No referees ...........no football.

By the way Frickley and Frickley 1 thanks for your Honesty

I love Paul Lovely

Post subject: Re: Refereeing
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:14 pm 

Thats what i try to be HONEST.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:00 pm 

consistency is the big word !! this is what starts the abuse aimed at refs because they don't show any :evil: just answer this question, how many challenges have you seen on a frickley player that have warrented a red ?? and how many have actually got one, not many!!

i personally think that some refs just dont like us :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:22 am 

Answer my question. Why do YOU YOU think the refs hate us. WHY. I think on this occasion FIZ has got it spot on right, the refs dont get the same amount of abuse / aggression at MOST other grounds like they get at Frickley in fact i am amazed some refs have not put in a report to the FA. So why do you think IN YOUR WORDS the refs hate us? Is Fiz right? Answer my question if you can. Lets be honest if all you get is abuse / aggression wouldent you hit back? Thats is what the refs are doing in my IMO and the bookings are costing us big time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:06 pm 

Is it not more a question of how we get out of a viscious circle? Referees don't like us - made poor decisions - fans and players get on to ref - ref makes poor decision. And so on. Take the Cammel Laird equalizer this season. Offside last kick. That wasn't a mistake. It was god-awful. Fans and players go beserk. Shouldn't they have? Did ref and linesman get it so wrong because they don't like us? Or was it a mistake? Bad one if it was. But you're saying that cos people went mad at them were more likely to get bad decisions from them in future.

Great debate. As for the answers. Who knows. You can't expect players and fans to take such shocking decisions without a whimper. If that leads tu being a marked team. What can you do?

Hopefully I'm making my point! Not meant to me arguementative!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:16 pm 

Yes i can see where you are coming from but at Frickley the players and fans dont just go mad at realiy bad dicisions they go mad at every dicision and the ref is a right so and so.We have got ourselfs into a position where the fans and players feel they have to be as aggressive as they can get away with at every decision the ref makes., Sadly some dont know where to stop. Maybe its a bit of showing off to mates or beer talking. The board need to get Billy in and tell him this has got to stop IMO and set an example befor we end up with more bookings / suspensions. Where has the sportsmanship gone at Frickley? Again i say its costing us big time.AND AGAIN I ASK WHY DO YOU THINK THE REFS HATE US? or will you not admite its of our own making.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:17 am 

maybe it is of our own making, but if they weren't so bad then they wouldn't get the flack they get thrown at them. i for one have a go at the refs sometimes when they dont do the job they get PAID for :evil: if you were manure at your job how long would it be before you bit the bullet ?? but the refs get away with because the fa are weak in their control of the officials who forget we want to watch football, not some prima donna blowing his whistle :x a good ref for me is one who is heard but not seen :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:27 am 

forest blue wrote:
maybe it is of our own making, but if they weren't so bad then they wouldn't get the flack they get thrown at them. i for one have a go at the refs sometimes when they dont do the job they get PAID for :evil: if you were manure at your job how long would it be before you bit the bullet ?? but the refs get away with because the fa are weak in their control of the officials who forget we want to watch football, not some prima donna blowing his whistle :x a good ref for me is one who is heard but not seen :D

Forest Blue, if a referee was to have a punishment every time they got something wrong, then every referee would have one every time they refereed a game.

Then that would mean that they would be no referees left at all.

I love Paul Lovely

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:37 pm 

Thanks Forest Blue for your honesty (ie maybe it our own making) you are the only one to answer my question and in my view your spot on, a lot is our own making. Sportsmanship is the answer both be fans and player.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:15 am 

rory dove wrote:
forest blue wrote:

Forest Blue, if a referee was to have a punishment every time they got something wrong, then every referee would have one every time they refereed a game.

Then that would mean that they would be no referees left at all.

i except they will get things wrong, its when they blatently let things go for the others but book our players for nothing at times!! like i said consistency,as long as his/hers rulings work for both sides i'm happy.
Frickley 1 wrote:
Thanks Forest Blue for your honesty (ie maybe it our own making) you are the only one to answer my question and in my view your spot on, a lot is our own making. Sportsmanship is the answer both be fans and player.

i think this could also work for the refs as well :twisted: