It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:11 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 38
Alverthorponian wrote:
I have a massive feeling of deja vu!!!!!!

Sorry to stick my ore in........just trying to lighten the mood!


The hungry horse is back, your lads were lucky tues night

_________________
Warning: I have had a minimum of 8 pints before posting on this forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 38
Frickley 1 wrote:
Give that man Alverthorponian a clap well said old boy.
I feel lighter all ready.
O dear is that spelling rate. :oops: :wink:


Don't answer my question then, Fair enough if you don't think Spencer is putting any money in you probably think the earth is flat as well.

Reading though your posts it's obvious you have some kind of undiagnosed psychiatric disorder I suggest you ring 999 and ask for assistance

_________________
Warning: I have had a minimum of 8 pints before posting on this forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:34 pm
Posts: 4
I'm su
Dingbat wrote:
Alverthorponian wrote:
I have a massive feeling of deja vu!!!!!!

Sorry to stick my ore in........just trying to lighten the mood!


The hungry horse is back, your lads were lucky tues night


I'm sure he is Dingers me old mate!

Were you at Brammall Lane on Tuesday?
If I'd have known I'd have shook you're hand warmly!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 38
Alverthorponian wrote:
I'm su
Dingbat wrote:
Alverthorponian wrote:
I have a massive feeling of deja vu!!!!!!

Sorry to stick my ore in........just trying to lighten the mood!


The hungry horse is back, your lads were lucky tues night


I'm sure he is Dingers me old mate!

Were you at Brammall Lane on Tuesday?
If I'd have known I'd have shook you're hand warmly!


I was horse, exciting game tbf but more due to mistakes than anything else however fair play to Penistone very unlucky on the night, what's your thought on your owners controversial tweet that caused a bit of a flutter round 'tarn' ??

Also in attendance was a life long shaw lane fan that now supports Frickley allegedly yet was grinning from ear to ear when the ducks lifted the trophy despite them knocking his beloved blues out at the semi final stage

_________________
Warning: I have had a minimum of 8 pints before posting on this forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:34 pm
Posts: 4
It would have been difficult for a neutral to identify which team was from the higher league on the night!


I didn't see Mr Woods original tweet but I saw his response to what might have been 'feed back' to it!
And I don't know what Barnsley did but I assume the objected to SL having Barnsley in their name.

Is that the case?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 38
You could tell neither side had played for a few weeks but was a great game for the neutral. One thing you have to say about shaw lane is over the past few years who ever has been the manager they always seem to have the ability to dig a result out against the odds or late on

Yeah BFC objected to them been called Barnsley Town a few seasons ago and again to AFC Barnsley recently it's gotten a bit petty in truth. Both sides possibly have valid arguments

But for BFC it makes them look a bit of a bully but for SL it possibly alien's a section of casual support they could have tapped into

Shame first woody as well as when you speak to him he is a really nice bloke and I thought he handled the Dan Wilkinson tradegy with massive dignity but the impression of him amongst a section of BFC fans is he is a Wednesday fan trying to take the micky of there club in there own town, and I don't really think that's the case

Think he must have the same PR advisor as the board at Frickley :D

_________________
Warning: I have had a minimum of 8 pints before posting on this forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 38
Alverthorponian wrote:
It would have been difficult for a neutral to identify which team was from the higher league on the night!


I didn't see Mr Woods original tweet but I saw his response to what might have been 'feed back' to it!
And I don't know what Barnsley did but I assume the objected to SL having Barnsley in their name.

Is that the case?


https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/artic ... f-barnsley

intreating article above horse, the owner saying SL 'not wanted or liked in Barnsley' think i said this last year and you denied it was the case?

also from a Frickley perpestive I said before would not surprise me to see them spend time playing at Frickley, clearly they are looking at Wakefield Trinity (tried before by Emley - failed) still wouldnt surprise me to see them spend some time at Westfield Lane in the future, they played 2 games there before and were close previous to that to agreeing a ground share before they moved to the Rugby club, clearly looking to get out of Athersley in light of that article

_________________
Warning: I have had a minimum of 8 pints before posting on this forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 9:50 pm
Posts: 56
wonder who the lifelong shaw lane superfan was ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:34 pm
Posts: 4
Dingbat wrote:
intreating article above horse, the owner saying SL 'not wanted or liked in Barnsley' think i said this last year and you denied it was the case? also from a Frickley perpestive I said before would not surprise me to see them spend time playing at Frickley, clearly they are looking at Wakefield Trinity (tried before by Emley - failed) still wouldnt surprise me to see them spend some time at Westfield Lane in the future, they played 2 games there before and were close previous to that to agreeing a ground share before they moved to the Rugby club, clearly looking to get out of Athersley in light of that article


I don't live in Barnsley and I don't read the Barnsley Chronicle so I have no idea whether SL are disliked in the 'tarn'!!!!
You posted a forum for Barnsley FC about SL and I said it wasn't as bad as I thought towards SL.
It is an interesting post Dingers, but there might be a bit of journalistic sensationalism in the article!

If they did share at Frickley would they still look to call them Barnsley of some description?

And I fear a move to Wakefield!
Despite th best efforts of those involved with Wakefield FC football didn't take off.
It might be succesful if there was a succesful winning side but it is a risk!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 38
the mighty wah wrote:
wonder who the lifelong shaw lane superfan was ?


Don't know his name funny looking kid, usually seen sporting NHS glasses from the early 70's. First spotted at Frickley towards end of the season we finished 7th, vanished during the relegation season but could be found at Shaw lane (who by coincidences won the league that year) has reappeared at Frickley this season. What's known in football as a 'Bangwagoner' or 'glory hunter'

Gutted when frickley lost in the semi yet was chearing on the side that beat them in the final.

Not sure who he is although I think he is mates with James kay for some reason

_________________
Warning: I have had a minimum of 8 pints before posting on this forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 38
Alverthorponian wrote:
Dingbat wrote:
intreating article above horse, the owner saying SL 'not wanted or liked in Barnsley' think i said this last year and you denied it was the case? also from a Frickley perpestive I said before would not surprise me to see them spend time playing at Frickley, clearly they are looking at Wakefield Trinity (tried before by Emley - failed) still wouldnt surprise me to see them spend some time at Westfield Lane in the future, they played 2 games there before and were close previous to that to agreeing a ground share before they moved to the Rugby club, clearly looking to get out of Athersley in light of that article


I don't live in Barnsley and I don't read the Barnsley Chronicle so I have no idea whether SL are disliked in the 'tarn'!!!!
You posted a forum for Barnsley FC about SL and I said it wasn't as bad as I thought towards SL.
It is an interesting post Dingers, but there might be a bit of journalistic sensationalism in the article!

If they did share at Frickley would they still look to call them Barnsley of some description?

And I fear a move to Wakefield!
Despite th best efforts of those involved with Wakefield FC football didn't take off.
It might be succesful if there was a succesful winning side but it is a risk!


More love for shaw lane here hungry horse http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/cheeri ... io.268663/

_________________
Warning: I have had a minimum of 8 pints before posting on this forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:34 pm
Posts: 4
I’ll take that with a shovel full of salt....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 9:50 pm
Posts: 56
if its same lad im thinking about i know he used to watch frickley against the likes of hartlepool, darlington & rotherham (fa cup) early 80s, probably long before you were even thought of


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 38
the mighty wah wrote:
if its same lad im thinking about i know he used to watch frickley against the likes of hartlepool, darlington & rotherham (fa cup) early 80s, probably long before you were even thought of


I expect so there for all the 'big games' in the cup and when the team is doing well sounds very much like him

_________________
Warning: I have had a minimum of 8 pints before posting on this forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 38
Just wondering if the hungry horse and the might wah are OK at this sad time?

_________________
Warning: I have had a minimum of 8 pints before posting on this forum


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group