It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: CAMMELL LAIRD TODAY
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:27 pm 

Poor game, Poor weather (Wind ), Poor ref, no very poor ref.Overall fair result. We must be saving ourself for BPA and Fleetwood. But i ask what is up with Mr Whitey he seams as if he wants to leave the club to me. If he does not want to perform let him go he is not the same player he was. Lets get rid and spend some money and get players in who want to play for Frickley. Should he go i wonder? But five games now unbeaton.

Post subject: Re: CAMMELL LAIRD TODAY
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:15 pm 

Must agree with all Frickley 1 writes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:15 pm 

Unless I missed something , the equalising goal at the end today must have been the worst decision by a set of "Officials" at Frickley since Tommy Meehan got flattened when Altrincham's goal was allowed to stand in the FA Cup all those years ago.

Whether it was the ref or the linesman who ultimately allowed the goal is irrelevent - how the hell the Cammell Laird keeper cannot be offside when standing all alone on the Frickley goal-line is beyond belief. He was big enough in a bright green shirt - did the linesman think the Frickley keeper had changed his shirt from yellow to green or something.? That is the only thing that could have confused him - colour blindness and getting the keepers mixed up.

The referee even went over to the linesman and they still managed to allow the goal. It is decisions like these that cost teams their places at the end of the season. Neither team deserved to win (or lose) the game - it was awful , but unless there was something I missed , or the offside rule does not count for goalkeepers then referee McGrath and his linesman ought to be ashamed of their performances today.

As for Chris White - why was he told to play on the wrong wing , same with Hilton on the left wing with a right foot ? No wonder he doesn't want to play.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:26 am 

Chris White is a quality player as we saw last season. He didn't have a good game on Saturday but neither did most others. He just needs a run of games in his proper position and some encouragement. If the alternative is someone like Buttle or Lee then we're better off sticking with him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:17 am 

I totally agree Joe Blue, Whitey is a quality player, just because whitey had a bad game does this mean he dosent want to play for Frickley!!!! (i dont think so) i am always more than happy with his performances for Frickley! so yeah maybe some encouragement and playing him where he should be would be a good start.

Everyone had a bad game saturday it was a poor match and poor football was played, the ball was always up in the air. (This is not football)!!!!!

Good luck tonight lads!! up the blues.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:24 am 

I know the conditions and the officials weren't good but it was still a very poor performance. The passing was awful, service to the strikers was virtually non-existant and if we can't beat a poor side like Cammell Laird it's not looking good for three tough away games.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:46 pm 

Agreed the performance was very poor, fair result. Yet this is virtually the same team that was best in the league for the second half of last season - maybe its just confidence!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:04 pm 

Possibly, but the standard of the division has improved and we haven't. If we don't get some more quality in it's going to be another relegation battle.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:54 pm 

the best start craig, i mean joe would be if people not involved with the club stopped stirring.