It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Anti-Christ of Hillsborough.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:15 am 

You can find my songs and poems including 'Anti-Christ of Hillsborough', Bathing Butt Naked With Big Ron', A Cat Called Jordan Rhodes' and various versions of Frickley songs at my YouTube channel John Blade Critchley, along with comedy sketches. Subscribers welcome.
It is free to subscribe. Other favourites include 'Goole Song', Goth Queen', Wakey, Wakey Wakefield' and 'Wonderful Warrington'. Please give it a try - you might even like it. Any comments including negative ones welcome. Various guitars, keyboards, uke and a saxophone featured.
Good luck to The Blues for the coming season.
Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Anti-Christ of Hillsborough.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:51 am 

Why pay to addvertize when you can come on this ( PLEASE NOTE. FRICKLEY FOOTBALL FORUM ) and do it for nowt?
I dont know why, I really dont (maybe its the hot weather) but I had a look at your youtube page and its ( COMMENT ) NOT JUST BAD IT'S CRAP.
Are you in your right mind these days Blade? or are you just :? ?
Maybe its your pills or something.

MODERATOR over to you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:57 am 

You are welcome to your opinion Frickley1. Thank you for it. I wouldn't have bothered posting it on here, but not much is
being posted recently. There are Frickley songs there somewhere. Some people actually like what I do, surprisingly. My mother
calls them barm pots - she hates my comedy sketches.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:57 pm 

Thank you for your questions about my health and sanity Frickley1. I am taking fewer tablets than I was a few months ago due to losing two and a half stones in weight. My mental health might be affected by the crazy people I seem to attract on a regular basis. Just one question: Can you do better? Subscription is free and I do not make any money from the site - it is there to entertain those willing
to be entertained. There regular updates and well over two hundred videos to choose from.
I might even write a song about you Frickley1 one day. At least I am brave enough to post my songs, poems and sketches, some of which have been used on radio programmes in South Yorkshire. I am creative, not insane Frickley1. There a big difference.
Come on The England and Up The Frickley. An unabashed Blade.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:19 am 

Can I do better you ask. NO but the cat down our road maybe could. If this is your bag go for it. Keep well and rock on.
Now let’s get back to football on our football forum I say.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:06 pm 

Okay, by me. Some good friendlies coming up. There must be some musical cats in South Elmsall, but can they read music and play various instruments as well as me? Just letting you know my answer is the poem 'The One And Only Frickley One'
featured on my channel. End of what I am going to say on the matter, I've better things to do.
Up The Blues!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:00 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol: this is quality

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:29 pm 

blade,,,,,what in hells name is that,ive heard more tuneful voices in the maternity wing up at the hospital, dont ever audition for the voice or the x-factor,or they would have you put in a straight jacket :oops: :oops: :oops:
rather than using the forum,why not take out an advertisement in the club programme to advertise your you tube channel, helping the club and promoting your channel at the same time?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:00 am 

Are you volunteering to be my vocalist Blue Stan? I only sing/bellow the songs because no one else is available at the time of recording. I am a Yorkshireman - anything for free. Pay! Noooooooooooo! Some of my songs need a crazy voice. There also poems and comedy sketches, some of which have featured on local radio. I do have subscribers, someone loves me, and I give them full value for their free subscription, the site added to almost daily, any comments welcome - thank you for yours. Like I asked Frickley1 - can you do better?
I have often stated I am not a vocalist, never likely to be, but there quite a few people with voices considered poor making a lot of money from singing their songs - Bob Dylan for one. Not all my songs are serious, the voice adds comedy value, such as on 'Heavy Metal Sausage', a spoof thrash metal song written after I thought I heard a thrash metal singer use the phrase in a song, no idea what he was actually barking. Not all the poems my own or the songs. You do not have to subscribe if you have no wish to, all right by me. We all have different tastes.
I am not seeking fame or fortune, just putting my ideas on screen and trying to get better at it, often failing, but I will get better, I always do. Not sure I will with my voice, however. I'd love someone with a good voice to take over, but it's not happened yet.
Prophets are always unloved in their hometown a phrase I keep recalling.
I hope you enjoy the Rovers friendly and the season to come. I might turn up at Maltby, I like The Queens and a new micro-pub that has popped up on Mugglet Lane. The Sheppey is good too. I watched The Blades there yesterday.
Up The Blues!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:34 am 

My song 'The city isn't Wednesdays' is collecting some interesting comments and colourful language. I've had to report one contributor for threatening an insulting and anti disable comments. I must admit my voice on it is even worse than usual and my guitar player not up to my usual standard - think I might do another version now my injured finger is mended.
You might watch out for 'A Cat Called Jordan Rhodes' and 'Bathing Naked With Big Ron', one a song the other a poem. Subscription free
if you dare chance your sanity. Quite a bit of unusual 'Monty Python' type humour on the site and some pure insanity. By the way, I still hate budgies. Sean Marshall Shorts will know all about that sentence.
Up The Blues!