It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pre-season friendlies.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:24 am 

Didn't go to Brid' last night, as I would have a five hour wait on Hull Railway Station, so went to Hallam again
against a young Wednesday side. Two-two when I left. Thought Cecil might get a run out. Hallam doing well
until they kicked up hill. The pitch looked good and another decent attendance. Didn't notice our former loanee.
Some very tall, powerful lads in the Owls' side, Hallam another side that lack a bit of height.
The train to Sheffield packed with Rovers's fans going to Rotherham, the New York Stadium looks
brilliant lit up at night, looking forward to going there with Sheff Utd.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:09 am 

Was quite impressed by Rotherham's New York Stadium, a brilliant pitch - if a footballer can't play football on that
he or she should pack up. A bit further from the railway station than I thought, though there might be a shorter
route than we took. A decent match and a great goal by John Cofie to settle it in the Blades' favour.
Was also impressed by Rotherham's busy midfielder Ben Pringle, got a good engine and a great shot on him.
It ain't no Don Valley or Millmoor. Be a good venue for local non league finals.
Strangely, the ball was played long more last night than I've seen in all the non league friendlies I've seen this
season. Rotherham doing most of the getting the ball forward quickly route one, think they'd be better getting it
down on the deck more often.
The away end sold out unsurprisingly, and kick off delayed by fifteen minutes to get people inside the stadium. Liked
the use of Sintara's 'New York, New York'. The PA system okay, but could do with being a touch louder and clearer.
Hope the Millers do well in the coming season.
United sending a mixed side of first teamers and reserves to Hallam on Thursday night, should be another good attendance
for The Countrymen.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:41 pm 

There over four hundred for the Hallam against Sheff Utd eleven fixture. Made plenty from gate money and from
beer, a lot supped by my fellow Unitedites. An easy four-nil and a few of the first team squad playing. Just wish
it had happened at South Elmsall not Crosspool, though expect less United followers would have travelled - many
couldn't even tell you where South Elmsall is let alone how to get there.