It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Spen stopping at Frickley.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:29 pm 

Great news Spen and his team are stopping at Frickley for the long term. ( Frickley twitter)
Many a manager would have walked but they are here for the long term that to me is good news.
Some posters on here have tryed to link Spen with other clubs what say ye now?
All the best tonight Spen / lads.
Play offs here we come or who knows 2nd place and back in the prem.
For me good news indeed.

Post subject: Re: Spen stopping at Frickley.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:39 pm 

Frickley 1 he owns the football club all the announcement is is propaganda not really sure what it's purpose is tbh there will be some reason,

But it's still up to him how long he stays for, when he goes, and how long he remains the club's sugar daddy.

I gaurentee you now if a job came up in the conference north or above he would be off, same as any other manager that's football, only difference is Frickley as a club is now reliant on one man and if that man were to leave for whatever reason where would that leave the club you love???

People don't see what a vulnerable position the club is in, especially the ones been fed the sugar.

People on here last season saying shaw lane won't last paying big money and reliant on Mr Wood, well Frickley is in exactly the same position and no one can seriously disagree with that am afraid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:43 pm 

Well said mr bat that's exactly right they are now completely under his control remember the first meeting do you want to come here to use the new building for your own academy use, no that is not why I've come here well guess what's happening next season but under the Frickley guise cos as dingbat says he now owns the club and he's done it in just twelve months if that not bad for someone who wasn't going down this root

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:35 am 

Old school wrote:
Well said mr bat that's exactly right they are now completely under his control remember the first meeting do you want to come here to use the new building for your own academy use, no that is not why I've come here well guess what's happening next season but under the Frickley guise cos as dingbat says he now owns the club and he's done it in just twelve months if that not bad for someone who wasn't going down this root

The previous board have made there bed now they must lie in it, like I said right at the start Spencer and co have come to feather there own nests, the club will benefit in the short term no doubt but long term remains to be seen. But some of business acumen and communication strategy displayed so far doesn't fill me with confidence

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:28 am 

I hope your right and also wrong Dingbat.
I hope your right that the new board Will bring benefits to the club like getting us back in the prem at the first shot and making Frickley great again after many years of fighting the drop to div 1 and rubbish football under some managers we have had. That’s my dream anyway.
But I hope your wrong about Spen and the rest been at Frickley for their own ends.
All I am saying is it must be good news that they have committed then self to the club for the future And some of the players have as well, and if we like it or not they have put some of their own money into the club.
And as a result we are where we are today. Don’t think we would be if not for their cash.
On the point of the lad who got hurt last night I am sure every one at Frickley wise him well and if it’s right what you say about him been OK that’s great news as well. When I say everyone at Frickley I mean everyone even if they didn’t say so on Twitter at the time.
Let’s get behind the team in the last ten games or so and hopefully come the end of the season we are back in the Prem.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:34 pm 

Them putting money in the playing budget should bring benefits short term and is currently doing so no doubt although teams with less money to spend are currently outperforming us at the top but that's football

Re the contract it doesn't change a thing he owns the club so the contract is with himself technically, contracts mean nothing in football anyway but this one even more so maybe it's been done to settle people down after he missed out on some bigger jobs who knows

All I hope is genuinely that the club get promoted this season and that when they do move on in the future Wether it be next year, 5 years, 10 years wether they move on to bigger and better things or wether they crawl away as failures that they leave the club in a decent position and not in a mess. I think that's what everyone wants in the long term.

Some people fail to look further than the end of the there noses and won't acknowledge what am going to say but it's a fact Spencer and co won't be around forever they will move on in time same as previous chairman, directors and managers the difference this time is the club is totally reliant on 'the owners' now so when there is a change next time (whenever that is) is will be different to any change the club has faced before all we can hope is that when that time does come the club is left in a good position and /or finds a way to fight on