It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Gresley Game
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:06 pm 

What’s everyone thoughts of today game

Post subject: Re: Gresley Game
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:27 pm 

After 50 odd scoring games on the trot we now have no goals from the last 3 games. Also the twitter comment during todays match that Frickley don't look like scoring. Top scorers in the league last season, 9 goals in 8 games this season. Whats going on!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:53 pm 

Bad very bad. Mid table and another year in this div. Now 10th in the table.
Come on Spen and team we are better than this.

Last edited by Frickley 1 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:23 pm 

weve not even played a quarter of our games yet, so saying at this present time were set for another season in this division is a defeatist attitude, glad you didn't fight in 2 world wars for us with that mentality, if we win our 2 games in hand were back in a play off position. theres still a lot of water to flow under the bridge before may.
yes the alarm bells are ringing, not time to put it on snooze and roll over yet, its time to get up and battle.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:31 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Bad very bad. Mid table and another year in this div. Now 10th in the table.

Hold your nerve folks!!
By the end of September last year, we’d lost 5 times in the league - we can still turn this around...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:35 pm 

blue stan wrote:
weve not even played a quarter of our games yet, so saying at this present time were set for another season in this division is a defeatist attitude, glad you didn't fight in 2 world wars for us with that mentality, if we win our 2 games in hand were back in a play off position. theres still a lot of water to flow under the bridge before may.
yes the alarm bells are ringing, not time to put it on snooze and roll over yet, its time to get up and battle.

Agree with this, but the fire power is seriously lacking up front this season, despite having Gav and Hazel and while we continue to leak goals at the back, you are entitled to start worrying.

The new signings haven't impressed at all, especially Maguire. Least we have the injuries and suspensions for our bog standard excuses. And at least the old board members have their excuses for the low attendances now. :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:41 pm 

WOW i cant believe what i see at times, we went to Gresley today with a total of 11 players (i believe) unavailable due to either, injury, suspended, wedding or other committments, so my full praise goes to 2 players (gav & JB) for playing 90mins each whilst unfit, plus coaching staff named as subs to help out, even then we created enough chances to win the game but obviously didnt take them, and were undone by a cheap penalty, i for one praise the efforts of everyone concerned today, lets move on to wednesday now

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:18 pm 

It’s amazing how many weddings & ‘other commitments’ have effected team selection this season??

Also the injuries a lot seem to be muscle based maybe the lads are been pushed too hard in training? Certainly need to look at the routines and the warm up etc?

Seen luke Hinsley has signed for NFU missed a trick there Spencer lad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:30 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
the injuries a lot seem to be muscle based maybe the lads are been pushed too hard in training? Certainly need to look at the routines and the warm up etc?

Not true - most have been impact injuries (Jammer, Gav, Tyler, Ali Smith, Hugo and James Gray)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:15 pm 

do you mean "affected" ? but yes, as stated, most injuries have been "impact injuries", but don't let facts get in the way of a story.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:34 am 

the mighty wah wrote:
do you mean "affected" ? but yes, as stated, most injuries have been "impact injuries", but don't let facts get in the way of a story.

Well Mcsheffrey’s certainly looked like an impact injury when I saw him on sky sports doing the Coventry v Sunderland game?? Very convenient :shock: