It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:18 am

All times are UTC


Switch to mobile style


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Fingers crossed everyone
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:50 am
Posts: 2014
Location: @ my wits end
It might just be too good to be true, but it looks like Works*p are in the mire - they have been locked out of their ground this week, when folks turned up to do some maintenance.

Billy keeping us up was a miracle - if Works*p go out of business it would be a nearly perfect scenario.

_________________
South Elmsall, where men are men, are so are the women

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fingers crossed everyone
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:27 pm
Posts: 10471
Location: Fort William
Mini Maureenio wrote:
It might just be too good to be true, but it looks like Works*p are in the mire - they have been locked out of their ground this week, when folks turned up to do some maintenance.

Billy keeping us up was a miracle - if Works*p go out of business it would be a nearly perfect scenario.


I really hope that was tongue in cheek, Mini, because gloating over another club's problems is beyond words! I am all for a bit of banter, but when a fellow non league club COULD be going under we should all be giving them our moral support to sort out their problems. Schadenfreude does not become a class team like Frickley, so I am hoping you are in the minority, Mini. :|

_________________
trimmtrab wrote:

oh saunter off you witch


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fingers crossed everyone
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:39 am
Posts: 127
Location: Oxford Street
I hope worksop dont go out of business, we are lucky at frickley in that we havnt had any major landlord issues.

We have enjoyed a good rivalry and they are much better for us in our league playing us than the likes of a Leek or Stamford are.

rivalry is onething but to wish that on a club when our own is always in the balance is a little harsh.

its worth remembering the superb job the directors and all types of supporters do at frickley, because without them its a slippery slope at this level.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fingers crossed everyone
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:27 pm
Posts: 10471
Location: Fort William
pitdust wrote:
I hope worksop dont go out of business, we are lucky at frickley in that we havnt had any major landlord issues.

We have enjoyed a good rivalry and they are much better for us in our league playing us than the likes of a Leek or Stamford are.

rivalry is onething but to wish that on a club when our own is always in the balance is a little harsh.

its worth remembering the superb job the directors and all types of supporters do at frickley, because without them its a slippery slope at this level.


Well said pitdust

_________________
trimmtrab wrote:

oh saunter off you witch


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fingers crossed everyone
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:25 pm
Posts: 70
Location: Ilford
I agree that to see any club go out of business is a shame and I hope that Worksop get over there little problems. Anyway we like taking points off them and they are also one of our local rivals in the NPL.

Come on you Blues!!! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fingers crossed everyone
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:27 pm
Posts: 10471
Location: Fort William
bryn y groes wrote:
I agree that to see any club go out of business is a shame and I hope that Worksop get over there little problems. Anyway we like taking points off them and they are also one of our local rivals in the NPL.

Come on you Blues!!! :D


Now THAT is what I like to see....banter!! Not meanness!

_________________
trimmtrab wrote:

oh saunter off you witch


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fingers crossed everyone
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:29 am
Posts: 8090
Location: Kendal, Cumbria
pitdust, you appear to have mellowed me old mate...good on ya !!

_________________
http://www.kendaltownfootballclub.co.uk

http://www.kendaltownforum.co.uk.tp

KENDAL TOWN FC FOREVER.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group