It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: shooting practice
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:20 am 

can anyone shed any light on as to where our shooting boots have gone ? :x
didnt make it to bradford due to work,but the reports have said that yet again it was poor finishing on our side that let us down and lost us the game :evil:

shooting practice required methinks :wink:

Post subject: Re: shooting practice
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:29 am 

New strikers i think is needed, by now i hoped mozz tick pell whitey would be scoring for fun as i said in passed posts,They should be but sadly it has not happened, why i dont know surely they are not over the hill are they? Any ideas anybody.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:53 am 

Just read BPA match report on their web site. Yes we need new strikers, in the words of the BPA report, its easy to see why Frickley are in the position they are in, mid field and defence are good, but forwards cannot score.New blood me thinks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:24 pm 

maybe playing them up front is a start :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:16 pm 

Mozza didn't play at BPA - playing on Monday doesn't give players enough time to get over knocks picked up on Saturday and he had a hamstring strain. Groomey went off injured in the first half and was badly missed. Not much between the teams and Frickley finished the game the stronger of the two. Tick played well, but didn't get much support from Pelly who made little or no impact on their centre halves. Let's hope Mozza is fit for Saturday...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:54 pm 
Can't really think of an easy chance that was missed on Monday - maybe Scott Turners effort in the second half. The strikers aren't geting the service. The balls pumped forward so quickly the midfield rarely get chance to join the attack. It's going straight up front or in the channels. It's not Pells game to run the channels. He needs to hold it up better but to be fair to him he's often crowded out by two or three defenders.

Saying that we've deserved more this season, performances aren't like this time last year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:02 pm 

i agree there not the same, we should have picked up far more points if we had the killer touch!!
but the table shows it in reality terms,were not much better off than at this point last year,we need and i stress need some 3 point games :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:11 am 

Perhaps Billy could think about bringing some players in on loan
from the Football League or higher up the non-league ladder. Other
clubs do it, but the Blues seem very reluctant to go down that route.
Can only remember two lads from Grimsby Town having loans at Westfield
Lane and that many years ago. Might just freshen things up a bit.
Some one with real pace might help.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:35 am 

For the first time in years Frickley seam to have some money in the bank and i can understand that they dont want to go down the road of paying out big money for players (wages) because other clubs have done this and look at them now (ie Grantham.) but its now £8 to watch the blues and at present its not value for money and if we dont start soon and get the points we will end up in the unibond 1 north and my big fear is, if we go down we will not get back, and unibond 1 football is far away from the unibond prem. we do have a good set of lads who can do the stuff but as has been said the forwards are letting us down big time, why i dont know maybe its a confidence thing that a few goals would put right. One posting said that we need pace, we have got pace in Whitey if he would stop believing his own hype and get his head down and do what he is paid to do and start to put in performances like last seasons then the forwards would get the service they need.Its time Billy and the chairman marked his card, i dont think he wants to be at the lane so if that is the case get rid hes dead wood. but who would sign him the way he is playing.When Whitey is on his game the teams a far better team he can do it but for some reason does not at present and as a result he is letting the club, fans, and himself down as are the other forwards. Come on wear the shirt with pride.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:40 am 

more than anything we need is width!! why not use turner as a winger ?? he did well against cammell when he came on the pitch, this will save mmozza and tick having to go fetch the ball themselves and leave them to play a forwards roll which is what they are :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:42 am 

Width and pace would be good, but we haven't seen much of either
this season and White is a bit too inconsistant for my liking and I've
not seen any real pace from him really. A Woolford or a Wadsworth
he ain't.
Turner - the solution? Not convinced about that really. However,
he does score goals and gives his all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:50 am 
I saw Woolford play for York City a couple of times last season and he was outstanding. Didn't surprise me that he got a move into the football league. If he progresses well at Scunny I reckon he could well end up with a Premier League club or definitely a Championship club.

When you had Woolford and Callery on each wing you played the best football I've seen from a Frickley side for many a year. I watched the game away at Ossett a few years ago and Woolford and Callery destroyed them together with a lad called Scothern? I think the final score was 4-1.

It sounds like your current Manager is probably a little cautious with his team selections, hence no real width or pace. He may prefer to keep it as close as possible with the hope of nicking a goal.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I might try and get across for a game in the near future.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:31 pm 

What great days, Mike Wadsworth, Barry Gill, Ext. Will those days ever come back to the lane? Todays Frikley player are not even in the same street as the likes of the above.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:35 pm 

doubt that !!
but using turner couldnt harm anything, like blade says he does give his all and can score! give it/him a chance for me :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:51 pm 

May as well we have nothing to loss becuse we are doing nothing up front with the set up we have at present f / Blue.