It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Blues at Witton.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:53 pm 

shocking lack of support for the lads on here!

Come on Blues! Its an ideal time to play Witton! bring home some points!

Solidarity.

Post subject: Re: Blues at Witton.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:08 pm 

Good luck at Witton.......soften them up for us, we play 'em next Tuesday :twisted:

oh saunter off you witch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:45 pm 

Off the mark at the first attempt..Yes!!

Bring on tuesday. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:47 pm 

Great start, Away at Witton 1-1. Bring on whiby.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:02 pm 

After going a goal down did enough to win, especially in the second half. Witton programme tiped us to finish 22nd in the league.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:22 pm 

well done blues, great result, now bring on whitby at a noisy wessie lane!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:23 pm 

Before the game I, like probably most Blues' fans, would have been well happy with a point.

However, after a 5-10 spell of real Witton dominance in the first half we bossed the game. Their goal was a little against the run of play, and when we equalised it was the least we deserved! Great header from Pelly after a free kick by the left hand corner flag. This was after a shocker of foul by their No. 6. How their supporters team/assoc. (whatever!?) voted him MOM i'll never know. Funny though - he contributed to them losing points.

A few baffling team choices today... now i don't know all of the 'story' with all the players... but Calum Selby would have been on the bench for me, at least. And Whitety would have got at least 30-35 mins in the 2nd half. The game was crying out for him. Thought young Adam Lee was a little quiet. Didn't do much wrong, but just... well, didn't do much.

Pelly scored with a cracking header and in all reality we could easily have scored 3 goals in the first half. Got to be happy with a point, as long as we follow it up with at least 4 points in the next two.

Good day out all in all. Witton look a pale shadow of the the team we've gotten used to in recent years. I guess only time will tell how good a point that turns out to be.

Roll on Tuesday.

PS. Decent enough turn-out from the travelling Blues - maybe 25-30.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:36 am 

Not sure if I've ever heard a bigger bottom than the witton announcer, it was worth travelling just to laugh at the utter b*llocks spewing from his gob. Total highlight of the day.

Other than that I thought we put in a very sound display, I'd certainly have liked to see Chris White on for the last half hour, thought Mozz and Pelly played very well, Brough & Walsh in midfield were busy and mobile.

Quite an enjoyable afternoon all in all.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:03 pm 

I'll concur with the two previous posts, a most enjoyable day out, I even found a good cafe within walking distance of the ground, (left at then end of the road leading away from the ground). Frickley created four/five good goals scoring opportunities, to Wittons (struggeling to think of one) I'll now wait for the comments from the home camp, saying they were the better team and deserved 3 points! I think yesterday was my 5th trip to Witton and it was the first time we came away with anything, most encouraging for the rest of the season, although It's certain we will come up against both stronger and better teams. Tuesday's game against Whitby should be a good indecator of our potential, the crowd we attract will also be intersting!

Good start, well done!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:17 pm 

NLP report writes about Nicklin fumbling a save round the post. In fact it was an excellent save from a good shot which bounced in front of and at the sideof him. No mention of the fact that towrds the end their 4 an 5 each had to head over their own bar. on more than one occasion. Thought that by and large the ref. had a good game, went about his job so you hardly noticed. Nice to see their defenders argueing even when they were in front.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:28 pm 
this one made me smile - from Witton web site.

Frustratingly I couldn't make it yesterday, however I am a little concerned that we should be sweeping a side like Frickley aside with ease, no matter which game of the season it is. As I said in my programme piece, I fully expect Frickley to be propping the table up come the end of the season and the general consensus of those present on Saturday is that they are a very poor team. It is understandably difficult to judge the abiliy of this side based on playing Frickley and Prescot as they both set themselves out to spoil the game, but if our new more passionate approach can't break them down then what does our direct style achieve?

Not trying to be negative but we won't be playing rubbish like Frickley every week....

Looking back at Saturday I would have settled for a point at kick off and have to say that slightly disappointed not to take all three based on the performace and its good to be able to say we created much more than Witton Difficult to say how useful a side Witton are affter their many changes but I doubt if they will be challenging at the end of the season. Defensively we looked solid, might have lacked a bit of a ball winner in midfield on occasions although hey worked hard and and up front lots of effort and running, particularly Lee Morris.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:44 pm 

If we were rubbish where does that leave Witton? Witton's man of the match, the only player on the field booked, for a two footed tackle which had the ref. not been lenient a few seconds earlier may well have been a red card. Best of luck to Prescot on Tuesday, since the plonker who didn't see the game, brands you as rubbish like us. Didn't Witton blow it on last match last season when we drew at Fleetwood and they failed to win at home so Fleetwood went up?