It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: SUNDAY LEAGUE DISCIPLINE.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:15 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Due to the very poor discipline and having to play with 10 men and sometimes having to play without our best players and the forwards failing to score, we are now only 6 points off the bottom.I think Billy / BOBBY are nice men, are very nice men, and are men who have helped to keep us up for the last 2 seasons, i still would like to feel / think they are the men for the job at Frickley and there is nothing i would love more than Billy / Bobby to build a team that will do us proud, but my doubts are sadly starting to grow and I DONT LIKE how i feel after last Sat, i have a lot of respect for the managment team and really want them to do well but i dont like to say this, is it time for a change? I know i have said time and time again that i think Billy / Bobby are the men for the job and we should not change the managers and i still would like to think they are but, the players IMO are letting Billy /Bobby down big time again, and now my doubts are there can Billy / Bobby take us any more forward or have they gone as far as they can go? Do we need another managment team to get us back in line and take us forward? PLEASE ALLAY MY DOUBTS AS IT DOE'S NOT FEEL GOOD.
my thoughts dont think a new management team will do when billy left and hancock took over we didnt do well so i cant see what diffrence that would make my thoughts i must impress i think some of these new signings should be given a run out what happened to jacko he still sidelined we not at the bottom are we

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:42 pm 

FFS, it wouldn't matter if we had the lovechild of Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho & Alex Ferguson managing the side, with the resources and crowds that we get we are, at best, aiming to be in the top half of the division (and I'm talking from 6 - 11 here, not top 5). Learn to accept that, and then you will get the true essence of being a Blues fan.

As Ronnie Barker once said in Porridge "It's all about little victories, us against them" - so we need to understand that finishing 10th and turning over the likes of FCUM & a couple of teams from the top 5 would be a good season.

Let's not forget that in the best year in our history we finished second in the Gola League, in todays money that would mean that we were nearly promoted to the Football League, within 2 years we had been relegated - so saying that we finished second in this League a few years ago, so that is where we should aim year on year cuts no ice.

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:16 pm 

[quote="Frickley 1"]Due to the very poor discipline and having to play with 10 men and sometimes having to play without our best players and the forwards failing to score, we are now only 6 points off the bottom.I think Billy / BOBBY are nice men, are very nice men, and are men who have helped to keep us up for the last 2 seasons, i still would like to feel / think they are the men for the job at Frickley and there is nothing i would love more than Billy / Bobby to build a team that will do us proud, but my doubts are sadly starting to grow and I DONT LIKE how i feel after last Sat, i have a lot of respect for the managment team and really want them to do well but i dont like to say this, is it time for a change? I know i have said time and time again that i think Billy / Bobby are the men for the job and we should not change the managers and i still would like to think they are but, the players IMO are letting Billy /Bobby down big time again, and now my doubts are there can Billy / Bobby take us any more forward or have they gone as far as they can go? Do we need another managment team to get us back in line and take us forward? PLEASE ALLAY MY DOUBTS AS IT DOE'S NOT FEEL GOOD.[ok frickley 1 if the players letting him down which players should go lets put mozza on the list what do you think

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:32 pm 

This is not the time to be talking about heads rolling - the team we have now is the one that were turning teams over a few weeks ago. There is obviously a confidence problem with the forwards together with the bad discipline problem - which Billy has to address. I reckon the sendings off in the last 3 games have cost us 6 points. Billy has assembled a good squad on the money he has and if we stay in the position we are now it has been a decent season.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:48 pm 

Dont think any players should go just get their finger out and do what they are paid to do, and do it in a sportsmanship way. I dont want Billy / Bobby to go just to stop the rot.But all i am saying is, is Billy / Bobby the men who can stop the rot? or is it beyond them? have they taken us as far as they can? which is a lot better than we have been for a few years bar the Marrow play off year.Can they stop the bad discipline? and get the lads scoring again and winning? as i have said i hope they can because they are great people but i have my doubts after the way we have picked up so many cards over the last 4 or 5 games and are not scoring any goals and i dont like the way i feel as the last thing we need is having to find a new manager.Many times Billy shouts at the players to do this or that and some just do what they want. WHY?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:11 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Dont think any players should go just get their finger out and do what they are paid to do, and do it in a sportsmanship way. I dont want Billy / Bobby to go just to stop the rot.But all i am saying is, is Billy / Bobby the men who can stop the rot? or is it beyond them? have they taken us as far as they can? which is a lot better than we have been for a few years bar the Marrow play off year.Can they stop the bad discipline? and get the lads scoring again and winning? as i have said i hope they can because they are great people but i have my doubts after the way we have picked up so many cards over the last 4 or 5 games and are not scoring any goals and i dont like the way i feel as the last thing we need is having to find a new manager.Many times Billy shouts at the players to do this or that and some just do what they want. WHY?
what does he do then if they doing what they want? how long can this carry on till we all get fed up and keep our money in our pockets it could be time to tighten the belt up and save a few quid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:20 pm 

If i knew that i would be the manager. A job i dont want at any price. I think its down to man managment lets hope Billy / Bobby has it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:52 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
If i knew that i would be the manager. A job i dont want at any price. I think its down to man managment lets hope Billy / Bobby has it.
ok lets see but how long can we keeep watching you hear people moaning on the terraces about it

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:00 pm 

frickley1 you constant comment and overcomment lends no positivity to the club at all. In fact in my humble opinion most of what you say is simply over emphasised drivel. Perhaps as a fellow "supporter" you would do well to "support" and less of the negativity. Your either dismayed at our lack of promotion chances yet complain when the lads show the spirit required to compete in the division (and sometimes a little too much spirit) and then you question the manager. The phrase "shirt stirrer" sounds apt. If you have so many issues with the club why dont you go and "support" another club which would appear to suit your views and misguided rhetoric.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:50 pm 

Pitdust I am sorry to say IMO you just stick your head in the sand and anyone who does not go along with your narrow views of things you mostly insult.You sound as if you just come up with the same old rubbish ever time you post on this site, ie your not a real fan or you need to get behind the lads and stop moaning or bad language or you are a trouble maker. you will never debate any views with a constructive argument only all the above, so as a result this is the last time i am going to answer any of YOUR YOUR rubbish postings as its a waste of time trying to GET YOU TO THINK about anything to do with Frickley and i would suggest other more construtive posters than yourself do the same. IMO you are out of touch mate with what the real fans think at Frickley. And i for one will not waste any more of my time trying to have a sensible debate with you as IMO you are unable to have a sensible constructive debate.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:26 pm 

how can you say im out of touch with the real fans of frickley when im exactly that, a real fan of frickley......... :roll: for me you can stop wasting your time and take your caps lock key home with you. everyone wants to see a successful team and a well disciplined one but in reality its not always possible, as there is no such thing as a perfect team, you take the rough with the smooth. get behind the lads and encourage, they want and need your support.......

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:44 am 

No comment, I rest my case.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:17 pm 

Frickley 1, a couple of posts ago you claimed that Pitdust just insults people who dont go along with his narrow views. I'd just like to say that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Your views are your views but through this whole thread you've made it clear yours are RIGHT and everyone elses are WRONG. If you want debate mate you can have it but I'd just like to say that its a knife that cuts both ways, accept it or shut up PLEASE.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:05 pm 

No not ever one else are wrong just some IMO.Because some agree with me ( Frickley new supporter, forest blue, marron04, frickley (partly), woodbine (partly), bluebeard.) so if i am wrong you are saying they must be as well.TRY AGAIN my friend, but before you post next time take the time to read CAREFULLY some of what the other posters have said then you dont get your facts wrong AGAIN and read my postings again CAREFULLY (ie. i think everyone else is wrong ) i dont and some dont think i am wrong either.Your last posting looks like to me as if you have posted before you have read what the other fans postings have said not a good idea.By the way dont think for one momment that by saying i should shut up or as one once said, my mate pitdust go and support someone else, that i will. i have been a fan at Frickley longer than some who post on this fourm a lot longer than most and i am here to stay and i bet your glad really because my views along with others keep this fourm alive. You say i can have debate, what kind of debat is it when all thats said is take the bad times and the good, go and watch some one else your a trouble maker, i think the real reason some post in such a way is because they have no real answers to what i and others say and as someone once said a while ago the reason people get upset with Frickley 1 is because what you say they know is right (NO I DIDEN'T SAY IT SOMEONE ELSE DID) as i have said in the passed when you start with insults and trying to get fans to stop posting and go and watch another club IMO you have nothing to say or debate. Happy posting lads.PS just for a change seeing as you say we can have debate, what do you think is the answer to the present problems we are in? how would you solve the run of lost games and the bookings? you say you can debate lets hear your views on what needs to be done and how you would achieve it.I wait with bated breath.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:47 pm 

Insults? I don't think I posted any insult, but I bow to your obvious superiority (that last bit is actually not true).
I'd love to read your postings at length but unfortunatley I only have a few free hours in a day and I honestly prefer to read structured reasoned paragraphs rather than great slabs of words with the occasional full stop stuffed in them.
On the positive side I love to see an active forum, just a pity more of what you write isnt sensible (my humble opinion not an insult).
Regarding an answer to the current issues on the pitch, I believe we employ a manager and an assistant, I think that whilst they are employed to run the football side of things they should be left to do that. The Chairman if he sees fit may express an opinion if he wants to steer them in a particular direction (ie do something about our obvious disciplinary issues).
Do I have a suggestion on how to solve the discipline problem? easy, make Danny Walsh captain and fine anyone that doesnt follow his work ethic. The guy tackles cleanly, doesnt argue and just gets on with the job he's paid for.
ps hope you didnt hold your breath too long, wouldnt want anything nasty to happen to you :D