It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Good Result But
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:47 pm 

Great result today another point, still unbeaten, but stupid sending off ( White,) you carnt kick a player in front of the ref and hope to get away with it, And a very poor pen straight at the goal keeper more or less. We should have had all 3 points if the pen had been better.Roll on the next game.
Is this our season at last?
PS Why were two cops at the match today?

Post subject: Re: Good Result But
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:23 pm 

2 points dropped i suppose but a good point anyway!!! i thought marine were toothless to be honest, and had set their stall out for a draw, we bossed the match even when we were down to 10 men. not taking it away from the keeper, i thought he did well to save the pen.
bit silly from whitey i agree, the ref wasnt helping our players too much today and maybe a bit of red mist got the better of him :evil:

5 points in the bag is a goodstart considering last year, so well done to the boys. more of the same please :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:25 pm 

very good result and credit to the lads for battling so well, given the pen there is every right to be dissapointed but it is definately a point won after the early sending off. whity deserved the card but the ref was inconsistant. whit was trying too hard and the marine players were doubling up on him.
you keep asking if this is our season at last, we had a great season in 05/06 were you not a fan then? this is Billys season!
two community cops are at nearly all the games, you would know that having watched us for 40+ years! they probably get free tea.

roll on ilkeston and that nobend of a steward who caused the mini ruck two years ago.

great start Blues keep it going!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:35 am 

Thanks dust my old mate for reminding me about the great season we had a few years ago ( great days up the lane). Yes i was watching the best team in the area then.But as you know that was a one off for many years in the league. But after the last 3 games i am now SURE that this WILL be our season, so to keep you happy i will stop asking the question. Keep it going lads on monday and at home next Saturday.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:44 am 

A solid performance. Very impressed by Nicklin, Heath, Lindley
and Pell in particular. We do have a very strong central defence
with more than enough cover.
Donny are watching Nicklin according to certain people, I thought
his handling was very good against a somewhat lackluster Marine
side. Maybe the loss of their giant centre half unsettled them a
bit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:50 pm 

I agree Saturday's performance by the ten men was extremely solid. Pell worked his socks off leading the line and Mozza dropped back well to cover the space left by White's stupidity. My only disappointment was that we didn't put any pressure on the Marine defence once they went down to ten. At that stage we should have tried to win the game but Billy was content to hold on for a draw. One point better than none but should we have gambled and gone for all three.