It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:00 pm 

Alverthorponian wrote:
I have a massive feeling of deja vu!!!!!!

Sorry to stick my ore in........just trying to lighten the mood!

The hungry horse is back, your lads were lucky tues night

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:03 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Give that man Alverthorponian a clap well said old boy.
I feel lighter all ready.
O dear is that spelling rate. :oops: :wink:

Don't answer my question then, Fair enough if you don't think Spencer is putting any money in you probably think the earth is flat as well.

Reading though your posts it's obvious you have some kind of undiagnosed psychiatric disorder I suggest you ring 999 and ask for assistance

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:13 am 

I'm su
Dingbat wrote:
Alverthorponian wrote:

I'm sure he is Dingers me old mate!

Were you at Brammall Lane on Tuesday?
If I'd have known I'd have shook you're hand warmly!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:11 pm 

Alverthorponian wrote:
I'm su
Dingbat wrote:
Alverthorponian wrote:

I'm sure he is Dingers me old mate!

Were you at Brammall Lane on Tuesday?
If I'd have known I'd have shook you're hand warmly!

I was horse, exciting game tbf but more due to mistakes than anything else however fair play to Penistone very unlucky on the night, what's your thought on your owners controversial tweet that caused a bit of a flutter round 'tarn' ??

Also in attendance was a life long shaw lane fan that now supports Frickley allegedly yet was grinning from ear to ear when the ducks lifted the trophy despite them knocking his beloved blues out at the semi final stage

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:45 am 

It would have been difficult for a neutral to identify which team was from the higher league on the night!

I didn't see Mr Woods original tweet but I saw his response to what might have been 'feed back' to it!
And I don't know what Barnsley did but I assume the objected to SL having Barnsley in their name.

Is that the case?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:33 am 

You could tell neither side had played for a few weeks but was a great game for the neutral. One thing you have to say about shaw lane is over the past few years who ever has been the manager they always seem to have the ability to dig a result out against the odds or late on

Yeah BFC objected to them been called Barnsley Town a few seasons ago and again to AFC Barnsley recently it's gotten a bit petty in truth. Both sides possibly have valid arguments

But for BFC it makes them look a bit of a bully but for SL it possibly alien's a section of casual support they could have tapped into

Shame first woody as well as when you speak to him he is a really nice bloke and I thought he handled the Dan Wilkinson tradegy with massive dignity but the impression of him amongst a section of BFC fans is he is a Wednesday fan trying to take the micky of there club in there own town, and I don't really think that's the case

Think he must have the same PR advisor as the board at Frickley :D

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:54 am 

Alverthorponian wrote:
It would have been difficult for a neutral to identify which team was from the higher league on the night!

I didn't see Mr Woods original tweet but I saw his response to what might have been 'feed back' to it!
And I don't know what Barnsley did but I assume the objected to SL having Barnsley in their name.

Is that the case?

https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/artic ... f-barnsley

intreating article above horse, the owner saying SL 'not wanted or liked in Barnsley' think i said this last year and you denied it was the case?

also from a Frickley perpestive I said before would not surprise me to see them spend time playing at Frickley, clearly they are looking at Wakefield Trinity (tried before by Emley - failed) still wouldnt surprise me to see them spend some time at Westfield Lane in the future, they played 2 games there before and were close previous to that to agreeing a ground share before they moved to the Rugby club, clearly looking to get out of Athersley in light of that article

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:22 pm 

wonder who the lifelong shaw lane superfan was ?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:59 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
intreating article above horse, the owner saying SL 'not wanted or liked in Barnsley' think i said this last year and you denied it was the case? also from a Frickley perpestive I said before would not surprise me to see them spend time playing at Frickley, clearly they are looking at Wakefield Trinity (tried before by Emley - failed) still wouldnt surprise me to see them spend some time at Westfield Lane in the future, they played 2 games there before and were close previous to that to agreeing a ground share before they moved to the Rugby club, clearly looking to get out of Athersley in light of that article

I don't live in Barnsley and I don't read the Barnsley Chronicle so I have no idea whether SL are disliked in the 'tarn'!!!!
You posted a forum for Barnsley FC about SL and I said it wasn't as bad as I thought towards SL.
It is an interesting post Dingers, but there might be a bit of journalistic sensationalism in the article!

If they did share at Frickley would they still look to call them Barnsley of some description?

And I fear a move to Wakefield!
Despite th best efforts of those involved with Wakefield FC football didn't take off.
It might be succesful if there was a succesful winning side but it is a risk!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:35 pm 

the mighty wah wrote:
wonder who the lifelong shaw lane superfan was ?

Don't know his name funny looking kid, usually seen sporting NHS glasses from the early 70's. First spotted at Frickley towards end of the season we finished 7th, vanished during the relegation season but could be found at Shaw lane (who by coincidences won the league that year) has reappeared at Frickley this season. What's known in football as a 'Bangwagoner' or 'glory hunter'

Gutted when frickley lost in the semi yet was chearing on the side that beat them in the final.

Not sure who he is although I think he is mates with James kay for some reason

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:40 pm 

Alverthorponian wrote:
Dingbat wrote:
intreating article above horse, the owner saying SL 'not wanted or liked in Barnsley' think i said this last year and you denied it was the case? also from a Frickley perpestive I said before would not surprise me to see them spend time playing at Frickley, clearly they are looking at Wakefield Trinity (tried before by Emley - failed) still wouldnt surprise me to see them spend some time at Westfield Lane in the future, they played 2 games there before and were close previous to that to agreeing a ground share before they moved to the Rugby club, clearly looking to get out of Athersley in light of that article

I don't live in Barnsley and I don't read the Barnsley Chronicle so I have no idea whether SL are disliked in the 'tarn'!!!!
You posted a forum for Barnsley FC about SL and I said it wasn't as bad as I thought towards SL.
It is an interesting post Dingers, but there might be a bit of journalistic sensationalism in the article!

If they did share at Frickley would they still look to call them Barnsley of some description?

And I fear a move to Wakefield!
Despite th best efforts of those involved with Wakefield FC football didn't take off.
It might be succesful if there was a succesful winning side but it is a risk!

More love for shaw lane here hungry horse http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/cheeri ... io.268663/

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:30 pm 

I’ll take that with a shovel full of salt....

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:47 pm 

if its same lad im thinking about i know he used to watch frickley against the likes of hartlepool, darlington & rotherham (fa cup) early 80s, probably long before you were even thought of

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:24 pm 

the mighty wah wrote:
if its same lad im thinking about i know he used to watch frickley against the likes of hartlepool, darlington & rotherham (fa cup) early 80s, probably long before you were even thought of

I expect so there for all the 'big games' in the cup and when the team is doing well sounds very much like him

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:26 pm 

Just wondering if the hungry horse and the might wah are OK at this sad time?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next