It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Blades Game.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:11 am 

Do not expect The Blades to send a really strong U23 side, though it is possible, I watched them against Maltby. They lost 4-3 and it looked like a very weak U19 squad. No one really stood out. Men against boys really. Many of the better U23 players on-loan at other clubs. I hope a decent side turns up and it is a good game. My prediction is a home win by few goals.

Post subject: Re: The Blades Game.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:29 am 

I was talking to Chris Howarth yesterday blade, its an academy side they are sending on Friday exactly same as Maltby game

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:23 pm 

If it is the same side Frickley will win easily if they play anything like. Might be one or two returning from a tour of Malta. Not good
enough squad to tempt me and I will be returning from Skipton anyhow.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:41 am 

A team good enough to win obviously turned up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:31 am 

Blade1 wrote:
A team good enough to win obviously turned up.

the same young blades team that Maltby beat comfotably easily good enough to see off the blues, proving to be far from plain sailing this pre-season at the moment, Frickley look to be desperate for a couple of quality additions? has all the budget been blown on the 2 york lads?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:09 pm 

anybody who knows anything about football knows that pre-season friendlies are purely for fitness building, trying new players & formations, whether you play a pro teams academy or a team of raggy lads from the street, the results are irrelavent, nothing is won or lost pre-season

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:52 pm 

the mighty wah wrote:
anybody who knows anything about football knows that pre-season friendlies are purely for fitness building, trying new players & formations, whether you play a pro teams academy or a team of raggy lads from the street, the results are irrelavent, nothing is won or lost pre-season

Very true but it can reveal things also last pre season barnsley got battered at Rotherham then of league 1 it was clear the squad was lacking and proved to be the case

In similar a similar vein am sure spenna and co are video chatting this evening and planning a signing or 2 as we speak, I think the special one thought the 4 signings in may added to last season's remaining squad looked like been enough and declared time on summer transfer deals, but think it's clear now at least the following is needed

- a proper evo stick standard keeper, current options are playing the 40 year old assistant manager who is about as agile as a steel girder or a young kid that couldn't get a game at handsworth.

- a centre back to play with jammer, you need men in that position not boys

- a proper evo stick midfielder who can win 2nd balls and compete in the battleground, aka a luke hinsley type, playing a 40 year old who retired 4 years ago isn't the way forward

Of spenna takes the bats advice and brings in the above Frickley will pi** the league end of

If they start with the current squad it's play offs at best, my worry is we have paid top bucks for average players when there are lads about who would do far better for better value but the fact is the manager doesn't know the league which is one of the biggest problems the club has

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:27 pm 

How many of the games have you seen dingbat?

Some of the results have been disappointing, yet for me performances have been good- the team has moved the ball around nicely, created lots of chances for the forwards etc. Obviously work has to be done, we need to be more clinical in front of goal (hence why Spen moved to sign James Gray from York) and fitness still isn't there, but I'm struggling to see the doom and gloom you're referencing?

You've picked on the defence, but apart from the addition of Connor Smith from York it's the same defence that played last season (Ible, Liversidge and Algar?). McGuire played 30+ games in the Football League the season before last, as well as regularly for Boston United at Conference level last season, so he's hardly a "40 year old who retired 4 years ago". Spen managed to keep 90% of last season's squad together as well as adding experienced players at both Evo Stik and Conference level (Rowe, Watt, Williams etc), yet you believe a player who often warms Buxton's bench is the way forward?

You obviously haven't watched an awful lot of Frickley football recently, so why not come down and see the new boys in action instead of slating them before the season has even started? It seems daft forging opinions on next season's strategy based on tweets and second hand information. Unless of course you lost interest in the club once it moved on from Karl Rose, which then begs the question why you feel the need to criticise players who you've never seen play

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:57 pm 

That's my point ch1401 the shortcoming from last season have not been addressed

Big money spent on wages for the York lads and maguire but

- no proper evo stick keeper

- no experienced addition to the defence which struggled last year (see the goals against colum) even though it's clear this is needed

- Midfield is key at this level, winning that battle often determines a tight game, you need an engine in there who wins 2nd balls and allows others to play, am sure maquire may have some decent games next seasons but my info is he won't always be available and obviously he hasn't played properly for a full season,

Question is why not go and get 3 proper evo stick laikers? To take the team to the next level? The resources are obviously there but are not been used correctly

And the bat is always watching I have my spies in the club and in the dressing room I am the all seeing eye and more often than not am correct

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:01 am 

A young Blades' sides lost 2-1 at Worksop the day after the Frickley match. Very inconsistent results so far, beating Tadcaster and Frickley, but getting beat elsewhere including Maltby. No sign of better players such as Norrington-Davies, Hallam or Smith and many better ones on long loans.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:06 am 

Hey CH1401, why let the truth and the facts, for that matter, get in the way of a reyt bag of b*ll*cks?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:39 am 

Alverthorponian wrote:
Hey CH1401, why let the truth and the facts, for that matter, get in the way of a reyt bag of b*ll*cks?

Love you too thorponian :)

No facts or truth in this thread from anyone only opinion mine is to win the league Frickley need 3 key missing elements

1. A proper evo stick level ready keeper
2. A strong experienced centre back to play with ible (this was JC obviously last season injury prevented that partnership)
3. A box to box midfielder who can win battles (l think Maquire will sit and try and play and actually can see him been a decent addition however i dont see him been available for every game with his coaching commitments, also Williams is more of a ball player and looks more comfortable out wide when i have seen him or in the so called 'number 10' position, certainly not a ball winner which is what we need)

That's my opinion am not having a go at anyone am saying in my opinion we are missing the above, whats wrong with that? And would others not want to see the above brought in?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:49 pm 

Who will you be supporting this season Dingbat?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:27 pm 

It won’t be Shaw Lane that’s for sure!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:44 am 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Who will you be supporting this season Dingbat?

the bat will be like a social butterfly this season, my plan is to take in a few games at the likes of Ponty, Goole, & Ossett and maybe Belper if there in the area, also the local NCEL sides, Parkgate, Athersley ect,

might take in a few Blues away games in the course of the above, as for the home games might come up to a couple but certainly will pick and choose them rather than come up regularly, like to see football played on the grass not in the sky and for me its clear from the play off game up there the club as predicted as lost its soul, its not what it used to be and its not just me that thinks that either.

not worth arguing about now anyway, each to there own, and lets hope everyone can enjoy the football next season whoever they watch,

dont worry i wont mention the mickleover game it was 'only a friendly afterall'

be nice to hear 'special one spen's' opinion of last night and pre-season so far, he seems to be very quite lately?