It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Kinsley Boys
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:56 pm 

Mini Maureenio wrote:
It would be absolute madness to send out the first team, remember the opposition is slightly above Sunday morning pub team standard so even our second string should turn them over without too much trouble.

How would you all feel is Moz or Ticker was taken out of the game by some bruiser of a centre half, which lead to them being injured for the rest of the season. Whilst a final at Hillsborough is nice, this is still a tinpot competition and staying in the Prem is our priority, having the Sheffield Senior Cup on the mantelpiece is no consolation if we get relegated.
top banana did you go to game i didnt hear anyone slating kinsley boys

Last edited by frickley new supporter on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:58 pm 

frickley new supporter wrote:
Mini Maureenio wrote:
It would be absolute madness to send out the first team, remember the opposition is slightly above Sunday morning pub team standard so even our second string should turn them over without too much trouble.

How would you all feel is Moz or Ticker was taken out of the game by some bruiser of a centre half, which lead to them being injured for the rest of the season. Whilst a final at Hillsborough is nice, this is still a tinpot competition and staying in the Prem is our priority, having the Sheffield Senior Cup on the mantelpiece is no consolation if we get relegated.
cant recall anybody slating kinsley boys at the game only this opinion correct me if im wrong hope kinsley do well in there campaign good luck for the rest of season

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:17 pm 

Impressed with the support and never agreed with the pub team thing,
a bit insulting. I have heard Frickley called it by Donny Rovers' fans on
ocassion.
Good luck for the rest of the season and hopefully you will rise to Unibond
level one day.
It also good to see your near-neighbours Hemsworth Miners' Welfare doing
well too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:10 pm 
yes i was at the game,after the fourth goal went in a fan said ..what are these muppets doing here playing us..yes we would have preferred to play some one on a level par,but it was good experience for the club and hopefully one day Kinsley will be able to achieve what you have at Frickley.We live in hope!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:41 pm 

topbanana wrote:
yes i was at the game,after the fourth goal went in a fan said ..what are these muppets doing here playing us..yes we would have preferred to play some one on a level par,but it was good experience for the club and hopefully one day Kinsley will be able to achieve what you have at Frickley.We live in hope!!!!!!
you can do it you have a good team in fact im gunna bob down and watch you when you at home one day all the best

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:42 am 

What was the admission charge for Tuesdays game?I went to Worksop v Rossington Main last night at Hucknall,admission £2 adults £1 kids attendance 52.Shocking turnout but then Worksop didnot advertise these prices at previous matches.The tie should have been at Rossington,would have benefitted everyone.No sense everyone going to Hucknall when more would have showed up at Rossington via their support plus Worksop fans with less distance and novelty of ground.Must have cost Worksop a fair few quid last night that they can't afford.Hope they get an away tie next round.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:39 am 

andy1886 wrote:
What was the admission charge for Tuesdays game?I went to Worksop v Rossington Main last night at Hucknall,admission £2 adults £1 kids attendance 52.Shocking turnout but then Worksop didnot advertise these prices at previous matches.The tie should have been at Rossington,would have benefitted everyone.No sense everyone going to Hucknall when more would have showed up at Rossington via their support plus Worksop fans with less distance and novelty of ground.Must have cost Worksop a fair few quid last night that they can't afford.Hope they get an away tie next round.
probably towards running costs electricity etc ask the club they set the prices we just pay our way :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:23 pm 

Just watched the clips again on the main site - wish we played against that keeper every week, he makes Stuart Hinchcliffe look like Peter Shilton (that reference will sort the men from the 'Johnny Come Latelys' - coming up the Lane, Glory Hunters, stealing our jobs etc etc)

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:36 pm 
Was Hinchcliffe that bad?? Always thought he was steady enough, certainly far better than the likes of Wayne Baker.Derek Conner or Andy Carney.

For what it's worth I can't recall seeing a better keeper than Nicklin up at the lane.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:44 pm 

Agrred about Wayne Baker, Carney. Nicklin has the potential to be a class goalkeeper at a higher level. Roger Chapman who played in the 1970s cup team aginst Rotherham Utd. and beyond was a good keeper. Going further back Bendan Mcmanus who played in the game versus Doncaster Res at Frickley when Harry Gregg played and was being watched by Irish selectors. Brendan also Irish had a great game and was a very good keeper. Greeg as we know went on to higher things.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:09 am 
Gary Ingham looked a very good keeper during the season you finished runners up. Tommy Meehan? was also useful.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:56 am 

Actually I do Stuart Hinchcliffe a dis-service, he was one of the best shot stoppers I've ever seen up the Lane, but as soon as the ball went in the air from a cross etc it was like watching Ray Charles swatting wasps.

We were once on the coach going to an away match and Barry Gill threw him an apple, which he dropped - didn't instil you with confidence.

Tommy 'The Cat' - what a keeper.

How comes no-one has mentioned Henry Smith???

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:40 pm 

Thanks lads for the reminders.Great times. We must be getting old.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:52 pm 
Mini Maureenio wrote:
Actually I do Stuart Hinchcliffe a dis-service, he was one of the best shot stoppers I've ever seen up the Lane, but as soon as the ball went in the air from a cross etc it was like watching Ray Charles swatting wasps.

We were once on the coach going to an away match and Barry Gill threw him an apple, which he dropped - didn't instil you with confidence.

Tommy 'The Cat' - what a keeper.

How comes no-one has mentioned Henry Smith???

slightly before my time that, but did he play many games? Tommy Meehan was a great keeper for a little bloke although playing behind Mally Wright and Russ Wilcox helps any keeper.

what about Jamie Booth? Didn't we sell him to Blackpool?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:46 pm 

Stuart Hinchcliffe played 27 league games(7 in 80/81 20 in 83/84) in the conference or Alliance as it was then known plus some cup ties. Jamie Booth went to Blackpool, not on contract, and Ronnie Glavin brought in Ian Wardle.