Post subject: Kendal Town on Saturday
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:22 am 

Let's hope it's a good game eh !!

I'll meet FB for a beer before, at HT and hopefully FT :wink:

http://www.kendaltownforum.co.uk.tp

KENDAL TOWN FC FOREVER.

Post subject: Re: Kendal Town on Saturday
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:05 am 

should be a good one, were in better form now than when we drew earlier on in the season :D
looking forwards to a pint or so with you chels :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:04 pm 

Now that we are out of the Unibond micky mouse cup lets get back to real football in the leauge and try and push for a play off place again.Good chance last night to rest our super stars and give the other lads a game.Mr Price looked (IMO) the part, a good signing, i think he will prove to be a good asset to the team.Well done to GAR played ok got what THEY wanted a win all the best to them for the rest of the season. Very disappointed with the gate, ok i know it was a rubbish cup but if you are a fan you should be there (IMO.) The good time boys love to shout their gob off at others but where are they when its a cold Tue night in Nov. Just good time boys, last night showed the real Frickley fans. AGAIN.
PS. Do we have to play in the Unibond cup and the Seff cup or can we opted out? Do we really want to be in these cups?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:40 pm 

I know people who would have liked to have gone last night but are limited by funds - people who over the years have stood with me at Bath, Yeovil, Fisher etc. When your club has 3 home games in a week it can be tight for a lot of people - doesn't mean they don't love the club. Otherwise - I agree, lets get back to climbimg up the league.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:48 pm 

To Frickley1 (see, I got there first!! :lol: )

I didn't go last night, but over the past season or 4, or 5 - you can probably count on fingers and toes the games I've missed - home and away. I don't consider myself a "good time boy"... well, maybe not in the way you're talking about! :wink:

Things change - work commitments for one - and I'm sure I've seen something in the papers and on the news recently about a recession, or credit crunch... something like that anyhow... The UniBond League Cup - 'Mickey Mouse' i believe you called it, is not that high up peoples list of priorities. I suspect Billy thought the same given the changes he made. Fair play to those that went and braved the elements. I tip my hat to you. And those players that were on the pitch too - I hear it was a spirited display/good game.

Not too many years ago a gate of 145 would have been good/the 'norm' for league games.. against arguably better opposition that we face now week-in, week-out. I know you took a bit of 'grief' a few weeks or so back from people saying you didn't go to this game or that, but coming on here after every game telling everyone else that you went today/yesterday/last night or whatever and calling other fans 'good time boys' is nothing other than a waste of your energy! And peoples effort reading it.

We all support the club in our own ways - that should be all that matters!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:27 pm 

Frickley wrote:
To Frickley1 (see, I got there first!! :lol: )

I didn't go last night, but over the past season or 4, or 5 - you can probably count on fingers and toes the games I've missed - home and away. I don't consider myself a "good time boy"... well, maybe not in the way you're talking about! :wink:

Things change - work commitments for one - and I'm sure I've seen something in the papers and on the news recently about a recession, or credit crunch... something like that anyhow... The UniBond League Cup - 'Mickey Mouse' i believe you called it, is not that high up peoples list of priorities. I suspect Billy thought the same given the changes he made. Fair play to those that went and braved the elements. I tip my hat to you. And those players that were on the pitch too - I hear it was a spirited display/good game.

Not too many years ago a gate of 145 would have been good/the 'norm' for league games.. against arguably better opposition that we face now week-in, week-out. I know you took a bit of 'grief' a few weeks or so back from people saying you didn't go to this game or that, but coming on here after every game telling everyone else that you went today/yesterday/last night or whatever and calling other fans 'good time boys' is nothing other than a waste of your energy! And peoples effort reading it.

We all support the club in our own ways - that should be all that matters!
i agree with frickley on that one we all support the club in different ways as for the team very good nicklin is the top man brilliant penalty save soon be xmas we can sing our xmas songs and get our party hats on good luck to everyone :D :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:57 pm 

I do understand that some people cannot afford to come to all the matches so they have to pick the ones they are coming to, fair enough, but what gets my back up is a few weeks ago some of the so called supporters where condemning me, and saying that i was not a true supporter, one of these so called supporter even said i was an old player who just wanted to kick the club down. I have supported the blues for 40+ years on and off (more on than off) and i hate it when people who have been coming to Frickley for a few years decide they are the true blues supporters then dont come to the Tue night matches and condemn the real Frickley supporters for there views. As i say good time or big game supporters make me sick. Maybe the club could do something for you the true blue supporters who are finding it hard at the moment.For you have been there over the years unlike the ones who have been coming a few years on the big games and feel its there right to put down and insult us who have been here for years.Dont you agree?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:27 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
I do understand that some people cannot afford to come to all the matches so they have to pick the ones they are coming to, fair enough, but what gets my back up is a few weeks ago some of the so called supporters where condemning me, and saying that i was not a true supporter, one of these so called supporter even said i was an old player who just wanted to kick the club down. I have supported the blues for 40+ years on and off (more on than off) and i hate it when people who have been coming to Frickley for a few years decide they are the true blues supporters then dont come to the Tue night matches and condemn the real Frickley supporters for there views. As i say good time or big game supporters make me sick. Maybe the club could do something for you the true blue supporters who are finding it hard at the moment.For you have been there over the years unlike the ones who have been coming a few years on the big games and feel its there right to put down and insult us who have been here for years.Dont you agree?
can i ask what that makes me then as i have only just started to come back to the games this is second season unfortunately due to work cant get to all games would love to we all finding it hard i suspect like somethings have to give way so lets see what happens after all this credit crunch as only just started we will see what happens wondering what you suggest the club do after all i think margins are tight for the club as well

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:37 pm 

'Glory supporters', or whatever you chose to call them are at every club, at every level. The fact is that few clubs can turn them away, as they bring in cash like anyone else. It is good runs - in the league or cup - that attract them, or maybe one fixture in particular...

Some of them stay on - maybe only a few - and become lifelong fans... Love them or hate them, Frickley needs them!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:48 pm 

Frickley new supporter you dont insult people for there views do you? so i have no problem with people like yourself. why not have a pay for 3 games get one free or half price or have a half season ticket for the second half of the season. Or Micky mouse cup games half price not £8. The Shef cup was £5 and we put out a full side the Unibond cup on Tue was £8 and we played a weak side.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:00 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Frickley new supporter you dont insult people for there views do you? so i have no problem with people like yourself. why not have a pay for 3 games get one free or half price or have a half season ticket for the second half of the season. Or Micky mouse cup games half price not £8. The Shef cup was £5 and we put out a full side the Unibond cup on Tue was £8 and we played a weak side.
i agree with you on the price i was expecting it to be a bit lower dont know why it was you make very good points on the promotions side of things no i dont insult anyone on here i dont think its right to do that everyone is entitled to there opinion in fact when you make your comments i think what gets people going is that they are near the truth and they dont like it ,this is what a forum is for discussion keep it up i will make my comments as i always try to do although in good humour though with no malice keep posting all the best to you :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:18 pm 

At last a true voise Frickley new supporter well done. Your right Brother the reason i get peoples back up is i sometimes hit the spot and it hurts. And as i have said in the passed the truth hurts.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:08 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
At last a true voise Frickley new supporter well done. Your right Brother the reason i get peoples back up is i sometimes hit the spot and it hurts. And as i have said in the passed the truth hurts.

That was my point Frickley 1, all the absent fans last night are automatically branded 'good time boys' by you. I agrre there will be a few but its wrong to tar all the supporters with the same brush. Incidentally, you make some good points on the forum - most of which I agree with. In the end we all would like to see our team do well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:22 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
why not have a pay for 3 games get one free or half price or have a half season ticket for the second half of the season.

Half Season Tickets have been available for the last couple of seasons and will almost certainly be available for purchase again from Saturday. Details on main website soon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:32 pm 

Spot on Blue Beard we all want the club to do well. Sorry if i upset the true blue supporters maybe i dident get my point over very clearly trust i have now. Thanks Steve for the info again.