It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Walk
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:06 pm 

Just a walk on the park. Well done lads great to see our scoring boots are back on.But where are all the good time supporters this week and last week the ones who call themself true blues I was there at both games. I was one of the 147 tonight and some dare to say i am not a Frickley Supporter. Where are you all. Good time boys.

Post subject: Re: Walk
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:09 pm 

good game ref a bit iffy but a win i was there at least dont kno where the rest where probably not a high profile game for them maybe only they will know the reason why they stayed away :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:44 pm 

147 crowd for this competition against a pub team is a good turnout in my opinion, I've been there in the 70s, 80s & 90s when the crowds were in double figures & not very high double figures at that.

Good to see the front line filling the onion bag and getting some confidence. Lets carry it on into the league, onwards & upwards.

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:32 am 

Trdaitionally the Sheffield Senior Cup has been a poorly attended affair. Way back in the 50s you were lucky to see 100 there. At that time you had to enter the local FA Cup in order to enter th FA Cup. I was there last night. It was a good work ouit, beats training. At least the ref kept the cards in his pocket. The Sheff & Hallamshire FA can be very hard on players booked or sent off. I think it was Mickey Thompson who got something like 10 matches ban a few years ago. It was later reduced.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:36 am 
Anyone who thinks it was a poor crowd should have a look at the other attendances last night. Champions league on TV is killing gates.

Hemsworth and Stocksbridge both went through last night.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:12 am 

Don't fancy Stocksbridge in the next round. Hemsworth will do
or Hallam if they beat Bentley tonight, which is likely. But didn't
Handsworth beat Maltby in the last round? But that was at their
place, where ever that is. I've been told it's in Darnall. Anybody
know for certain?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:59 am 

Some people come on this site shouting about how great fans they are and condemn people like myself and others for having an opinion. How many times have we had posting with insults, foul language ex, and how many times have we with opinions about the club we love been condemned as trouble makers and not real fans? Well the real fans are the ones who are there (when ever possible) what ever the game Sheffield cup, fa cups or leauge games. 167 last week 147 this week and they call themself fans, seams like some shout and insult but when it comes to the cold winter nights they stay at home.I was there at both games supporting the lads and management so as a TRUE blue fan i have a right to my opinion (IMO) unlike the good time boys who stay away. £5 well spent. Insults at the ready for daring to tell it as it is..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:20 am 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Some people come on this site shouting about how great fans they are and condemn people like myself and others for having an opinion. How many times have we had posting with insults, foul language ex, and how many times have we with opinions about the club we love been condemned as trouble makers and not real fans? Well the real fans are the ones who are there (when ever possible) what ever the game Sheffield cup, fa cups or leauge games. 167 last week 147 this week and they call themself fans, seams like some shout and insult but when it comes to the cold winter nights they stay at home.I was there at both games supporting the lads and management so as a TRUE blue fan i have a right to my opinion (IMO) unlike the good time boys who stay away. £5 well spent. Insults at the ready for daring to tell it as it is..
i dont condemn you i agree with what you say yes i was there yes i bought a programme yes i bought a half time draw i try to support the club by doing these things good luck to you maybe they might start on me but i will just laugh it off

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:33 am 

Thanks for you comments Frickley New Supporter. I must admit i have to smile as well.As you start to get the insults we will have a laugh together. Ha Ha.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:28 pm 

Can't see anyone condemning you in this thread old bean - are you having paranoia attacks?

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:23 pm 

No. Just anticipated what rubbish has come my way in the passed for speaking the truth. Because the truth hurts.