It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hednesford
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:03 pm 

If Hednesford play like they did at Ossett on the opening day of this season, we will have another 3 points in the bag come 5.00pm Saturday. Because take it from me they where rubbish.

Post subject: Re: Hednesford
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:22 pm 

I hope they turn up and play rubbish, but I think having beaten Witton and BPA in their last 2 games its probably not likely.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:56 pm 

Since then they have won at Witton and beaten Bradford PA so they will not be easy but a repeat of last season would be good. :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:58 pm 

Just as i told you all, Hednesford at Ossett where rubbish and still are. Our forwards need to score a few to get some confidence then we could beat anyone in this league. I dont agree with the comment that the ref was poor he had a fair game. All in all a draw was a fair result. The game was entertaining end to end stuff. A good advert for Unibond football. Roll on the next game, Another point today, 3 points on Tue.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:03 pm 

a draw was a fair result!!! how do you come by that decision ???
nearly as dodgy as some of the refs :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:17 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Just as i told you all, Hednesford at Ossett where rubbish and still are. Our forwards need to score a few to get some confidence then we could beat anyone in this league. I dont agree with the comment that the ref was poor he had a fair game. All in all a draw was a fair result. The game was entertaining end to end stuff. A good advert for Unibond football. Roll on the next game, Another point today, 3 points on Tue.

Do us a favour and beat NFU by a cricket score...help our goal difference :D

oh saunter off you witch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:35 pm 

'Hednesford are rubbish', but 'a great advert for Unibond football', 'end to end stuff'. Bit contradictory there, dont you think? :?
As a travelling fan today, I think the draw was a fair result. You had enough chances to have won it by a country mile, but couldnt hit the target to save your lives, and we we were also unlucky on a few occasions.
The ref was rubbish all afternoon, but for both sides, so at least consistent, eh?
Time alone will tell if either of our Teams are knocking the door of promotion come next May, but a bit early to start rubbishing other teams just yet, methinks. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:52 pm 

TGV wrote:
'Hednesford are rubbish', but 'a great advert for Unibond football', 'end to end stuff'. Bit contradictory there, dont you think? :?
As a travelling fan today, I think the draw was a fair result. You had enough chances to have won it by a country mile, but couldnt hit the target to save your lives, and we we were also unlucky on a few occasions.
The ref was rubbish all afternoon, but for both sides, so at least consistent, eh?
Time alone will tell if either of our Teams are knocking the door of promotion come next May, but a bit early to start rubbishing other teams just yet, methinks. :wink:

do not think we were rubbishing your team just that you played rubbish on certain occasions like we did up to xmas last year

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:02 pm 

Forest Blue we made our chances they made theirs. We both could not score, its not brain surgery a draw was a fair result. the words beer specs and rose specs come to mind.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:53 am 

A very fair unbiased report on the Hednesford website. It is unusual to find other teams giving us some credit. In the club house after the game an Hednesford person said that they were glad to hear the final whistle and that Frickley were a good side. Players don't miss chances on purpose, at least we created some. I would rather we did not score and not lose than score plenty and lose.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:55 pm 

We had some bad luck yesterday, if we keep playing like that the goals will come.
Nice to see a team come here and not kick us to death, made it an enjoyable match.