It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Sheffield game
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:39 am 

Quote:
awful 1st half

I actually thought the 2nd half was worse than the first. Despite the terrible defending, going in at half time just a goal behind, we were probably favourites. With that wind behind us, not to have a shot in anger until about the 85th minute was absolutely shocking.
Even Darker's long throws would have been more productive than what we got.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:24 am 

Poor game poor team. This team is no where near as good as last season infact they are rubbish apart from just a few. Whats gone so wrong? Why? The games of late at home have not been worth the money we pay to watch because this football its crap IMO. Talking to two men last night who came to watch the game not Shef fans or Frickley fans and they said befor the game started that Frickley are ripping its fan of at £10 to come in for a Div 1 game. I dont mind paying £10 if we are doing the bis but not for this trash. Dont think they will be back at the lane after last nights game. Lets face it we have a very poor team at the moment on its way to a mid table finish at the best. Spen your not bringing home the goods this season and the fans are geting pig sick allready. Sort it mate.
PS. Just watched Spens interview (after I had posted the above) after the game last night and I say stop talking and just do it.
Watch the interview lads you will see what i mean.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:29 am 

Very good post frickley1 agree with everything you said (for once)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:25 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Poor game poor team. This team is no where near as good as last season infact they are rubbish apart from just a few. Whats gone so wrong? Why? The games of late at home have not been worth the money we pay to watch because this football its crap IMO. Talking to two men last night who came to watch the game not Shef fans or Frickley fans and they said befor the game started that Frickley are ripping its fan of at £10 to come in for a Div 1 game. I dont mind paying £10 if we are doing the bis but not for this trash. Dont think they will be back at the lane after last nights game. Lets face it we have a very poor team at the moment on its way to a mid table finish at the best. Spen your not bringing home the goods this season and the fans are geting pig sick allready. Sort it mate.
PS. Just watched Spens interview (after I had posted the above) after the game last night and I say stop talking and just do it.
Watch the interview lads you will see what i mean.

Well said frickley1 agree with everything you said. How come mcsheffrey doesn't have to go watch games even when he is injured the gaffer makes other injured turn up

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:22 pm 

Duffy Luffy i could be wrong, but i thought injured players only turned up to guarantee their wages, not 100% sure though

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:34 pm 

the mighty wah wrote:
Duffy Luffy i could be wrong, but i thought injured players only turned up to guarantee their wages, not 100% sure though

I haven't checked the FA's standard non-league contract that players sign for 2 or 3 seasons now, but my recollection was that one of the clauses was that any player signed under contract had to attend matches whether they were playing or not, unless they had permission from the club. If they did not go to a game without the club's permission then they would be in breach of contract.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:22 pm 

Not looking for any one to agree or not to agree I just want my club to do the Bis and stop talking about what they are going to do. Get on with it or we are in this crap Div for another year. One of two things are wrong IMO one the players are no good for this standard or two they don’t want to play for you Spen or our great club if that’s the case get rid and soon.
Just read the match report.
Great match report and honest well done.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:03 pm 

F1 you won't turn to stone or be hung at the gates just because l agree with you don't panic man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:32 pm 

As they say on dads army don't panic Mr old school.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:56 pm 

This is not a reply to anyone or any comment from anyone, it's my opinion.

Lasts nights game was dreadful especially the first half. This season hasn't got off to a good start, maybe an understatement, especially after last season, are we expecting too much?

Are the fans who admittingly pay good money and expect better, applying too much pressure on our players through this forum?

What effect do these negative comments have on their confidence, the people/fans contributing their opinions need to think very carefully whether they are helping or damaging confidence, think about this, maybe there are more critics than fans on this forum also maybe there are more players and management who read your comments?

Win or lose they need you to support them.
Do it.

One last comment and again I shouldn't and will not defend myself to anyone for what I believe in.

I have always spoken my mind, no one has ever told me what to say or what to do.

An hour or so ago I heard OUR MANAGER, SPENCER had flown back from holiday in Spain to endure some more pain, is that NOT DEDICATION?

Would you do that? I WOULDN'T.
PERHAPS ITS TIME WE ALL SUPPORTED OUR CLUB, WIN OR LOSE WORK TOGETHER.
No hiding my name

Dennis Price

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:21 pm 

dennis you will find its the stalwarts of frickley that are getting disgruntled. if the players read this they should imo try and do something about it, that goes for the manager. he is after all the first port of call.

last season was good but we were found wanting a few times even though it could be deemed a successful campaign except at the end. this season is dire and at the minute i cannot see it getting better.

ask yourself why a player who scored for fun last season is struggling big time to emulate that form this time. midfield is non existant and as i have previously said the defence might as well not bother.

the crowd of 190 should be telling you something as well, people are losing faith, which is only harming the club financially. i wont be booking time off to make a game to watch drivel like i have seen, and i fear maybe we could lose the better players as tensions get worse.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:28 pm 

Should the manager even be in Spain while his team are struggling he said he's not back till Friday which would mean he's yet again missing training when they're playing this bad,and he got rid of gav allott because of his lack of commitment,smacks of double standards.I know most of you lot don't want to hear it but l think some of the players have had enough

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:39 pm 

When you write a post stating that the defence needs to be better, yet you get a couple of fans saying that you're wrong and one even saying that they're "happy" with things so far, then you do starting thinking to yourself, how on earth are they thinking like this? It's like they're scared of giving constructive criticism, in the fear of being pushed out by the club. The crowds and performances are poor this season, it's not a good feeling, especially if the club is wanting to progress, with the backing we have now.

I think it's safe to say that McSheffrey is no longer with us and with Allott gone too, that's two lots of big wages freed up now, surly this can be used to bring in a decent CB, because (i know fans are not going to like this), the players are the back are not up to it at all. It wouldn't surprise me if players like Ible or Hazel left soon too. I mean Allott left for free while he was on contract, so anything can happen.

Having said this, i'm sure a couple of wins can change the mood, but we need to stop pretending that things are not going right on the pitch and stop blaming injuries and referees too.

Last edited by RIP Rory Dove on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:04 am 

RIP Rory Dove wrote:
When you write a post stating that the defence needs to be better, yet you get a couple of fans saying that you're wrong and one even saying that they're "happy" with things so far, then you do starting thinking to yourself, how on earth are they thinking like this? It's like they're scared of giving constructive criticism, in the fear of being pushed out by the club .

Hang on there, never said I was ‘happy’ with the performances, but part of your post said ‘carry on being happy’, so I replied to that part of your post by saying ‘I will’. No one enjoys losing (or drawing?) but I’m out with my pals (I include you in that when we see you), watching a team and a game that I love, and that makes me happy - win, lose or draw. It’s a game, so I never get too down about it.

I don’t get critical for the same reasons as Dennis, I don’t want to knock anyone’s confidence so I always purposely look for the positive, glass always half full. Not sure how useful my criticism would be either. Like we all have, alot of these boys have put in a shift at work or college all day or all week before turning out for the club, it’s as much as I can manage to just stand there and watch. Remember, I did watch most of the relegation season in 2016/17 under Moz and Karl, and applied the same principles then as well. So it’s not out of fear of getting pushed out.

Btw when are we going to see you back down the Wezzie? Be good to see you again, fella....

COYB!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:23 am 

NeverNeutral wrote:
RIP Rory Dove wrote:
When you write a post stating that the defence needs to be better, yet you get a couple of fans saying that you're wrong and one even saying that they're "happy" with things so far, then you do starting thinking to yourself, how on earth are they thinking like this? It's like they're scared of giving constructive criticism, in the fear of being pushed out by the club .

Hang on there, never said I was ‘happy’ with the performances, but part of your post said ‘carry on being happy’, so I replied to that part of your post by saying ‘I will’. No one enjoys losing (or drawing?) but I’m out with my pals (I include you in that when we see you), watching a team and a game that I love, and that makes me happy - win, lose or draw. It’s a game, so I never get too down about it.

I don’t get critical for the same reasons as Dennis, I don’t want to knock anyone’s confidence so I always purposely look for the positive, glass always half full. Not sure how useful my criticism would be either. Like we all have, alot of these boys have put in a shift at work or college all day or all week before turning out for the club, it’s as much as I can manage to just stand there and watch. Remember, I did watch most of the relegation season in 2016/17 under Moz and Karl, and applied the same principles then as well. So it’s not out of fear of getting pushed out.

Btw when are we going to see you back down the Wezzie? Be good to see you again, fella....

COYB!!

No, but we were discussing our "defence", you didn't want to "discuss" it. When i stated for you to carry on being happy with it (our defence), you said you would. Also you agreed to disagree with me on another post when i also said our back 4 need to improve quickly, this indicates that you see nothing wrong with our performances to me.

Fair enough if you don't want to be critical, that's your choice, but others that pay the same money, do want to be, when the team needs to improve. They also shouldn't have to feel that they can't either. Like Dingbat would say, it's not North Korea.

I'll be up when i can. If I'm not at a game, i'm too busy doing something else. I'm not at home keeping away, you know me, i'm an international man of mystery.

P.S should i stick you down for last man standing again? :D

Last edited by RIP Rory Dove on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.