It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Refereeing
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:53 am 

For all you people that come on here week in and week out that slates the referees and say that they're S***, i would like to say this.

If you think that you can do any better they take up the referee's course itself and see if you can do any better.

I love Paul Lovely

Post subject: Re: Refereeing
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:36 pm 

well said rory but what you have forgoten is your on the frickley website.
they say everyone hates us, the refs hate us, its the refs that swear, punch, scratch etc not our players, its all the refs fault.

What frickley need to remember is that we DONT all hate them i wont them to stay up, but they dont do themselves any favours bleating on about how badly done to they are. Try to make yourselves a bit more popular it wont happen overnight but get the ref on your side he dosnt want to be called all names under the sun and critisised for every decision.

Come on lads give it a go. If 1/2 ya team is suspended your not gunna stay up.

Anyway i've heard that your trying to sign 2 chinese internationals
wun wun once and how lon sin :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:54 pm 

At last some sense is spoken keep it coming. Well said Fiz (For once) MOST of what you have said is spot on.The excuses must stop and the football and sportsmanship must start.

Last edited by Frickley 1 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:56 pm 

what you are singin those internationals :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:15 pm 
All we ask for is consistency.

On Saturday as the main report states the sending off of Gown, was harsh (that’s kind) for what was his only second foul of the match and which was more clumsy than having any intent. Price was booked for a collision with a Hednesford player going for a 50/50. The Hednesford player then threw Price to the ground and was not even spoken to. Davis was clearly kicked off the ball, and the referee appeared to choose to ignore this when it very well positioned to see it.

I am not saying that we would have taken a point from Saturday, but it did make a difference playing with 10 men.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:03 pm 

but youve got a reputation which dosnt help you.
try changing it instead of bleating we all see things differently we all think our players dont make bad tackles on purpose and when they get booked they shouldnt.
The facts are there countless bookings and sendings off the ref cant have got them all wrong.

in the ossett game this season robbo had been booked then 5 mins later he grabbed danny davidsons balls at a throwin just muckin about but if the ref had seen it he could have been booked again and sent off.Stupid things like that dont help your cause.

cut the refs some slack we all know they get things wrong some more than others but by barracking them constantley it dosent take much for them to bite back with sloppy bookins and sendings off

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:13 pm 

Could not agree more Fiz. But will they take any notice? Maybe when its to late. Maybe not.Thanks for your postings.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:24 pm 

if you lot have finished your little "love in" I'd just like to say what a lot of BALLS.
simply put, all the average fan wants to see from a referee is CONSISTENCY, and believe me we are not getting any!!
If Mozz, Whitey and Pricey in the last 3 games can get booked for being hit what does that tell you? Is that the players fault?
I come on here regularily (or so it feels) and despair at the standard of refereeing, I'm rapidly approaching the situation where I wonder if it is the standard thats wrong or are you simply marked man if you wear a blue shirt?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:49 am 

probably both !!! fair enough if our players get booked for mouthing off at the officials, with not going to see the hednesford game but seeing all the rest recently,the refs hav been poor and a little one-sided if you ask me :x

in general the refs are sh*t in this league, there is one or two decent ones also but as an whole they deserve no respect from the fans !! on reading the fair play table we have 39 yellow and 3 red against us so far without sat'days cards on the list,how many of those have we picked up in the last 3/4 games ?? i bet a lot were down to poor petulant reffing :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:57 am 

Can someone please explain why we are marked men by the refs?Why do you think the refs pick on Frickley players?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:05 am 

you just dont get it do you
your disciplinary record goes before you refs know that for 90 mins they're going to get ear ache, every decission will be questioned, you'll be called a cheat, and your parentage brought into question.

sooner or later they find the slightest opportunity to get one back and either book or send off your player rightly or wrongly.
respect goes both ways.
i dont buy into the FA's respect campaign cos i think football is corrupt from the top down.
i also think that refereeing is poor from the top down but we cant play without them so you have to do your best to get them on your side.

a few words of wisdom from ya friendly fiz.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:44 am 

Fiz I do get it, because i agree one hundred % with what you say. But there are some on this fourm who dont or wont understand why the refs book our players and i want to try and find out why they think the refs keep booking our player or pick on our player as they think, because all we get on this fourm is the refs hate Frickley but nobody ever says why we get so many bookings. IMO i think its down to poor team discipline and this attitude of having a go all the time at the ref, you have got it spot on Fiz. when we pick up 40+ bookings and 4+ sendings off and only half way through the season something is wrong and its costing us and will cost us big time IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:19 am 

The fact that people come on here and say that all referees and crap isn't really the point.

However i ask all you people now, and i would like a trueful answer plz.

Could any of you referee a game of football,11-a-side and not make one mistake?

I love Paul Lovely

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:11 pm 

No i couldn't for one.And dont want to try to.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:37 pm 

It isn't about mistakes for me. We're all human and they happen. So to answer your question; no I couldn't.

It is simply about consistency. Nothing else. It is a tough job. For sure. Footy refs could learn a lot from their rugby counterparts. At least you can talk to them!