It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Rubbish
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:36 pm 

hope you dont mind an outside view on Frickley...

I've seen you play us 3 times this season and actually think your not a bad side, big, physical and rough. cant say i'm surprised at your poor discipline. The FA trophy game in October came at a time when (quote Frickley supporters) "We couldn't score if we played all day" and you were struggling to find the net. however, when we played at our place a few weeks back, You set out to frustrate and stop us playing, you did that well and fully deserved the point, as did Matlock last week (we've not dropped many points at home) However yesterday, while we were slow to get going, Frickley didnt turn up for whatever reasons.

Good luck for the remainder of the season, your certainly not a bad side.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:52 pm 

cheers for that benjymogg 8) yes it seems we never got out of neutral at all yesterday :evil: :oops:

hopefully were safe this season,but i'm not resting on my laurels just yet,some very important games to come, as it stands we have 3 of the bottom four to play yet,and if we dont show any desire like yesterday and lose we can be in the mire quite easily :?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:53 pm 

I will keep on saying until I am Blue in the face, a top 10 finish would be a good season for us, any season. When we finished 2nd it was a bit of a blip and a very welcome blip - but one swallow doesn't make a summer, so we need to keep it real (as most of us do) and realise that any year that we are not in a relegation dog fight is a good year.

If anyone wants to be in a glory hunt for pots, kn*b off to Old Trafford. Otherwise, keep the faith and accept we're going for mid table and Billy is a legend for achieving that on his resources.

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:05 pm 

me and many others up the lane take offence to anyone implying we are poorley run its time more so called supporters got up the lane and got there hands dirty not to mention give there time on a voluntary basis . the few that do bother give 110% to keep the club going its time a few more took a leaf out of there book and started to muck in a little bit more there is always plenty to do :evil: :evil: you lot out there dont realise the work that goes in .the club are holding tournaments up at the ground darts/ football tournaments etc all this generates money so get up there put your hands in you pockets and buy a drink or 2 the more money we get the better wages we can pay its not rocket science so instead of moaning how rubbish we are give a helping hand in anyway you can its that simple

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:10 pm 

thanks for your possitive comments we dont get that many on here :P you were right we did not turn up on saturday it was a awfull day at the office lets hope we are better on tuesday good luck to you too for the rest of the season
Benjymogg wrote:
hope you dont mind an outside view on Frickley...

I've seen you play us 3 times this season and actually think your not a bad side, big, physical and rough. cant say i'm surprised at your poor discipline. The FA trophy game in October came at a time when (quote Frickley supporters) "We couldn't score if we played all day" and you were struggling to find the net. however, when we played at our place a few weeks back, You set out to frustrate and stop us playing, you did that well and fully deserved the point, as did Matlock last week (we've not dropped many points at home) However yesterday, while we were slow to get going, Frickley didnt turn up for whatever reasons.

Good luck for the remainder of the season, your certainly not a bad side.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:58 pm 

Can i just reply to Mad Hatter. In the past i have gone on record as saying i for one think you lot who do the work up the lane do a great job and as i have said before if it was not for people like you us old timers would not have a ground to go to. I for one would like to thank you again for all the work you put in. I am sorry if i dident make my point clear enough about the professionalism comment and i am sorry if it offended you the workers. So let me explain what i mean. when you stand in the shed across from the main stand or near any goal area you can hear our manager Billy ( who i think all in all has done us a job) ranting his head off at the liner and ref the language he turns out is disgusting and if he was to shout and rant like that in the street he would be arrested, in years gone by he would have been told to cut the language today nothing appears to be said to him. I hate to think what its like in front of the main stand, for goodness sake we have young kids and women up the lane. How can we expect the players to keep their discipline when they hear Billy ranting his disgusting language from the side line. IMO I think this is very unprofessional for the club and under minds the hard work you and others do.I went to an away game this season and the liner turned to the home supporters (in my ear shot) and said something like, look at him (Billy) ranting and swearing, he said before the game he was a really nice man but look at him now. What can you say?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:47 pm 

I too think the volunteers do a marvellous job up at the lane and should be appreciated by all. Having watched the blues many years - IMO the last few years has seen a dramatic improvement in the professional way the club is run. I think you make a good point about the swearing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:30 pm 

Thanks Bluebeard.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:01 pm 

mad hatter wrote:
me and many others up the lane take offence to anyone implying we are poorley run its time more so called supporters got up the lane and got there hands dirty not to mention give there time on a voluntary basis . the few that do bother give 110% to keep the club going its time a few more took a leaf out of there book and started to muck in a little bit more there is always plenty to do :evil: :evil: you lot out there dont realise the work that goes in .the club are holding tournaments up at the ground darts/ football tournaments etc all this generates money so get up there put your hands in you pockets and buy a drink or 2 the more money we get the better wages we can pay its not rocket science so instead of moaning how rubbish we are give a helping hand in anyway you can its that simple
question to mad hatter so me as a supporter not buying a drink is bad i assume the club makes money out of the programmes which i buy the snack bar the half time draw it dont just end at the bar as you are implying i put my hand in my pocket that way