It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Matlock Result
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:59 pm 

Matlock website says that they have been beaten by a very average team. Four consecutive (3 away) wins and doube over Matlock is hardly average.

Post subject: Re: Matlock Result
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:34 pm 

If the ref had been fair (that is me being very 'fair' by not saying 'owt else), and we'd not have taken our foot off the gas after going two up we could and probably should have won this at a real canter.

But lets not take anything away from the lads - another away win, three on the trot and 5 league wins from 6 - with the other a draw. The Boston and Matlock fans must be right - if we - an average team - can do that, then it really must be a tin-pot, zebra league!! :lol: :lol:

Bottom line is that we're playing better - much closer to our true potential. And wins breed confidence.

Four massive games coming up from us - if we can take at least 6/7 points from them then we'll be all-but-safe by the New Year. Two or three of the teams in the bottom 4 - Matlock included (plus the famous, world-beating team from Cheshire who have a god-given right to be in the football league, but are bottlers and rubbish) have played two or three games more than us and are shipping goals. They have turn relegation fodder form in to play-off form in the second half of the season to stand any chance of staying up.

I'm sure they'll be hoping for Cammel Laird and Leigh to be joined by others ASAP!!!

All in all, a good day out. I only saw our very own Gollum have three pints too! :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:04 pm 
Some refs are just bad, some are bent and that bloke was bent.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:10 pm 

I struggled with many of his decisions, 2 penalties not awarded, Pelly's booking was the best bit of comedy in years. I don't know why the idiot wasnt wearing a blue shirt?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:03 pm 

If we are average, but 7 places above Matlock having beaten them twice, then they must be.....absolutely freakin' rubbish. I wanted to swear but there is a thread on the main Unibond forum about cussin'

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:27 pm 

http://www.livescores.co.uk/formGuide.j ... 14&count=4

Have at look at this link, I think it sums up the slight difference currently between us and Matlock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:02 pm 

Frickley Man wrote:
http://www.livescores.co.uk/formGuide.jsp?comp=14&count=4

Have at look at this link, I think it sums up the slight difference currently between us and Matlock

totally agree with you on that one,were in the top three for last 8 games,2nd for last 6 and top for last 4. speaks volumes if you ask me :D

not bad for an average team :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:50 pm 

What gets me is how other clubs' fans moan all the time saying we're aggressive... as one of our regular away fans would say, "It's a mans game!".

We're no more aggressive than most teams IMO - and as a fan I'd much rather that approach than one of 'after you, no, after you...'. Too many clubs in our division think they somehow deserve to be in this league, or even higher and aren't prepared to work hard. That, I'm afraid, simply isn't good enough. Fans of these clubs should spend of their energy in to 'encouraging' their own players to get stuck in, rather than moan about other teams being too 'physical' for them. Aww, diddums.

Confidence is a strange thing though isn't it...

Will the missing players get back in???

Up the Blues'!