsworth at Hallam yesterday, won one-nil thanks to a Jack Wakefield penalty.
Very good performance from a confident new keeper and captain Dean Foley was very solid at the back. Deserved
the victory though Hallam had a couple of chances.
Very warm and sunny at Sandygate, also impressed by there being five young barstaff all dressed in smart black
uniforms serving behind the bar, it open and serving customers throughout the game. A bit disappointed that the
Plough was shut until after kick off.
Ticker working hard, Jake White in midfield and Andy Haywood coming on as sub in the second half.
Think it will be another season of struggle for The Countrymen.
Took a very long time to get home, twenty minute wait for a bus, one not stopping though empty earlier. The trams
stopping at West Street jammed packed with Wednesdayites, couldn't squeeze onto the first two that arrived. Then
the train was delayed fifteen minutes outside Donny Station awaiting a plaform. Got home just before eight o'clock.
Just thought I'd add the last paragraph to keep Frickley1 happy!
Glad he enjoyed the win against Chorley anyhow. I might have got home earlier if I'd gone there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:34 pm 

Well it is supposed to be the Frickley FOOTBALL forum. But with your postings Blade i sometimes wonder what you think it is. Rail way time table / Bus time table or even a joint forum for any team you have been watching or anything that may come into your old head for that matter. If i want to know about Hemsworth or any other team for that matter i would look on their web page unless Frickley had signed a player from them or played them. If i wanted to know when the Bus / train go's to a place i would look on their web page. Try it Blade it works and leave our Frickley FOOTBALL forum to do what it's there for, Frickley FOOTBALL. But i dont think you will because you love to read your own waffle and bore some of us to death.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:49 pm 

Good point well stated, Frickley1, sure your spelling is improving too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:52 pm 

Your waffles not improving Blade still boring some of us as much as ever.
But you will keep it up i feel sure.
Get back to Frickley Football matters mate.