It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Why
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:00 pm 

At one of the pre season matches this year there was a notice on the turn stile that read something like this. Any one who uses racist comments or obscene offensive language will be asked to leave the ground. I would like to think our club is trying to be a family club (ie the fun day, kids soccer school ext) so why do we have to lishen to some of the supporters useing offensive language. ie we are blue we are white we are f--- dynamite ext.What do the visiting teams ladys think i wonder? What about the kids who come to our matches. Is this the only way our supporters can express them selves? Do we need it? Remember last year and the Worksop complaint about racist comments.Lets have the debate what do you all think?

Post subject: Re: Why
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:52 pm 

As you have already brought it up Frickley1, I had the dubious pleasure of standing next to these half dozen Gorillas, outside the Frickley bar, first half last night. They were at it in the bar at half-time also and totally ignored the barmaids requests to cool it.

Lets be honest though, these are not kids but big stocky men in their 30's, pissed up, and they all look useful, apart from the monkey with them, called pitdust I think. I'm no shrinking violet, but even I thought better of it, to say something about their language. So I couldn't really expect club stewards to do anything about it either, could I.

Imagine South Elmsall being small, that everyone knows everyone else. Club officials are probably too scared to do anything for fear of reprisals outside the club.

Shame, these neanderthals are spoiling the decent atmosphere at Frickley. Especially as several of our support mentioned how tidier Westfield Lane looked from our visit last year.

Hope you solve the problem, as it's costing your club money. Normally like a few beers half time and full time. Had one last night and left because of them and didn't bother going in at all after the match.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:03 pm 

So Frickley supporters lets have the debate.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:05 am 

Ok i take your point you dont want the debate you must be happy with things as they are.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:51 am 

r u a true frickley fan? youve been on here two minutes and trying to cause world war 3 isnt the way to make friends. yes, were a rowdy lot, the whitby fans made enough comment. its football. it wasnt racist or aggressive. just banter and gettin behind em. up the blues.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:55 pm 

Thanks for your comment my friend (king street blue).I have been comeing to Frickley for 45 years or so and honestly i dont want to make world war 3 with my fellow blues. And i am not saying there was anything racist or aggressive on Tue night i only pointed out that at the pre season match that is what the notice said out side the turn still.Its great when the blues fans get behind the lads and a bit of bantter is spot on it makes for a great atmosphere and as you say its football and football matchers are rowdy and rightly so.But i feel sure you will agree we need to get the familys in women and kids they are the next generation of supporters and i know that people dont come to the matchers with there familys because of the bad language.By all means lets get behind the lads but lets consider the familys women and kids.And if we carnt discuss these things on the forum with out been labelled a war monger where can we discuss them. Hey lets not start falling out wIth each other. We are blue we are white we are dynamite.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:21 pm 

no debate needed....to be fair mate, our ground is big enough, if they are to noisy for you move away or sit in the stand, we have lots of familes coming up and they sit in the stand happy, i think your making something out of nothing pal and to be honest they are not new supporters so why comment now. they are good local lads paying money and keeping it local, yes they have their moments so does every other club. football represents everyone, some sing some not and there is language at every ground in the country. some drink some not, life is about choices chief either move away if you dont like them or stop moaning. they are frickley fans and dam good ones.

in truth as the club is on a high at the minute are people running out of stuff to complain about?

get behind the team and buy a pint..