It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lincoln game
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:37 pm 

All the best for tonight lads bring home the three points. COME ON.

Post subject: Re: Lincoln game
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:40 pm 

O DEAR. Lost again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 pm 

Ever since the AFC Mansfield game, our season as gone crashing? Why? Where does the problem lie? Please don't blame it on referees, suspensions and injuries. The problem must be bigger. I see McGuire was dropped, then came on in the 2nd half, is he the problem? With Gav, looking like he's on the way out. Where is our fire power coming from, because it dosen't seem to be coming from Hazel or McSheffrey.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:34 pm 

You might have answered your own question there

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:38 am 

RIP Rory Dove wrote:
With Gav, looking like he's on the way out. Where is our fire power coming from,

Whats this about Gav on the way out? That would be bad news if he is.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:22 am 

RIP Rory Dove wrote:
Ever since the AFC Mansfield game, our season as gone crashing? Why? Where does the problem lie? Please don't blame it on referees, suspensions and injuries. The problem must be bigger. I see McGuire was dropped, then came on in the 2nd half, is he the problem? With Gav, looking like he's on the way out. Where is our fire power coming from, because it dosen't seem to be coming from Hazel or McSheffrey.

The squad is not good enough to compete for automatic promotion (which i said and stand by in pre-season) which is the aim considering the sizeable budget (puts on tin hat) the manager has built a mid table squad and is paying top dollar for it.

for what the club is shelling out for Maquire (who is about as mobile as a 20 year old Honda) and McSheffrey (who would rather sack off playing at short notice to appear on sky) they could have 5 or 6 proper players for this level, the budget is been p*ss*d up the wall am afraid,

manager would rather keep a nig name in Mcsheffrey (who let him down at the last min on saturday only to walk back into the team last night?) than one of the best goalscorers the club has ever had, i know who i would rather keep, and i doubt many would disagree

in my opinion the curtain is slipping a little now, last season recruitment was done for him and the side was built in the main by others, the other players he signed from Maltby or the likes all failed, he has probably brought in maybe 2 players off his own back in nearly 18 months that are good enough and probalby 15 that have failed, he refuses or is incapable of recruiting proven solid evo stick ready players, his season he could have had Mark Gray back to partner Ible, Hinsley in the middle and Tom Davey bombing down the wings, Shaw lane went pop there were 3 or 4 there that he could have brought in that had experience of winning this division, but no we go for big names that have played in the league (that are on the way down and have ended up dropping for a reason) and young kids from Mansfield.

if we had a small budget and were scrapping round for players it maybe would be understandable, as your forced to shop at aldi, but club have the money to shop at marks and spencers yet choose to pay big bucks for inferior product from a backstreet market

fair enough some of the younger lads like Walton look to have lots of promise and in a better side would more than likely excel, but 5 or 6 young lads at this level are going to get bullied at worst or old manned at best, no doubt there is enough in the squad to beat the back markers and whipping boys and pick up enough points to be comfotable, you will see this next 3 or 4 games i expect and would be far from surprised to see the blues pick up 9 or 10 points but once the better sides come calling it will revert to type, like i say its a mid table squad at best,

it can change but it needs spencer to re-asses the priorities, get rid of the big names and a few of the younger lads and replace them with 4 or 5 proper evo stick lads, lads with 100-150 games apiece minimum at this level, then you can slot in some younger lads around them and let them develop, at the moment the balance of the squad is wrong, the harmoney is not there, am afriad the buck stops with him that and he needs to sort it quick or step aside and let someone else have a go, which he said we would at the first meeting lets see if he is a man of his word

Edit: also the coaching staff (Hoody apart) lack experience of this level, yes they have the impressive qualifcations and fair play but how about bringing in a coach or assistant with some expereince of this level/situation??

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:00 am 

Ive no idea what you do for a living dingbat, but you are clearly in the wrong job, with your obvious knowledge of the game im suprised you're not a football manager.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:21 am 

the mighty wah wrote:
Ive no idea what you do for a living dingbat, but you are clearly in the wrong job, with your obvious knowledge of the game im suprised you're not a football manager.....

am as qualified a football manager as Spencer that is for sure

whats your thoughts on him buying a job at evo stick level that he has not earnt the right to do??

who would you rather have at this level Gav or the Shef? honest answer?

come on lets have an opinion Keith instead of criptic nonsence all the time, you wont answer tho, your hands are tied, like a puppet dancing to spencers tune

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:37 am 

Honest opinion....as ive stated before im a big believer in "continuity" in football, ie having a settled side whereas each player gets to know how exactly how their team mates work, but unfortunately due to either injury, suspensions, plus other comittments we've been unable to field the same team twice, as for the straight choice between gav or mcsheffrey, i would have gav all day long, but it seems only one of them is interested in playing for the club

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:48 am 

the mighty wah wrote:
Honest opinion....as ive stated before im a big believer in "continuity" in football, ie having a settled side whereas each player gets to know how exactly how their team mates work, but unfortunately due to either injury, suspensions, plus other comittments we've been unable to field the same team twice, as for the straight choice between gav or mcsheffrey, i would have gav all day long, but it seems only one of them is interested in playing for the club

no answer to the first question?? he isnt here on merit, he didnt apply and beat off competition he bought the club and appointed himself, the curtain is slipping now and people can see behind that he isnt the 'wizard' he is out of his depth

as the 2nd i agree Gav may not be intrested anymore but why is that?? and also come off it Mcsheffrey is here for one thing, and after what he did saturday pulling out late on to be on sky as a pundit then walks straight into the side, what does that say to the other lads???? whats your opinion on that?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm 

i honestly think the management set up is the best its ever been, the professionalism is 2nd to none, im 100% behind them as i was with moz, karl, billy, rinky etc, you dont become a bad manager or team overnight imo, as for mcsheffrey im told he's contracted to sky or whoever so it wasnt a last minute thing, bit like clinton morrison at mickleover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:39 pm 

the mighty wah wrote:
i honestly think the management set up is the best its ever been, the professionalism is 2nd to none, im 100% behind them as i was with moz, karl, billy, rinky etc, you dont become a bad manager or team overnight imo, as for mcsheffrey im told he's contracted to sky or whoever so it wasnt a last minute thing, bit like clinton morrison at mickleover

i have sent you a PM

as for Mcsheffrey i was told (so admittedly it may not be true) that he rang the manager at 10am on the morning of the game, now he may well be contract to sky so fair enough, its more about the message it sends to the younger players, i.e he doesnt turn up then plays the next game, if you see what i mean

I agree they appear to be very proffesional and its your right to get behind them and back the club fair play, what i dont like is that they have not been appointed on merit at the time and i honestly think at the time and now there are better options out there that could take the club forward with Spencer reverting to chairman or DoF, but that wont change so i will leave it there

lets hope results improve in the next few weeks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:21 pm 

The mighty wah you sure karl ? “Billy and rinky” don’t ever recall seeing you then as I’ve said before however l know dingbat is a very good friend of mine but l would pit his knowledge of football against anyone l know

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:20 pm 

Old school ive gone to Frickley games (on &off) since the early 80s, some seasons i might've only been once or twice, some seasons more regularly, i used to go when good friends of mine (kev kelly & chicka) played pretty regular, plus more recently when my cousin neil towler played

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:26 pm 

Great lad was ticker the turkey slayer mighty wah by the way have you stopped smoking