It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: result
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:53 pm 

1-0 to hednesford :cry:
down to 10 men again, no.2 sent off whoever was in that shirt :evil:

Post subject: Re: result
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:29 pm 

Last four matches...no goals. 1 point. Teams below are catching up after todays results.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:09 pm 

No goals in the last FOUR games. One point out of the last TWELVE. FOURTEENTH in the league.Only a few points off RELEGATION. DISCIPLINE on the pitch RUBBISH and Billy says DONT PANIC. But I suppose the ref was rubbish and the pitch was bad and their players where cheats the tea bar was to expensive car parking was hopeless the home supporters hate Frickley and Frickley one is a so and so for saying i told you so.HOW SAD IS THAT ?????????

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:20 pm 

fan of 50 years my bottom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:21 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
No goals in the last FOUR games. One point out of the last TWELVE. FOURTEENTH in the league.Only a few points off RELEGATION. DISCIPLINE on the pitch RUBBISH and Billy says DONT PANIC. But I suppose the ref was rubbish and the pitch was bad and their players where cheats the tea bar was to expensive car parking was hopeless the home supporters hate Frickley and Frickley one is a so and so for saying i told you so.HOW SAD IS THAT ?????????
:lol: its a game of football thats all

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:32 pm 

I'd written loads down - then the PC got a wobble on... have to try and remember what i wrote now!

Anyhow - the lack of goals is a worry - we need to fix that PDQ. However, Frickley1 - you would have a different opinion if you'd gone to the game...

Many people would say that anything above the bottom 4 is progress for us. What makes you think that with gates of 250 and a bar that only opens on match-days we should be challenging for the top 6? Honestly, it is frustrating - everyone feels that - but anyone thinking we should be up there challenging is deluded. Most clubs pay at least twice what we do, and those at the top 3, 4 or 5 times what we do. That is harsh reality.

0-0 would have been fair today IMO. They were big, strong and in their No. 4 have a centre-half of real quality. We tested their keeper a number of times, whereas Adam had little to do in terms of direct shot-stopping/saves.

I'm sure i said much more in first post - but to finish off; the referee was CRAP, and IMO a CHEAT. The parking was OK, the bovril spot-on. Bar - damn well expensive!

I'm sure the official match report when posted will give a similar match summary also.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:45 pm 
Lots of commitment against a decent team who are not top of the league by chance. Battled well and only conceeded to a very late header from a corner when down to 10 men.

Referee was genuinely poor and booked 4 Frickley players and sent off Gowen in a match that was compeditive but never really dirty (For the record booked one of the home team and chose to ignore other offences particularly Davis being kicked off the ball which happened some five yards from where he stood). Gowen appeared really upset, for what was clearly a foul but very questionable whether it deserved a card. Still as I say poor referee IMHO.

No complaints about the car park (although they do charge) tea bar was fine and a decent set of fans!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:00 pm 

Well done Pitdust usual daft comment again, keep it up mate thats why we love you so much. Four bookings and a sending off GREAT that means more weakened teams in the future when the suspensions kick in and an FA fine at the end of the season.O why do the refs hate us so much? Why does the ball just keep going wide? why does the keeper keep saving our shots? You can sum it up in one word EXCUSES, no 3 words. SAME OLD EXCUSES.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:25 pm 

About time you woke up and smelt the coffee frickley 1.

its strange how several people come on here with similar views but yet you think your so well qualified to dismiss them even though you DIDNT go to the game!!

if you really care about the club as much as you claim (or at least have done when things have been going well) then maybe you ought to think again about slagging everything as rubbish which may well put people off from going to matches which equals less money into the club which equals less money for players.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:31 pm 

Captaincaveman thats just what i have done, had a smell of the coffee. Let me say i do think that Billy and Bobby and this board are the best people for the club at this present time but i am sick of the same people coming onto this fourm week after week with the same old worn out excusses. ie ref bad pitch home supporters the other team and refs are cheats. Billy tells it as it is when the player dont give their best he says so that why i think he is the man for the job and at present the players are not giving their best results speak for themselfs, or they are not up to this standard it not wrong to say that is it?. If i say the same as Billy often says you say i am not a real supporter. If anyone dares to criticise any thing to do with the team they get the same old rubbish and insults just have a look at how Frickley new supporter got hammered last week for saying it was a poor show that the called off game was not put on the fourm. you would think he had commited treason.When i said that the discipline needed to be put in order on the pitch someone said he dident mind players getting booked as long as its not for mouthing what a stupid thing to say because as a result of 3 players been out we sound as if we lost the game on Sat.I think we have had about 12 bookings in 3 games and 3 sendings off but sorry i forgot it was the refs fault. Someone said in a past posting if we finish any where above fourth bottom that would be a good season for us and you say that not rubbish talk. Get real lads stop sticking your heads in the sand SMELL THE COFFEE. When we are doing the job praise the lads and manager and board but when we are not then tell it as it is Billy does.I can never understand how when you go to a bad game that we lose you hear people all over the ground shouting rubbish or as i heared at a resent match by someone pack your bags Heathy. But come on the web site fourm and dare to say anything about the team or club and you get insulted. Seams to me that people say one thing at the match but will not say it on the forum or maybe they dont have a computer or are afraid of repercussions (as has been said to me) but if you carnt have your say on an open fourm its time to pack it in.Come on lets have some new forum members and lets hear what true supporters have to say. Lets have people who can put out a constructive argument instead off bad language and insults and even if we dont agree respect their views with out the rubbish some (PLEASE NOTE SOME) on this site come out with.Who is it who realiy needs to smell the coffee i wonder.

Last edited by Frickley 1 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:51 pm 

[quote="Frickley 1"]Captaincaveman thats just what i have done had a smell of the coffee. Let me say i do think that Billy and Bobby and this board are the best people for the club at this present time but i am sick of the same people coming onto this fourm week after week with the same old worn out excusses ie ref bad pitch home supporters the other team and refs are cheats. Billy tells it as it is when the player dont give their best he says so that why i think he is the man for the job and at present the players are not giveing their best results speak for themselfs or are not up to this standard it not wrong to say that is it?. If i say the same as Billy often says you say i am not a real supporter. If anyone dares to criticise any think to do with the team they get the same old rubbish and insults just have a look at how Frickley new supporter got hammered last week for saying it was a poor show that the called off game was not put on the fourm. you would think he had commited treason.When i said that the discipline needed to be put in order on the pitch someone said he dident mind players getting booked as long as its not for mouthing what a stupid thing to say because as a result of 3 players been out we sound as if we lost the game on Sat.I think we have had 12 bookings in 3 games and 3 sendings off but sorry i forgot it was the refs fault. get real lads stop sticking your heads in the sand SMELL THE COFFEE[/i agree with what you are saying frickley1 it appears as though you are not allowed to voice opinions on here in case its not to there liking i made that comment last week about it being called off its the last time i shall make a comment all the best frickley1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:18 pm 

Billy does not blame referees, the pitch or anything else. Up to Christmas we were going well and would have expected to get 6 or 7 points. In the league only 4 clubs have let in fewer goals than Frickley, but only 2 teams have scored fewer goals. We have drawn more than games than any of the others apart from Matlock. Somehow we need more goals from players other than Lee Morris. What the answer is I don't know but all is not lost. on the discipline front the players will have to learn that the referee is right (even if he is wrong) don't argue with him, accept the decision and concentrate on putting the ball in the opponents net. It is hard to take some decisions from many of the officials we have had this season. The players are capable of better as they have shown earlier. The remainder of the season starts on Saturday

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:19 pm 

we lost 1-0 to top of the league........ reality check needed perhaps mr frickley1 or should that be master!!!

the build up of suspensions and fines is not good and we all know that, BUT, if they are been earnt through the lads been competitive, assertive and showing a lot of round danglies against teams who are been paid far in excess of what our lads get, then to me, it can be understood or justified. on the flipside bookins through mouthing or silly niggly fouls are avoidable and not acceptable but i would imagine like most clubs there is a discipline procedure.

we have seen some horrendous officials at the lane this year which cannot be argued with., and yes the ossett and worksop games were dissapointing. Perhaps, yesterday and I didnt go to the game at Hednesford; that battling performance as it is been put would have resulted in a victory against a fair few other sides.

frickley new supporter pointed out that the game been called off was not on the WEBSITE however, it was on the FORUM pretty much as soon as the game was postponed. as far as im aware there are numbers for people at the club on the said website, which i use should i be unsure of a game been on or off, perhaps if you were not sure, perhaps that could be an option. The fact is the club is frickley athletic and not a full time operation thus dont expect a full time service from the club, plus, the website guy mr pennock who every frickley fan (I thought) knew puts his heart and soul into the club, surely can be excused the luxury of having to work for a living?

you dont help yourself frickley1 because you are up and down more times than the cage in a shaft, just relax a little and stop inviting conflict!!

up the blues...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:13 am 

Pitdust every time you put a posting on this fourm you prove my case ( THANKS MATE ) and you have done it again with your bad language and skits and you want us to take you serious. No way.Well done you have stopped Frickley new supporter from posting any more on the fourm as he has had enough.Thanks for your last posting Frickley new supporter. At last another voice of reason who agrees with what i said in my last posting and i know there are many more Frickley fans out there who also agree, so as i said in my last posting lets hear your views join the forum air you views and dont worry about the insults (I DONT) lets have some serious constructive debates about the club we love, speak you mind our manager Billy does. Look forward to reading your postings. PS Frickley new supporter i hope you change your mind.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE.Someone once said, and i just pass it on for your amusement, (Let people think you are daft, dont open your mouth and prove them right)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:26 am 

Frickley said in one of his postings that anyone who thort that we could compete with the top clubs where deluding themselfs because we dont have the money other clubs have and as a result we can not pay higher wages.When Mr Marrow was our manager we had no money maybe less than we have now but dident we end up in the play offs. Money is not the be all in making a good team getting the best out of players and getting the team to play together as a team worked then and would today and is still working for Marrow at Stocksbridge just have a look at the Unibond South Div 1. Now dont run away with the idea that i am a fan of Mr Marrow because I AM NOT the way he left the club (TWICE) and took our players to Grantham was disgraceful IMO but he did build a good team that gave us our best season for years a play off place. And he did it on a very limited wage bill/ budget.And we had one of the best player when he was manager at the club that we have had for years Woolford. It just shows it can be done with out big money.So in IMO we cannot use the money excuse because Marrow proved it can be done without lots of money.