It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: SUNDAY LEAGUE DISCIPLINE.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:32 pm 

Mozza, mouthing, result another booking.
White, mouthing, result another booking.
Hilts, stupid side kick, result another booking.
Groom, stupid tackle, result sent off, 3 match ban and any chance of wining the game gone.
Its like watching Sunday league discipline.
And before you all blame the ref i ask the question again why do YOU think the refs are against us. In my opinion we bring it on ourselfs. The discipline at our club is PATHETIC. I bet if we all had to put our hands in our pockets at the end of the season to pay the certain FA fine thats coming our way then we wouldent blame the ref but blame the players.I rest my case.

Last edited by Frickley 1 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: SUNDAY LEAGUE DISCIPLINE.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:39 pm 

[quote="Frickley 1"]Mozza, mouthing, result another booking.
White, mouthing, result another booking.
Hilts, stupid side kick, result another booking.
Groom, stupid tackle, result sent off, 3 match ban and any chance of wining the game gone.
Its like watching Sunday league discipline.
And before you all blame the ref i ask the question again why do YOU think the refs are against us. In my opinion we bring it on ourselfs. The discipline at our club is PATHETIC. I bet if we all had to put our hands in our pockets at the end of the season to pay the certain FA fine thats coming our way then we wouldent blame the ref but blame the players.I rest my case.wasnt going to comment agree with you on some points dont agree with groomys tackle though intersting i heard a conversation today that someone said that he knows a referee who knows todays ref and this ref said im going to frickley with my cards ready maybe he made his mind up i dont think its sunday league discipline i think we battled well today well done blues

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:57 pm 

Good to have you back on the fourm, 3 of the bookings today where deserved IMO so thats not a case of the refs hating us or coming with cards ready to book us, Groom was just a stupid tackle and as a result stoped us from wining, just like the other recent sendings off stopped us from wining. Its costing us too dear and needs stopping.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Witton Won today.
Matlock Won today.
Buxton Won today.
Boston Won today.
Frickley maybe could have won if we had not been playing with 10 men.
Prescot Draw today.
Not many points separate us now from the bottom four.

Last edited by Frickley 1 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:08 pm 

billy seems to be working hard on the discipline side of things i was stating what i heard great game we battled hard once again well done blues yer i agree we could have won it with a full compliment of men

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:14 pm 

Billys working hard at the discipline, How do you come to that i think we have had 16 bookings in the last four games or so and 4 sendings off.I wish he would work a bit harder.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:38 pm 

i agree with most of what you have sid, but as in my previous posts i state that the ref brings most of it on themselves !!

we deserved all the bookings we got today, but he seemed a little lax at booking their players for persistent fouling from the no.3,4,6,9. when mozz got booked some 5 mins after the event,no3 jumped straight into him and wasnt looking at the ball at all, what happened ??just a talking too from the ref :evil:

it really f***ks me off when the refs are so two sided, we did well today in getting a point after playing so long with ten men,maybe we could have won if it had stayed at 11 apiece.frustration get to everyone eventually,thats what happened with whitey due to poor officiating :evil:

honestly,did you think he was a good and fair ref today ??? i dont :x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:48 pm 

Its frickleys discipline that is obviously the problem gents, forget the ref not booking the opponents, frickley shouldnt stop there battling attribute merely stop the needless and senseless daft tackles.
JUst an opinion hope you dont mind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:52 pm 

dont mind at all, but just a point to make is that the indiscipline is coming from frustration due imo to bad reffing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:03 pm 

Where to start, where to start...

Frickley 1 - did you think their player jumped in with two feet also at Groomy? Most other people did, including several of their players/management team in the bar after the game... now I'm not saying Groomy didn't deserve to go - but should their player have had a card - of either colour...???

Mozza - by all accounts he simply said to the referee - no swearing - how come you've booked me for this when one of their players has done the same several times? Referee said "I'm gonna shut you up once and for all" - here's a yellow...

Whitey - even the liner said he wouldn't have booked him 'cos he didn't swear/wasnt abusive...

Hilts - first tackle all the game - on the half way line?? Yellow? eh?

Late on, Whitey got a free kick - ref clearly indicated their player had pulled/held his shirt. That is a mandatory yellow in case you didn't know. Funny thing was, their player was the only player he'd booked - so not even a talking to. What do you say about that?

Yes, we get stupid yellows. Yes, we get daft reds. But do you honestly think that refs are fair with us? If you do, IMo you're blind as a bat. That is why the players get frustrated. All you seem to do is come on here and slag the players off for the slightest thing. But, the refs seem to hate us and its all our own fault?? Maybe if they were fair and honest - with both teams - it wouldn't be like that. I go back to my earlier point made a few days ago... its a viscious circle - and who knows how we get out of it.

We were the only team to have a shot on target today. I still think Ticker should play, but I aren't the gaffer... Most worrying stat of all - still no goals... the front-two pairing isn't working. We shouldn't be persisting with it - again, IMO.

Another new ground next week, against team in decent form... we need goals!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:23 pm 

forest blue wrote:
i agree with most of what you have sid, but as in my previous posts i state that the ref brings most of it on themselves !!

we deserved all the bookings we got today, but he seemed a little lax at booking their players for persistent fouling from the no.3,4,6,9. when mozz got booked some 5 mins after the event,no3 jumped straight into him and wasnt looking at the ball at all, what happened ??just a talking too from the ref :evil:

it really f***ks me off when the refs are so two sided, we did well today in getting a point after playing so long with ten men,maybe we could have won if it had stayed at 11 apiece.frustration get to everyone eventually,thats what happened with whitey due to poor officiating :evil:

honestly,did you think he was a good and fair ref today ??? i dont :x
no he wasnt a fair ref like i said earlier we did well today they probably thought they were going to win to blues did well today was pleased with the dertimnation of steve heath in fact all the team battled well

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:35 pm 

The ref was definitely poor today and clearly made a mistake with the sending off - both players went in 2 footed with studs raised and if he considered that to be a sending off offence then both had to go. Lee Morris was booked for dissent, but I'm sure it's hard to keep your self control in the face of such incompetence on the part of the officials. Moments earlier the ref gave them a throw when it was clearly a Frickley throw in and the frustration begins to mount... I'm not condoning it and the players have cetainly got to learn to bite their tongues, but I can understand how they must feel, as it seems that every match I go to they are on the wrong end of some poor refereeing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:38 pm 

Drab game spoilt by a poor referee. I thought Groomy had to go for an over the top two footer but their nine should also have gone - or at least yellow, the same number 9 who kicked the ball away on at least 3 occasions and eventually got booked late on. Referee was not fair to both teams booking Frickley players at every opportunity. That said - Billy has got to get some discipline into the team, yellow cards for dissent are a no brainer. Well done to the 10 today, battled for 75 minutes for a deserved point against a top 3 side.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:21 pm 

Frickley. Yes the player should have got a card but mozza has only just come back after suspension for picking up 5 yellows, now he has started again first game back 1 yellow mozza must have a lot of frustration.Whitey has also had a suspension and he has started again with another yellow.Not sure if Hilts has had a suspension this season or not but he got another card today.Even Billy was spoken to today twice i understand by the ref for mouthing by the look of it from where i was stood maybe someone nearer could confirm thats what the ref was speaking to Billy about. He could have been sent off.What the hell is going on if we carry on like this we will not have any players to play and old men like me will be asked to get our boots on.We all know the refs are rubbish but we also know that we are rubbing them up the wrong way so let keep our mouths shut and as Billy said in the express stand up and think befor we go into a tackle.Even the teams we are playing know what to do when they play Frickley just roll about a bit and fall down a lot and the ref will book/send off our players. Sadly our players aren't clever enough or good enough as players to read what is going on and keep falling for it week after week. If we dont sort it out there is only one loser and thats Frickley FC. How frustrating is that?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:57 am 

Yes he spoke to Billy about mouthing, he was complaining about some of the decisions that were going aginst us. You're right Frickley 1, our players have got to wise up, other teams know how to play Frickley now - wind us up for a while and somebody will walk. A good hard earned point yesterday but another two points wasted because of lack of discipline - how many more reds.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm 

Due to the very poor discipline and having to play with 10 men and sometimes having to play without our best players and the forwards failing to score, we are now only 6 points off the bottom.I think Billy / BOBBY are nice men, are very nice men, and are men who have helped to keep us up for the last 2 seasons, i still would like to feel / think they are the men for the job at Frickley and there is nothing i would love more than Billy / Bobby to build a team that will do us proud, but my doubts are sadly starting to grow and I DONT LIKE how i feel after last Sat, i have a lot of respect for the managment team and really want them to do well but i dont like to say this, is it time for a change? I know i have said time and time again that i think Billy / Bobby are the men for the job and we should not change the managers and i still would like to think they are but, the players IMO are letting Billy /Bobby down big time again, and now my doubts are there can Billy / Bobby take us any more forward or have they gone as far as they can go? Do we need another managment team to get us back in line and take us forward? PLEASE ALLAY MY DOUBTS AS IT DOE'S NOT FEEL GOOD.