It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Attendances
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:22 am 

On a serious note if the football
Is so good now how come attendances have dropped 193 yesterday that's not good

Post subject: Re: Attendances
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:12 pm 

We won't get 193 if we produce another second half like yesterday. Glad it wasn't on nationwide TV.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:36 am 

Too many attractive matches elsewhere maybe on the day. Barnsley and The Blades at home does not help.
Hemsworth doing well and Pontefract in the same division might attract potential attendees away.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:29 am 

Before Fearn and McKnight came to the club, people at Frickley maintained that the people of South Elmsall never wanted to watch the club, because we were always at the bottom end of the table and the football was "rubbish".

Now we're at the top end of the table and playing the best football in years, the attendance are not improving at all, why is this? Surly the problem is now fixed? Maybe the above reasons were not the problem at all. So what is the problem then, why do the people of South Elmsall, not want to watch Frickley Athletic?

And before everybody says, "we've dropped down a league" ect. Remember, barring 1 or 2 teams, the fans in the NPL don't travel much, and how many fans from Marske were they at our first home league game? About 50/60....attendance then was only 225.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:56 am 

If a pub or hotel or company gives poor service getting worse over the years people stop going to that pub hotel company or what ever WE ALL DO IT. We find some where else to go, as for football the real fans keep going in the hard times and the good times. Lets face it over the last 25 odd years apart from a few seasons Frickley have played a lot of poor football so people have voted with their feet and walked away sadly and found something else to watch or do. IMO it will TAKE YEARS to pull them back IF EVER. You wouldent go back to a hotel if you found it to be dirty or poor meals for your holidays the following year you would find some other hotel. One thing is for sure football like the second half on Sat will never pull the fans back into the lane. Spen it needs sorting out the second half on Sat wasent worth the gate money we paid.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:45 am 

So is the problem unfixable then Frickley1? The people of South Elmsall will never watch Frickley again, due to the poor run of results over the last 25 years as you say?

If Fearn continues to do well over the next 3/4 year or whatever and takes Frickley into the National North, but still we continue to not attract fans to games, would not that worry you, for the long term?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:51 pm 

So frickley1 if a hotel or resteraunt serves you a bad meal or bad stay but a year later it changed management or owner and people told it was a beautiful meal ECT then you wouldn't try it again pull the other one cos that's plain daft

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:51 am 

A good cup run attracts the locals in my experience. I do not attend very often now due to health reasons and I find it as cheap or cheaper to attend matches at Bramall Lane. If I lived at South Elmsall it might be different.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:26 am 

Rory Dove.
I would hope that if we did get into the Con North people would come to the lane. I would also like to see people come now never mind waiting untill we get into the Con North. Is the problem unfixable? I dont know but I hope it is and I hope Spen and his team are the team to fix it. But once poeple stop coming and go where ever its hard to get them back. That applys to most things as I said in my last post. Yes your right thats not good long term.
Old School.
What I am saying is not daft at all if you had a bad hotel or what ever you wouldent want to go back more so if you had found another hotel or what ever and you where happy there why would you go back to one where you had a bad deal? I was talking to someone the other day who used to come to Frickley so I asked him why he dident come any more he said he dident like the football that was played when he used to come so stopped coming and started a new hobby. He said he was happy doing his new hobby now so thats why he dident come to the lane. That what I am saying. People get comfortuble else where as I said its then hard to get them back. (Hobby. Another team What ever.) Thats not to say they will never come and try it again but its hard to get them to try it again if they dident like what they had had before.
Rory Dove, Old School. What do you both think is the way to get them back because thats what we all want isent it? What do you both think is the answer to the problem? What would you do? I dont know the answer i wish I did it would be great to see lots of fans at Frickley.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:38 pm 

There is a bad atmosphere there now and that’s not l assure you just coming from me it’s as though there is an us and them situation.The supporters club has now become isolated due to ill informed rumours people making assumptions without even bothering to go see for themselves.If only these people knew half of what the supporters club are trying to do by coming to a meeting and getting first hand information not third or forth hand info yes we have an account for emergency’s but that can be for a whole lot of things.most of the people on the supporters bus are against anything to do with the supporters club!!WHY usually because someone down the line says don’t go come see for yourself and you will always be listened to on that you can be assured by the way frickly1 do you attend you always have an opinion we may not all agreee but it’s listened to on here where we voice our opinions.personally while ever this exists the problem won’t improve and this includes members of the old board

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:44 pm 

it was the last saturday of the school holidays, a glorious day, cricket season still on plus only a handful of away fans, not the best combo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:06 am 

So what's the excuse this time 107 attendance that's worse than shocking oh and Barnsley,Sheffield Wednesday or United didn't playlast night

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:28 am 

Tuesday, no school holidays, weather was "ok", no Cricket on, Cleepthorpes brought a few. Surly there should have been 1000 at the gate?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:29 am 

the mighty wah wrote:
it was the last saturday of the school holidays, a glorious day, cricket season still on plus only a handful of away fans, not the best combo

By the way, i'm not just on about ONE game, i'm talking about last season and not just this one.

Last edited by RIP Rory Dove on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:49 am 

As far as I know League cup and sheff cup have always been poorly attended.