PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:31 pm 

Yes pal 10 days now, feel like starting again after last few performances lol

Post subject: Re: Lincoln game
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:23 pm 

what is " ticker the turkey slayer"
doing these days is he still playonh football

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:36 pm 

Family man these days our tick, helped out at Nostell past couple of years plus a bit of rugby league at hemsworth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:58 pm 

if dingers knowledge is the tops, who are the 3 or 4 players he says we could have had from shaw lane??
as they have had wholesale changes to their playing personnel on an annual basis since joining the pyramid system,
I believe there was only 2 left at the end of last season from their promotion winning side, and one of those left at the end of last season to try his luck at the Jamie vardy v9 academy.
I'm sure the mighty wah will confirm this.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:02 pm 

i know to one ex shaw lane player that priced himself out of a move to Frickley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:32 am 

blue stan wrote:
if dingers knowledge is the tops, who are the 3 or 4 players he says we could have had from shaw lane??
as they have had wholesale changes to their playing personnel on an annual basis since joining the pyramid system,
I believe there was only 2 left at the end of last season from their promotion winning side, and one of those left at the end of last season to try his luck at the Jamie vardy v9 academy.

i have given spencer enough names already if he wants anymore he can ask himself

also dont worry yourself over my football knowledge or percieved lack of it, you should be worrying about the football knowledge of Spencer and co as it seems to me it is lacking at the moment

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:08 am 

the mighty wah wrote:
i know to one ex shaw lane player that priced himself out of a move to Frickley

a lot of players wont join frickley as they cant commit to the 'proffesional approach' installed by the manager, especailly true of the older lads 28+ who have full time jobs and families, they dont have time/energy to be following a diet plan, doing homework and training 3 times a week, for the younger lads that dont work or work part time have no responsibilities and can make it there main focus its fantastic its potentially a way into or back into the pro game, its ok for the ex pro's who coach for a living but for many experienced non league players its a barrier as they simply cant commit the time/energy required

the approach in theory is great but it limits the market you shop in for players its putting you up against bigger fish from 2 or 3 levels above when you do find a target, which means that you pay more and get less. its something that 100% would work better at a higher level, am not saying scrap the approach all together or that its got no benefits but it needs to be tailored to the level the club is at and in a way to allow the club to recruit and retain the best talent at this level (alongside the younger players and ex pro's) or otherwise the club will be stuck in divsion 1 for a long time

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:59 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
blue stan wrote:

i have given spencer enough names already if he wants anymore he can ask himself

also dont worry yourself over my football knowledge or percieved lack of it, you should be worrying about the football knowledge of Spencer and co as it seems to me it is lacking at the moment

evading the question like an mp now, its not spen that's asking it is my name that's attached to the post.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:37 am 

Players at shaw lane last season realistic targets in pre season that would have improved Frickley
Lugsden bro’s
Paul Clayton
Jake picton (you might know him)
Alex Byrne
Neil Austin
Damien reeves

Happy to discuss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:58 am 

all bar 2 playing at higher level now

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:19 pm 

yeah but only 3 of those were there when they won promotion from our division and still there at the end of last season,and the 2 lugsdens are from across the border which probably ruled those 2 out.