It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What is the Boards response to the not nice posting
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:53 pm 

Well what do you have to say. These postings are an embarrassment to our club

Post subject: Re: What is the Boards response to the not nice posting
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:21 pm 
There's a post at the top of this forum posted after the Gateshead game. The problems not gone away.

One lad was chucked out yesterday, he'd not been seen up at the ground before.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:32 pm 

frickley1 what would you like to happen? them all to be banned? hey lets ban people , in fact If I see you drop any litter I think you should be banned, do you encourage the team? if you dont you should be banned.

stirring idiot.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:16 pm 

is this all from the guy who can lift a ton but cant spell it ??? :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:25 pm 

I was going to post some statistics and quotes from official match reports about "referee" Matt McGrath's performances up the 'Lane in the past 3 years or so... They're all bad. Very bad. Managers sent to the stands and "bizarre" decisions etc...

But, some fans have been swearing, and drinking up up the 'Lane. Together. Me included (although I'm pretty sure not in the group Glocko mentions).

No violence though i must add. Or fighting. Or trying to pick a fight.

I've not seen the strange combination of drinking, and then swearing anywhere else - at any football ground...

Pitdust - I did get behind the team and try to encourage them. :lol:

Frickley is such an easy target. Always has been. Many times been on the end of poor refereeing decisions. I'm sure many otehr 'Blues fans can come on here name several matches to back this up...

It is equally as sad when supporters of opposing teams post such rubbish. The bottom line yesterday was, that on the day, two poor teams were on show. A draw was probably fair. And i had several 'fair-minded' discussions with 'Lairds fans who were of the same opinion. Also chatted to their management team who agreed. They were a friendly bunch. However, we should have won given the position we found ourselves in after 89 minutes. Irrespective of the previous 88 minutes' play. End of.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:59 am 

The last think we need at Frickley is to start and ban people from the ground, but some of the away supporters are saying that coming to the lane was not a good experience and posting their comments on websites then keeps people away from the lane, also it starts to attract nutters who think that Frickley is the place where trouble can be made.what i am saying is this that the lane should be a place where we all can go and enjoy the match and postings like the ones we keep getting from away supporters are not helping our clubs image are they? and the people who have to keep the club right is the board. IF IF there is a problem it needs to be put right IF there is no problem then the board has to do its best to reassure away supporters that they are ok to come to Frickley to just do nothing will make people stop coming dont you think? again i ask what do the board have to say about it all?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:29 pm 

here here frickley1 i am now starting to get very frustrated with peoples comments and it is not bringing the best out in me so from now on i think i will stay off our forum :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:58 pm 

Mad Hatter before you blow the fourm out (and i hope you dont) can i ask you a question? You say in one of your postings, we know who they are who are making problems at Frickley and you say we are trying to sort it out. Are you on the board at Frickley are you speaking on behalf of the board, as a board member? I do understand if you dont want to say who you are for fear of any backlash. I have been coming to the lane now for over 40 years on and off, more on than off, i have seen the good times and the bad times but sadly now i am seriously thinking about calling it a day because its not like it used to be any more. Sadly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:34 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Mad Hatter before you blow the fourm out (and i hope you dont) can i ask you a question? You say in one of your postings, we know who they are who are making problems at Frickley and you say we are trying to sort it out. Are you on the board at Frickley are you speaking on behalf of the board, as a board member? I do understand if you dont want to say who you are for fear of any backlash. I have been coming to the lane now for over 40 years on and off, more on than off, i have seen the good times and the bad times but sadly now i am seriously thinking about calling it a day because its not like it used to be any more. Sadly

no frickley 1 i am not on the board but the club i hold dear to my heart have done for many years now i am a willing helper and get involved helping with the survival of the club . we know we have 1 or 2 bad apples that dont come all the time and it is not easy to get rid off them but the club are trying their best these bad apples are at all clubs around the globe not just in football.but ours seem to get highlighted more on these forums than other clubs and if you go away regular you will have come across this at other clubs . so keep going we need the genuine supporters :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:41 pm 
The lad who nicked the scarf also caused a problem by the tunnell. He was thrown out and won't be let back in.

There's a line and some folk don't realise they're crossing it till too late. That causes problems that volunteers like mad hatter and others have to sort out.

There will have to be some changes and I hope people realise the club have been forced into them by a minority of people who don't have the club at heart. Incidents like last week have happened too often and it can't go on.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:04 pm 

True true John.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:56 pm 

John Dillinger says that there will have to be some changes at the club, I'm sure that all concerned with running the club, and all that want it to go forwards will echo this sentiment. The bad publicity the club is receiving at present needs and will be addressed I'm sure. The shame in all this is that Frickley Athletic have never been as well off as they are now in respect of people behind the scenes doing their bit to keep the club afloat, in some cases the bit, is a very, very big bit. I don't honestly think that a lot of supporters who come week in week out realise how much work has to be done to keep the organisation that is F.A.F.C. Limited running smoothly and in accordance with the various bodies it is responsible to, and by that I mean the FA, The NPFL plus of course the well loved HM Revenue and Customs. I know for a fact that the club is administered along very professional lines, and, if as a result of a few shall we say uniformed, vocal, narrow-minded individuals, these hard-working, behind the scenes workers decide to throw the towel in (remember they are all volunteers with families and lives away from Westfield Lane), the club will most certainly be in huge trouble. In short if you are concerned with the progress of Frickley Athletic, take a look around and see what others do, maybe ask yourself if there is anything I could do. The club I'm sure would welcome, young, strong well intentioned individuals to act as stewards, If you fit this criteria, have a word with The Chairman, I'm sure he'll find you a well fitting orange jacket . Come on Blues fans there are plenty of us in all shapes and sizes, we have different skills to bring to the club, lets pull together and appreciate each others contribution, if you don't make much of a contribution, make one and make a difference.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:18 pm 

obviousley they not bothered or they would have replied by now