It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ossett vr Frickley
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:22 pm 

Billy/Bobby/Players today we where rubbish we dident compete, half hearted, we need some player fast if we are going to do anything in this leauge. To lose like that to a team like Ossett is an embarrassment to Frickley.One point from Boston no points from Ossett. We need some players in fast who can beat the likes of Ossett and Boston.If we dont get a win from the new years day game, the Christmas games will have been a disaster.Also far too many bookings for me today again, where is our discipline? We have no excuses today we where just very average / poor. Please dont come on here saying the ref was to blame even if he was poor thats no excuse for the performance today.

Post subject: Re: Ossett vr Frickley
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:44 pm 

Glad to see you keeping a level head about things.
OK today was basically crap. However its the first game in about 8 or so, eveyone is entitled to put in a poor performance now and again. Get some perspective man, hardly anyone has had a bad game in over a month.
Back to what we know and do best, compete for the ball, the bad news though is every time we have done it in the last 2 games the jokers in black have been brandishing yellow cards. Amazing how if you're wearing blue you get booked and if its not you dont get spoken to.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:57 pm 
The usual measured response from Frickley1. Does the "1" relate to the number of brain cells he has?

One poor game in 7, pity we save it for the time when we take most fans away. It's easy to say the players were suffering hangovers but I don't know how else you explain such a half hearted uncommitted performance.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:01 pm 

frickley 1 you do talk some manure. we cant win them all and after several good performances a bad one will come along. as a frickley fan of many years you should recognise that, people had an off day, and now and then they will have a good day. get behind the lads and lets hope for a home win on new years day.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:57 pm 

Thanks JD and Pitdust for your EXPECTED personal insults again. As i have said before when you start to use personal insults IMO you have no valid points to make well done both of you again.If we carnt give our views on an open fourm without personal insults what is the point of an open fourm? If we play rubbish lets be honest and tell it as it is and not be afraid to say so, Billy does and so did our fans on the terraces at Ossett yesterday.Why do you allways insult people who tell it as it really was and try to make out they are not real Frickley fans? to stick your head in the sand is pointless. Surely a forum is there so that we can share our views and debate what has been posted.Why dont you address my points instead of doing what you ALWAYS do and just insult or carnt you address my views with a constructive argument without insults? Do you think we need better players to win things this season? do you think we will get into the play offs? What do you think about some of our players discipline record this year so far ( ie Whity just back off a ban and another yellow card today, robo sent off last week and another yellow card today)Or is it all down to the ref? The players we have on paper should get us into the play offs and they should win things thats why i said this could be our season but my fear is that they are not consistent they play like unibond champs for 7 or 8 games then let us down big time now i know we carnt win every game but if we dont beat the likes of Ossett ext we dont get into the play offs, and again i say look at our discipline record i understand we have a big fine hanging over us this season from the FA its nailed on with our record we will get that fine enforced so we start next season with a fine, is that what we want? i say bring a few older players in to steady the ship a bit and to get the discipline back into the team. Remember what i have said when we are playing second team players because our first team stars are all suspended. Try for once to answer my points instead of insults lads.It would be a change.Over to JD and my old mate Pitdust show us all you can debate thing in a right way minus your usual insults, lets hear what you really think. What do others think am i right or wrong?

Last edited by Frickley 1 on Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:11 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Thanks JD and Pitdust for your EXPECTED personal insults again. As i have said before when you start to use personal insults IMO you have no valid points to make well done both of you again.If we carnt give our views on an open fourm without personal insults what is the point of an open fourm? Surely a forum is there so that we can share our views and debate what has been posted.Why dont you address my points instead of doing what you ALWAYS do and just insult or carnt you address my views with a constructive argument without insults? Do you think we need better players to win things this season? do you think we will get into the play offs? What do you think about some of our players discipline record this year so far ( ie Whity just back off a ban and another yellow card today, robo sent off last week and another yellow card today)Or is it all down to the ref? Try for once to answer my points instead of insults lads.It would be a change.
its good on here i like the banter the ref was poor my opinion there number six was a good actor got the ref on his side all the best

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:20 pm 

He was once a Frickley player.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:46 pm 

Crikey!

Today was p1ss poor. Simple. Could be for all sorts of reasons too...

More players? So... does Billy have to sign new players every time we lose? That is one helluva squad we'd need over the season Frickley 1...

We've already beaten Boston too - or had you forgotten that?

Osset weren't that great either IMO. Very direct, and basically put their only two efforts on target in the first half in the back of the net. We had a couple of chances, but missed.

Re the bookings... yes, it is easy to blame the ref. I've done my fair share of that over the years. But today he was utter gash. Its funny how the Ossett physio muttered we were all elbows. He must be one damn good physio. In fact a magician I'd say. No sooner than he got to the seriously 'maimed' players they were up and about - fresh as a daisy. That was of course after they'd stayed down long enough to get one of ours booked...

Wonder what 'fiz' has to say about their number 7's performance today. He was shocking - at least 3 or 4 blatant body-checks and/or lunges. Any of which should have earned a yellow card... he could have been sent off twice. Yet the ref deemed only a 'calm down' chat needed - several times (oh, and of course the 'one more and you're in the book' chat). Yet he was the first to 'applaud' the ref when he booked Mozza for a late, but far from malicious tackle. Oh yes... that was one of the occasions that 'fiz' worked his magic. All of 2 or 3 seconds and the 'injured' player was up and about...

We were far from good enough today. That is obvious. But recent results show that Ossett have picked right up and are scoring for fun. Whereas we've gone off the boil a little bit - are we missing Ticker? Next week should be a good indicator - Worksop shipped 7 today...

Come on lads - lets get back to winning days next week to see the new year in with a bang!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:48 am 

Have a read of my updated posting starting with the words thanks JD and pitdust, then let me know what you lot think, it should be interesting to hear your views.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:47 am 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Thanks JD and Pitdust for your EXPECTED personal insults again. As i have said before when you start to use personal insults IMO you have no valid points to make well done both of you again.If we carnt give our views on an open fourm without personal insults what is the point of an open fourm? If we play rubbish lets be honest and tell it as it is and not be afraid to say so, Billy does and so did our fans on the terraces at Ossett yesterday.Why do you allways insult people who tell it as it really was and try to make out they are not real Frickley fans? to stick your head in the sand is pointless. Surely a forum is there so that we can share our views and debate what has been posted.Why dont you address my points instead of doing what you ALWAYS do and just insult or carnt you address my views with a constructive argument without insults? Do you think we need better players to win things this season? do you think we will get into the play offs? What do you think about some of our players discipline record this year so far ( ie Whity just back off a ban and another yellow card today, robo sent off last week and another yellow card today)Or is it all down to the ref? The players we have on paper should get us into the play offs and they should win things thats why i said this could be our season but my fear is that they are not consistent they play like unibond champs for 7 or 8 games then let us down big time now i know we carnt win every game but if we dont beat the likes of Ossett ext we dont get into the play offs, and again i say look at our discipline record i understand we have a big fine hanging over us this season from the FA its nailed on with our record we will get that fine enforced so we start next season with a fine, is that what we want? i say bring a few older players in to steady the ship a bit and to get the discipline back into the team. Remember what i have said when we are playing second team players because our first team stars are all suspended. Try for once to answer my points instead of insults lads.It would be a change.Over to JD and my old mate Pitdust show us all you can debate thing in a right way minus your usual insults, lets hear what you really think. What do others think am i right or wrong?
these things happen its only you your opinion and its not what they to hear but like you say its a discussion forum so discussion it will be

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:33 pm 
er where do I start?

discipline? - better than last year although that's not hard. As long as bookings aren't for mouthing then there's no big problem imo.

The players aren't good enough to get to the play offs, neither should they be with the money they're on. It all boils down to money, most teams in or around the play offs (with the exception of Ashton - hats off to them) are paying probably around £2000-4000 per week more than us. With tax that's between £100,000 and £200,000 per season. Now unless we get 300 more thru the gate or one of us wins the lottery then it's unlikely we'd make the play offs. That's reality.

We have a solid bunch of players and Billy's made some good signings such as Nicklin and Danny Clarke. Frickley1 - you go from one extreme to another hence why no one really takes you seriously.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:36 pm 

Thanks for your reply John even when you dont agree with what someone says on the fourm (for we all have our views) there is no need to throw out personal insults. Because you think i am wrong does not make you right even if you think you are, thats the good thing about a open fourm. As you have your views and so do i and others by all means state your views but to insult IMO is not on.By the way you say no one takes my view seriously how do you know that are you a mind reader. I listen to what people say and alot of people are saying the same things as me but are not forum members so they dont post on this forum.and i must say the way people are insulted makes me wonder if they are doing the right thing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:39 pm 

Didn't perform as a team yesterday, just got to put it behind us - bad day at the office. Might have been different had that header of Mozzas had gone in in the first minute, their keeper made a couple of cracking saves. The lads need to get fired up for next week now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:28 pm 

As you say Blue Beard the lads have to get fired up now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:57 pm 

For once i agree with John Dillinger 100%! :wink: :lol:

It is all about money. the other season was a freak season - a little the start Ashton and to a lesser degree the run that NFU went on earlier this season...

For us to stay clear of the relegation zone for a full season and have decent cup run is a great season IMO.