It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Boston United - Home
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:56 pm 

Well everyone - its quiet!! Thoughts?

After the sending off i thought we did Ok and a draw was about right. We had the better chances IMO - could have won it. Struggling to think of any player who was 'below par' today...

Some of the teams down the bottom end won today - but a point today was a good one. 4 points from the next 6 and unbeaten over the festive period will be a very good return...

Decent Christmas week gate too.

Post subject: Re: Boston United - Home
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:36 pm 

Boston were difficult to break down in the first half, second half I thought it was just a matter of time till we scored - and then Robbo decides he wants a red card. From then on a point was as much as we were getting although we could have pinched it - and so could they. Would have liked to have seen more use of the wings but can't fault the boys - all gave 100%, just wasn't to be today. Still one point is better than no points, bring on Ossett.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:44 am 

Draw a fair result all in all.The lads put in 100%. Robinson again let the fans, club and his team mates down with a stupid red card.The game changed yesterday after going down to 10 men how many more times is this going to happen?

Last edited by Frickley 1 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Robbo 'the red'!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:55 am 

Up to someone to come in at right back and make it difficult for
Robbo 'the red' to get his place back in the side. Three games to
do it in anyhow.
It be fair Robbo has stayed out of trouble until now this season
and looked a better player for it. However, Billy must be very frustrated
with him if not very angry.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:17 pm 
Robbo's had a decent season so far I think. The tackle didn't look malicious, it was clumsy and off balance more than anything. No worse than the one by the Boston 6 on Mozz in the first half. The tackle by Groomy should have been a straight red.

Thought we gave the initiative to Boston by playing Danny Clarke on the left, neither him or Camfield were much of a threat. Happy with a point as they've a decent away record.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:35 pm 

Both fair points Blade and John D. But i wonder if we have a right back in the club who can do us a job. I for one would put Hilton in.I hope Billy has not got favourites because if he has it will cost us in the long run as it did last year remember.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:51 pm 

Boston came for a point judging by their setup. Robbo's red card was a trip and no more than a yellow card he was not the last man. It was no worse than some commited by Boston 4 and 2 who both received a number of final warnings or Groomie's lunge. No action taken on 2 who lashed out at Danny Walsh after he had taken the ball. Robbo has done well this season and kept out of trouble and been a better player for it. Could it be that his reputation went before him. Once again an official spoils a good game.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:14 pm 

There no doubt that Robbo has a reputation for getting sent-off
and his timing could hardly be worse.
It'd be Chris Hilton for me to take over from Robbo.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:24 pm 

i thought we were poor up front against boston and missed ticker harassing the defenders!! mozza was struggling on his own up front mainly and lacked support :evil:

saying that, boston were bad and only caused us a few probs at the back,how bad will they be next year when the budget is halved ??? another point on the board maybe so,but i feel that yet again we have dropped points to a poor side :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:05 pm 

It wasn`t a great game by any stretch, every game can`t be. In the long haul its another point.
Hope the next two games are more productive, and every chance they could be. The games after get, what looks to be on paper, a bit tougher !!!