PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:51 pm 

frickley 1 buxton 0 danny clarke scored 34 minutes

Post subject: Re: buxton
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:41 pm 

frickley 1 buxton 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:29 pm 

whitey sent off for lashing out apparently :evil: :evil:

we have to stop these silly cards,and was it before or after they equalised ???? :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:33 pm 

[quote="forest blue"]whitey sent off for lashing out apparently :evil: :evil:

we have to stop these silly cards,and was it before or after they equalised ???? :cry frickley one said that i recall

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:48 pm 

thats 2 reds for whitey for the same offence this season,and now another player missing for three games when we need to consolidate to get some points and move away from the bottom :roll:
even more worrying is that gowan and brough have now left the club probably leaving us short for cover :?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:53 pm 

1 goal was never going to be enough. During the first half we were comfortably the better team. We could, and probably should have scored at least 2 more in that first period.

Whitey was sent off after they equalised - through a wicked deflection that took a (Adam had it covered) shot in off the post. Apparently Whitey was carded for stamping - now how he could do that on the floor with three Buxton players all kicking at him to get the ball after they'd bundled him over is beyond me... Even the Buxton player was walking thinking the card was for him...

Looking back a point or two dropped IMo - but 4 draws in the last 4 games (Plus a 1-0 loss in 85th minute at Hednesford) is encouraging form, if not brilliant. We're as hard as many teams to beat - just the scoring is a problem. I really don't know why - but for me Pelly isn't giving us enough quality up top. The midfield looked lightweght today, and without Groomy Danny Walsh is having to do much more hard graft. Davies still can't tackle for me. Playing in there he has to!

Another weekend gone, and only Whitby below us won - albeit against Matlock. They, along with Prescot and Leigh really look in trouble. As do Worksop.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:21 am 
Not sure I'd see it as two points dropped. Maybe after first half and how we dominated. But down to 10 men with 25 minutes left and playing uphill into a gale I was happy with the draw. Usual inept refereeing. How you can stamp on someone when you're face down the mud getting lumps kicked out of you by three people is beyond me.

On two occasions the ref booked their players (after countless talking to's) then bottled sending them off. Clarkey got targeted as they tried to kick him out of the game. I think Groomey would have evened things up :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:15 pm 

good point away from home,think we're up for the fight,bring on kendal :!: