It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What the hell is going on?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:00 pm 

Why sign a winger and then play our most dangerous striker at half back, with the scores at 3-3 surely we should have put Mozza in the middle and bring the new winger on. No we wait until injury time and then decide to put a sub on, what a waste!! The only team looking to win the game in the second half was Bradford PA, Frickley were simply running down the clock and hoping for a point. This is Heath's strategy, hang on for a point at home rather than pushing forward and searching out the win. Another defeat on Saturday and Billy-Boy will go walkabout telling us that he can't take the club any further. Sounds familiar!

Post subject: Re: What the hell is going on?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:39 pm 

I partially echo Bluerhino's comments - it did seem that we were happy to hang on at 3 apiece - to be honest I'd have settled for that before kick off especially against a team that are now 3rd. But to lose 4-3, not really on. Someone needs to have a word.

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:21 pm 

bluerhino2 wrote:
Why sign a winger and then play our most dangerous striker at half back, with the scores at 3-3 surely we should have put Mozza in the middle and bring the new winger on. No we wait until injury time and then decide to put a sub on, what a waste!! The only team looking to win the game in the second half was Bradford PA, Frickley were simply running down the clock and hoping for a point. This is Heath's strategy, hang on for a point at home rather than pushing forward and searching out the win. Another defeat on Saturday and Billy-Boy will go walkabout telling us that he can't take the club any further. Sounds familiar!

WHAT A LOAD OF CR@P :evil: :evil:
is mozza yor love child or something :?: :?:
do us all a favour stop yor manure stirring and stick to watching egg chasing :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:42 am 

Can understand the frustration coming out on here. I was pretty peeved too at the end of the game...

But after the flying start they came more and more in to the game and showed what a good side they are. Although fairly shaky at the back they had a solid midfield and pacy wingers. Add to that big, strong and clearly confident forwards that is a dangerous mix. Confidence oosed from their wingers and midfield players who were always looking for the killer pass.

We created chances once more and could easily have scored another couple before the break. It was always going to be harder in the seond half and although we got the 3rd goal it was tough. Yes, we were hanging on, but they were pooring forward. I don't think we were 'letting' them do that - it just happens sometimes. It certainly wasn't the same as the Gateshead match - yes, we threw that away for all sorts of reasons. The winner was 'coming' for ages before it happened. A draw would have been good.

I agree that we could have shored up the midfield a little more in the closing minutes. I'd have taken a forward off andput a midfield player on. But, i aren't the manager... My only gripe is that we seem to make two or three changes when one will often do. We've let in 10 goals now in the past three games and that isn't good - no matter how you look at it. Not all Adam's fault - a settled back 4 and especially centre-half pairing would help that.

We finally bl00dy well score and then let in 4... would you adam and eve it. We've played some top sides and that is the luck of the draw. But those 'unlucky' games are now biting us on the backside a little...

I'd try a couple of things different at the weekend. Is Hoody worth a shirt? Does Jonah start? Do we play 4-4-2? Who knows. Great gate again - swelled by a good travelling support.

Finally - money does talk doesn't it? Isn't it strange how these so-called money-teams, or fancied sides always seem to get the rub of the green? They always have players and management who know every trick in the book to get a decision - such as the free kick for their second (and key IMO) goal. BPA are a good side who will make the top 5 no doubt. Win the league? I'm not sure - they need to sort their back 4 out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:52 am 

Some accurate points in the previous posting - in the second half the Bradford midfield ran Frickley ragged and we failed to protect Gowan sufficiently against the number 7. Some players did not play at all , cannot mention names but one was supposedly playing up front and the other won almost every ball in midfield last season but never got near the ball last night.

There is no substitute for pace up front as showed in the first minute and if both Towler and Morris has played up front together for a change then maybe the performance of our former star at number 5 could have been exploited even more.

The substitution of Davies was baffling - against a side as big and strong as Bradford , the choice of replacement was "unexpected". Perhaps it is time to go back to a few tried and tested players and play them in the correct positions (Jones , Robinson , Lindley etc, White after his suspension , Morris up front) even if it means upsetting some of the bigger names in the process.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:17 am 

Couldn't agree more

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:22 am 

i personally didnt expect anything from last nights game,one of those you write off as a loss before a balls kicked. but we should some grit last night and maybe not every team will score four against us !!
their back four were manure, and we capitolised on it ,but the midfield and forward line knew what they were doing and ran us ragged some times,dont forget were not the only team they've done it too.
another loss i know,but i for one have confidence in both bill and the squad, last night should at least give them some confidence,which has obviously been missing in previous games.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:28 pm 
Some interesting opinions on here, just shows how different folk have different views on the same match. Like everyone I was gutted at the final whistle last night. I didn't expect us to win before kick off but given the start we had I expected 3 points.

Overall we played well, million times better than Ferriby or Leigh. We were undone by another very good side who had the rub of the green. There were no major rooster ups by players or the gaffer that I could see. We can all point out that so and so should have been subbed but there's logic in the way we set up last night.

Mozz ain't playing well. He suffers due to the fact he can play a decent game in a few positions. He works hard and tracks back, something Whitey doesn't do. Buttle looks lightweight and i'm not sure he could have given Gowen any more cover.

Davies was wrecked last night, it's his first game for weeks and as it went on he wasn't closing down. Groomey's suffering through not playing pre season. He'll improve soon.

Finally I think some people have to realise that last night was similar to say Stoke almost beating Chelsea. That's not being defeatest, it's being realistic. Their wage bill is probably 5 times ours. They're in the fortunate position, along with Ilkeston, Guiseley, Leigh, Eastwood (£9000 a week budget!) and others of having a backer who's prepared to sink over £250,000 a season to try and get promotion. We're not. Until then we'll battle like last night and try our best to upset the odds.

Keep the faith and get behind them on Saturday.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:07 pm 

I dont think the comment by bluerhino2, if we lose on Sat Billy will leave does any good at all. Does Rhino want him to go? If he does i think (Rhino) your in the minority. Whats up with you mate cool it, its only a game of football not life or death. You dont want us to have to start looking for another manager do you so early in the season? We have been down that line before and look at what happens. You need to get real mate, we dont have the cash that the big boys have and trying to get Billy out does not help our club does it?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:10 pm 

But surely the reason Morris isn't playing well is that he is being played out of position?
He was outstanding up front against Whitby and him and Towler are the best strike pairing we've got. It's a mystery to me why that partnership was broken up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:53 pm 
I'd agree Mozz and Ticker are our two best strikers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:45 pm 

Your point on money was a good one, but I feel good management and good use of resources can still go a long way. It's early days, but Ashton are doing alright on their resources.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:27 pm 

Thats true but Rhino seams to want to get rid of Billy. Why? Where will that get us?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:31 pm 

BlueRhino2 please explain your self do you want Billy out?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:00 pm 

captaincaveman wrote:

WHAT A LOAD OF CR@P :evil: :evil:
is mozza yor love child or something :?: :?:
do us all a favour stop yor manure stirring and stick to watching egg chasing :evil:

I'm not manure stirring and I have no genetical links to Mozza (Mozza sighs great relief!!). My frustration/anger is created by playing players out of position. We are a more potent team when Mozza plays up front alongside Ticker, not deep in midfield providing defensive cover. Personally I feel that we should have pressed for a winner last night and the best way to have pressurised a weak BPA defence was to push Danny Buttle on in place of Pell and bring Mozza into his best position. However Billy's tactics appeared to be (not for the first time this season) to hang on for the point. Then when we go behind he decides to throw Buttle on and bring Mozza off, the substitution was far far too late. We now have the opportunity to name 5 subs and Billy must use them more offensively at home (in my humble opinion.)

To answer Frickley 1, I was never happy with Billy's return. Having got us into a mess he announced that he could take the team no further, once you walk away from any club I don't believe you should return. Having said that Billy did a great job earning our survival and I agree changing manager early season will cause unwanted disruption, so no Billy should stay. However he's done it before so can you rely on him to stay and stick it out. A disastrous defeat on Saturday (please God no!) and Billy may question his ability to move the team forward.

Back to Captaincaveman, thank you for your advice I will happily continue to watch the eggchasers (wrong code methinks) and watch The Blues during the close season. 40+ years of watching both sports and I still get angry when a team throws away winning opportunities. xx