It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Pre-season friendlies.
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:03 pm 

I see that quite a few clubs have already arranged friendlies for the pre-season period. Do you think
it's too soon or the sooner the better?
Wouldn't mind a game against Karl Rose's old side, not bothered if it's home or away. Notice they've
been moved from south to the north, which means more games against Yorkshire based sides. Probably
only miss the fixtures against Brigg. But might play the oldest team in Lincolnshire in cup competitions
or in a friendly, seems rare when they don't meet at some point in a season.
Think it about time the Blues played Hemsworth at Fitzwilliam. Glasshoughton another club Athletic don't
play very often.

Post subject: Re: Pre-season friendlies.
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:14 pm 

We played Glass a few seasons ago Blade and it was free to get in as well.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:42 pm 

If it was away, I missed it. Like free, Frickley1.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:53 am 

Any games would be nice? I figure a game against Goole would be a given, and one against Wakefield.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:55 am 

Wakefield or Ossett Town, either would do at the same ground. Wouldn't mind Albion as I haven't been
there before.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:57 pm 

Yes it was away at Glass blade.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:13 pm 

I probably couldn't get home comfortably by public transport or was watching Sheff Utd.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:51 pm 

still quiet on this subject,i see we are in talks with donny rovers,it would be nice to have something arranged,maybe teams like both harrogates,gainsborough,goole,brigg,sheffield,hemsworth,armthorpe,glasshoughton,parkgate,tadcaster,might all be worth testing the water.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:00 pm 

blue stan wrote:
still quiet on this subject,i see we are in talks with donny rovers,it would be nice to have something arranged,maybe teams like both harrogates,gainsborough,goole,brigg,sheffield,hemsworth,armthorpe,glasshoughton,parkgate,tadcaster,might all be worth testing the water.

A good selection, Blue stan. Don't like Gainsborough, someone nicked my double Jack Daniels and coke in a pub there.
I haven't been to Tadcaster to watch football, seem to remember going fishing there though many years ago. Don't think I
caught anything. I wouldn't mind Maltby now they have turned The Queens into a Weatherspoons. Dinnington another team
Frickley hardly ever play and I have never even travelled through it to somewhere else let alone step foot in. Doesn't have
a railway station though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:24 pm 

Blade wrote:
blue stan wrote:

A good selection, Blue stan. Don't like Gainsborough, someone nicked my double Jack Daniels and coke in a pub there.
I haven't been to Tadcaster to watch football, seem to remember going fishing there though many years ago. Don't think I
caught anything. I wouldn't mind Maltby now they have turned The Queens into a Weatherspoons. Dinnington another team
Frickley hardly ever play and I have never even travelled through it to somewhere else let alone step foot in. Doesn't have
a railway station though

If you do play Dinnington there is a bus service from Sheffield to Dinnington. Also this service goes through Kiveton Park, so you could catch the train to Kiveton Park and catch the bus from there. I imagine it's about a 10-15 minute bus journey from Kiveton. Last time I went to Dinnington was in April for an U19's game, poured with rain!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:37 pm 

Or just go in a car eh FT !! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:41 pm 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:

:lol:

As you probably well knew the info was for Blade as I know he prefers to travel via public transport.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:42 pm 

Finchley Tiger wrote:
seanmarshallsshorts wrote:

:lol:

As you probably well knew the info was for Blade as I know he prefers to travel via public transport.

He even get's up to bed by public transport (rumour of course) :lol: :lol:

I have added a post on your forum, under Worksop's new squad :wink:

Last edited by seanmarshallsshorts on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:44 pm 

if you have never been through dinnington let alone been to it blade you aint missing owt,and they reckon elmsall is a dump,they should try a visit to dinno.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:48 pm 

Thanks for the information, Finchley Tiger, will write it down in my notebook. There a bus direct from Balby to Dinnington
via Maltby, but the train might be a better bet. I once had a very long and entertaining conversation with Dinnington's
manager when he was scouting at Hallam. A very likeable man, knows his football - likes tall players in his side in all areas
of the field.
Would if I could, SMS, train would be good. Been on two today, along with three buses and several trams.
Another one pub town I am told, Dinnington. Almost forgot, I got a lift in a car to the hospital early this morning, for
yet another blood test. Travelled to the majority of the matches I watched this season by car and all of Frickley's at
home toward the end of the season.
I see that Ferriby have already arranged seven friendlies, making Frickley look tortoise like in the arranging fixtures
department.

Last edited by Blade on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.