It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Morpeth
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:07 pm 

Well 1 forward and 3 back really is all we can take from today. Disappointed after Tuesday night which showed promise. We were outplayed in all areas , muscled off and unable to rise above.
Morpeth are nothing but a bunch of thugs, very reminiscent of Salford and fcum in their game play. Not what I like to see tbh and the ref, well we'll just leave that right there. Another totally out of their depth.

Post subject: Re: Morpeth
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:01 pm 

Interesting summing up from forest blue
thugs !!!
Frickley had two sent off for violent conduct v one for Morpeth . DISCIPLINE !.
Not a entertaining game after the sending offs .
less said the better

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:42 pm 

1 retaliated after being grabbed by morpeth no.2 and the other was for allegedly kicking morpeth keep in the head. I use the term allegedly till I see different. Play acting by several morpeth players feigning injury went unpunished by an inept referee. He showed his colours after the melee that got 2 sent from the field, when morpeths no.9 went with an high boot studs showing into a challenge taking the man for a yellow, which should have been another red. Bottled it there and then letting them take the p*as. Need I say more ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:42 am 

I said years ago that if we went down we would never get back into the Prem div or we would be in this rubbish div for some time.The old board failed the club big time for years IMO and at the time I said so and still think that was the case. Where are they now? Sold out JUMPED SHIP. They where happy to just plod on and as a result we are where we are today IMO thanks. Last year gave me some hope that I was wrong and I still hope I will be shown to be wrong and I will be the first to say I was wrong if we get back into the Prem.
We need a full time manager ASP not a Mozza like the old board used to appoint and then some players. IMO our loss yesterday means another year at least in this crap Div. If we ever get out of this div we will have to wait and see. I must say I was disappointed that Spen didn’t keep his word but moved on. Let’s hope the other board members keep their word more than Spen has done.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:22 am 

Good effort first half against an over physical team and unlucky not to be level at the break. Haze looked a lonely figure up front against 3 big defenders, wheres the team that went fifty odd games scoring. Thought somebody might try a shot from distance second half with the wind as the centre half did but we seemed to want to walk it in. Don't know about the play offs this season but I know we're only three points off the drop zone. Poor discipline has now cost us two suspensions. On a lighter note I think yesterdays display would get points off most teams in this division but need a couple of players in badly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:05 am 

bouncer wrote:
Interesting summing up from forest blue
thugs !!!
Frickley had two sent off for violent conduct v one for Morpeth . DISCIPLINE !.
Not a entertaining game after the sending offs .
less said the better

reports have the 2nd sending off for,stamping,kicking,and kneeing, it will be interesting to see what the official version was,and morpeths 4 yellow cards to frickleys 1 shows that morpeth were in disciplined too, and the number 5 can count himself very lucky after callously hacking down hazel from behind when already on a yellow,and did not get a talking to for the offence,fouls not seen,and some given the wrong way(both ways may I add) shows how bad the referee was, and the assistants...well. there was more life in Dickie birds statue in Barnsley,there to pick up easy money.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:10 am 

Frickley1 be careful what you say l got banned for less than what you've said they'll be after you next

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:11 am 

we didn't turn up today against what looked an average morpeth side,as said previously we were easily outmuscled,i feel for the young lads in midfield having to come up against seasoned experienced players, yesterday showed we need more to the squad,we only have what we had yesterday plus connor smith and the loanees to come back into the squad, we clearly need a target man up front who can hold the ball up and win the headers,a couple of experienced midfielders,and a goalkeeper,and that's just for starters,then take it from there.
with the money saved from the likes of allott,mc guire,williams and mcsheffrey,there should be enough to get 4/6 additional faces in at least.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:33 am 

Last edited by Big Ron Manager on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:16 pm 

Blue Stan you copying old posts again dingbat said that about needing players a couple of months ago and everyone had a go at him

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:59 pm 

Everybody in the ground were saying that a couple of months ago.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:20 pm 

Realistically this season is now a write off, providing we get a couple of wins soon, to keep us away from the drop zone. This season should now be for Stan to learn his own ways and gain some vital experience as manager and also to restructure the team and then maybe have another go next season.

From the bits i saw of the game, Frickley didn't do too badly, but on the whole, Morpeth were the better side and got the 3pts. Could have been different if Rowe's shot had of gone in, instead of hitting the bar, but it wasn't meant to be. We are lacking the players at the minute, and with Patts and ible going to be out for 3 matches now, we are in serious need of bringing some in.

Another target man up front, a couple of midfielders and also in defence i reckon. But what do i know? :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:58 pm 

Is Stan the manager now then or is he only looking after things untill we have interviews?
I understood he was the caretaker.
I maybe am wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:03 pm 

Last edited by Big Ron Manager on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:27 pm 

Old school wrote:
Blue Stan you copying old posts again dingbat said that about needing players a couple of months ago and everyone had a go at him

sorry for having the same view as your beloved dingbat, but like him and yourself mine are actually witnessed live, from getting off my backside and getting to support the boys by actually watching them.