It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Play offs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:35 am 

Well here we go play offs. We have had a great season good football, at times great football but now we are down to two game. If we play like we can we should be back where we should never have come from The prem. Well done to Spen and team for getting us where we are today. I must say I didn’t think we would be in the play offs this season at the end of last season. I didn’t think we would get back into the prem for years how good it is to say I WAS WRONG. Now we have two games to do it.The lads will be up for it I feel sure. The manager will be up for it I know. All the fans will be up for it as well.
Can I just say from the heart.
This year has in many ways been a sad year at Frickley for me with all the falling out and name calling. This should never have happened should it? but it did. Fans who have come to Frickley for many years have stopped coming. This is not what Frickley FC is about is it? We are Frickley with all our history, an old pit team playing at this level. Granddads going to the game with their sons and grandsons, then sons coming to the game with their sons. Great games in the FA cup runs, matches in the Gola Conference, some great players have played at the Lane, we have also had some very good managers. Chairmen’s. Good day, Bad day. SO
I say let’s put it behind us now and together shout the team on in the play offs let’s draw a line in the sand. And let’s do it for the best and still the top team in the Wakefield area FRICKLEY.
WE ARE FRICKEY AFC AND GLAD TO BE SO.
It would be nice to have people’s views on the above and get the Forum back to what it used to be the best Forum in football haveing some great debates and trying to put F1 down which they never did. JUST SAYING.

Post subject: Re: Play offs
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:17 am 

Good post, Frickley1, I agree with it all. Come on The Blues.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:51 pm 

Agree, good post F1. Pity about all the personal slagging thats gone on this season, I think some fans have decided they don't need it.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:17 am 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Well here we go play offs. We have had a great season good football, at times great football but now we are down to two game. If we play like we can we should be back where we should never have come from The prem. Well done to Spen and team for getting us where we are today. I must say I didn’t think we would be in the play offs this season at the end of last season. I didn’t think we would get back into the prem for years how good it is to say I WAS WRONG. Now we have two games to do it.The lads will be up for it I feel sure. The manager will be up for it I know. All the fans will be up for it as well.
Can I just say from the heart.
This year has in many ways been a sad year at Frickley for me with all the falling out and name calling. This should never have happened should it? but it did. Fans who have come to Frickley for many years have stopped coming. This is not what Frickley FC is about is it? We are Frickley with all our history, an old pit team playing at this level. Granddads going to the game with their sons and grandsons, then sons coming to the game with their sons. Great games in the FA cup runs, matches in the Gola Conference, some great players have played at the Lane, we have also had some very good managers. Chairmen’s. Good day, Bad day. SO
I say let’s put it behind us now and together shout the team on in the play offs let’s draw a line in the sand. And let’s do it for the best and still the top team in the Wakefield area FRICKLEY.
WE ARE FRICKEY AFC AND GLAD TO BE SO.
It would be nice to have people’s views on the above and get the Forum back to what it used to be the best Forum in football haveing some great debates and trying to put F1 down which they never did. JUST SAYING.

Great post F1, however the club are just as bad if not worse re the name calling and falling out, one fan in particular who has been going over 40 years as been subjected to discusting treatment from people at the club, a lot has happend over the past year and there are 2 opposing views, however the club/directors have not only made no effort to re-unite the club they have fanned the flames of division even more, I know for a fact top lads like Mr Sitter and Mini dont want all this but its the message from above, if you dont agree 100% with everything the owner/manager and his men are doing at the club then your not welcome, end of the day things like the way Chad was treated were 100% wrong i know for a fact the lads mentioned would not agree with his treatment and normally would have 'backed' him on here in past times but at the moment they feel like they can not say anything as its black and white, you agree with everything and toe the line or you are out. Thats how Nazi Germany started, if North Korea can offer an olive branch to the world then surely spenna and friends can do the same

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:08 am 

OK.
Now lets ALL get up to the lane tonight and hopefully see the lads win their first game on our way back to the prem at the first time of asking.
Games like tonight and hopefully Sat final dont come to the lane very much that's what makes it a must be there night leaving us with great memorys, I ask who would want to mis it?
All the best to the lads to night you know you can do it. We know you can do it.
So do it for the fans.
Do it for our great club FRICKLEY AFC who are still and in my view allways will be the top club in the Wakefield area.
AND DO IT WITH PRIDE AND STYLE.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:31 am 

Agree 100% Frickley1

Good look to the boys tonight

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:36 am 

Another factor into the mix tonight is if Frickley win and Hayes and yearning (?) Lose there semi then Frickley are up even if they lost the final as the beat ppg losing play off finalist will be promoted the blues are currently 2nd in the ppg table of play off teams with only H&R above them

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:56 pm 

https://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/sport ... -1-8481451

there manager not happy with some of the celebrations in the previous games this season, could be a feisty affair tonight

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:24 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
Another factor into the mix tonight is if Frickley win and Hayes and yearning (?) Lose there semi then Frickley are up even if they lost the final as the beat ppg losing play off finalist will be promoted the blues are currently 2nd in the ppg table of play off teams with only H&R above them

Where is this from Dingers? I thought it was the top 2 (x6), 6 PO winners and then the PPG team (which i thought was already confirmed as Hyde, with Taddy in PO's as a result?)

Agree with F1's sentiments 100% btw... lets hope the season ends on a real high. Good luck to the lads tonight.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:50 pm 

Frickley wrote:
Dingbat wrote:

Where is this from Dingers? I thought it was the top 2 (x6), 6 PO winners and then the PPG team (which i thought was already confirmed as Hyde, with Taddy in PO's as a result?)

Agree with F1's sentiments 100% btw... lets hope the season ends on a real high. Good luck to the lads tonight.

Frickley, at the start of the season it was stated that top 2 (x6), 6 play-off winners and the best 3rd placed team based on PPG would be promoted. However, following the demise of Thurrock there is now an extra vacancy at step 3 to be filled and as the FA have stated they will not reprieve any of the 6 relegated clubs the spot will be filled by promoting an extra club from step 4.

As Dingbat has stated this will be filled by whichever losing play-off finalist has the best PPG during the season which could be Frickley.

Anyway, forget that go and win the play-offs!! Good luck tonight guys.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:56 pm 

Finchley Tiger wrote:
Frickley wrote:
Dingbat wrote:

Frickley, at the start of the season it was stated that top 2 (x6), 6 play-off winners and the best 3rd placed team based on PPG would be promoted. However, following the demise of Thurrock there is now an extra vacancy at step 3 to be filled and as the FA have stated they will not reprieve any of the 6 relegated clubs the spot will be filled by promoting an extra club from step 4.

As Dingbat has stated this will be filled by whichever losing play-off finalist has the best PPG during the season which could be Frickley.

Anyway, forget that go and win the play-offs!! Good luck tonight guys.

What a knowledgeable pair!! Thnx both for insight!! Every day is a school day... :D

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:47 pm 

Step 4 Play Off Sides PPG on here is the bit you want.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19IYalmuYUB-xj6akiGKTOy15BuKDQ36ipalVzYeDzZo/htmlview

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:21 pm 

Great to see the postings again on our forum. Thanks.
Even Mr Pennock posted his good luck on Frickley Twitter.
Trust your fit and well Stev.