It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Half price entry
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:55 pm 

Why are the club asking those supporters who have already paid once for the Kendal game to pay half price for the rearranged game? (according to this week's Express)The first match is null and void, shouldn't previous entrants get free entry on Tuesday evening?

Post subject: Re: Half price entry
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:29 pm 

bluerhino2 wrote:
Why are the club asking those supporters who have already paid once for the Kendal game to pay half price for the rearranged game? (according to this week's Express)The first match is null and void, shouldn't previous entrants get free entry on Tuesday evening?
according to the club it should be free when the game was abandoned it was put over the tannoy to keep your tickets as admission would be free i dont mind paying again but what the thing is dont say one thing and do another ami overstepping the mark in saying this

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:12 pm 

The re-arranged game against Kendal Town has to be played on League Cup tie terms, ie Frickley has to split gate takings with Kendal Town and also pay for Kendal's travelling costs. The Club have agreed with Kendal to allow half price admission to supporters who retained their tickets from the original game.

The announcement over the tannoy when the original game was abandoned stated to retain admission tickets for possible use when the game was replayed. It purpously didn't state that the retained tickets would allow free admission knowing that monies would need to be paid to Kendal Town and that Kendal would have to agree to any variation on normal admission prices.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:04 pm 
The first match was abandoned after 55 minutes. At half price entry for this match you're actually getting 10 minutes free :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:19 pm 

its a fair point really, some of us ( me especially) have no longer got my ticket :oops: but for those that did pay and the ones that will turn up that didnt, makes it a fair request :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:39 pm 

I'll stump up the entrance fee again but I know for a fact the guy on the tannoy did not advise us "to retain admission tickets for possible use when the game was replayed". He clearly indicated that entrance to the rearranged match would be free.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:34 pm 

Maybe if a match is abandoned in future we'll have to record the tannoy announcement! :roll:

Incidentally, I don't think Chris White thinks the first game was null and void - his booking from it still counts! :x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:32 pm 

Does anyone know if the same three officials are in charge of the re-match?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:42 pm 

No, all three officials are different.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:54 pm 

This decision is NOT THE CLUBS FINEST HOUR. The fact that the secretary has posted three times, of to-date nine posts, seems to be he is trying to justify the unustifiable. I do have my ticket, but WILL BE BOYCOTTING THIS MATCH on the principal I AM NOT PREPAIRED TO PAY AGAIN. So much for onwards and upwards?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:17 pm 
I really can't see what the problem is. The League have rules governing this situation. The Club is not allowed to let everyone free into this game. As Steve says, the gate receipts have to be split and Kendals travel paid. The Club is likely to lose money anyway even with half price entry.

Given the first match was abandoned after 55 minutes (not 10 or 20) I think it's fair enough to pay half price. As for the tannoy annoucement he certainly did not say it would be free.

As for Steve appearing to try and justify anything? He can't win. If no Club official commented there'd be some folk moaning about lack of communication :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:29 am 

bluerhino2 wrote:
I'll stump up the entrance fee again but I know for a fact the guy on the tannoy did not advise us "to retain admission tickets for possible use when the game was replayed". He clearly indicated that entrance to the rearranged match would be free.
i will second that but i still got my ticket i will spend my other money on the half time draw provided the club gets that money and not kendal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:31 pm 

A Watcher, stop being a total c*ck, Steve has come on here to tell everyone what's what - they are the League rules, if you don't like it contact them in writing.

If you want a club that tells you nothing or lies to you, get the next train to Bradford - Steve is Mr Frickley and he keeps it real, so back off.

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:26 pm 

true, i bet the wages still got paid for abandoned kendal game, £4 isnt a huge ask or is it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:07 am 

OK its half price,
If I had a season ticket, valid for the 21 Home League games, how would I be fixed for this 22nd Home league match. Should I also be expected to pay half price for this extra match ? or does the extra payment for the extra match discriminate against non seson ticket holders ?