It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: No money
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:36 am 

How come Ossett are doing so well at the moment i understood some to say on this fourm that the only way you can do anything in this league was if you had money to pay big wages. Ossett i understand are running on a shoe string so it shows it can be done without lots of money. Please explain.

Post subject: Re: No money
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:50 am 
Ossett implimented a wage cut last week. Let's see where they end up at the end of the season. Some players will stay out of loyalty, others will drift away as they get offers from other clubs.

Of course, who said Ossett have no money? A 40% wage cut sounds drastic, but 40% of what? May still be higher than other clubs.

The top 6 or 7 (bar NFU) are all rumoured to have the highest wage bills in the league.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:54 am 

Dont think Manchester have they are paying to much to Bury for the loan of their ground i understand.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:00 pm 
They pay around £8000 per match so I'm told.

They average 2000 per home game, plus extra merchandise. Probably take around £12000 per home game. That's more profit per game than most.

Speak to anyone involved in a club at this leel and try and tell them money makes no difference. You'll get very short shrift. That's not to say there's the odd exception but in the vast majority of cases it's true.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:11 pm 

As i have said before when we played Manchester up the lane i was told by one of their fans/board members (i think) that none of the players where on more than £150 per game if they played and most where only on £60 per game if they played, the reason given was that they had to pay so much for the loan of their ground for home games stewards ext. Now if i was been told lies sorry John i am telling you one but i had no reason to dis believe what he said but who knows.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:37 pm 
I'd be amazed if most of their players were only on £60 a game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:49 pm 

Me as well but thats what he said. Any how who would you put forward for Gordon Browns job from Frickley John have a go in my bit of fun lets see who we can come up with passed or present.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:25 pm 
I wouldn't wish Gordy's job on anyone.

On second thoughts, how about Mr Marrow? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:31 pm 

He wouldent last two mins before he upset every body but he is very good at jumping ship.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:43 pm 

i was told by someone very high up at Ossett Town that we pay out £100 grand a year in wages, i don't think we have any players on contract, so if we play say 50 games a year then we are talking about 2 grand a game. this was before the 40% cut last month, my mental arithmetic skills are non existent so i'll leave those new equations to you lot :mrgreen:

I'm not sure why we have done so well since the pay cut, may be our players realise the grass is not greener else where, with Guiseley, Harrogate Town and Farsley Celtic all cutting their wages and off loading players.

For the question of which past or present Frickley man could replace Gordon Brown, how about your former assistant manager and our former manager, Alistair Millar? he is a miserable Scot who is clueless with money and talks utter round danglies.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:28 pm 

I noticed Sheffield Club lowered their wage bill recently and their
better players moved on. With the credit crunch it could happen
at a lot more clubs and at a higher level too.